- Birthday9th Sep, 66
- Birth PlaceUnited States
- Marital statusMarried
One of the most endearing goofballs ever to grace the stage and the screen, Adam Sandler is often hailed as the performer who almost single-handedly resurrected the long-running television show Saturday Night Live. A comedian and actor, Adam Sandler was the man behind a series of comedy blockbusters which bore his characteristic wackiness and became more famously known as ‘Adam Sandler movies’. His first commercially huge success was the golfing comedy ‘Happy Gilmore’ in 1996 which raked in more than $40 million. Continuing his red hot cinematic streak, Sandler delivered ‘The Wedding Singer’ in 1998 that grossed $80 million at the Box Office and marked Sandler's entry into romantic comedy. Having firmly established himself, Sandler founded Happy Madison productions in 1999. A remake of the classic ‘Mr. Deeds’ in 2002 saw Sandler and the film earning over $125 million in ticket sales. Sandler who is an avid supporter of the Boys and Girls Club in his hometown at Manchester in New Hampshire made a donation of $1 million to the club in 2007. His formula may have altered a bit over the years, but Adam Sandler's heart has stayed true to his characteristic brand of sweet-hearted and goofy comedy.
- “Well I have a microphone and you don't so you will listen to every damn word I have to say!”
- My comedy is different every time I do it. I don't know what the hell I'm doing.
- Most of the stuff I do on the show comes out of me just trying to make my friends laugh.
- I'm not looking to get away from anything. I like what I've done. I like what I get to do and I enjoy working with my friends. I loved those movies, but this is incredible.
- I'm 31 now. I think I'm beginning to understand what life is, what romance is, and what a relationship means.
- I still get very scared when I step in front of a live audience.
- I never had a speech from my father 'this is what you must do or shouldn't do' but I just learned to be led by example. My father wasn't perfect.
- I don't like being out in public too much. I don't like going to bars. I don't like doing celebrity stuff.
- I do love the films I've done in the past. I work hard in my movies and my friends work hard and we're trying to make people laugh and I'm very proud of that.
- Feels good to try, but playing a father, I'm getting a little older. I see now that I'm taking it more serious and I do want that lifestyle.
- Chemistry can be a good and bad thing. Chemistry is good when you make love with it. Chemistry is bad when you make crack with it.
Did you know?
- Adam recieves People's Choice winner award for favorite funny male star in 2009
- Won People's Choice Awards as Favorite Comedic Star in 2011
- He has appeared 4 times as Theo's friend 'Smitty' on The Cosby Show.
- His family dog Meatball plays a role of ring bearer at his wedding.
- Adam presented new brand cars to all the co-stars after the outstanding hit of his movie 'Grown ups'.
Family & relationships
Pacific PalisadesAdam Sandler owns a home in the high profile Pacific Palisades section of Los Angeles. The house which is built on two-thirds of an acre has seven bedrooms and nine bathrooms spread over 13,000 sq. ft. in addition to a swimming pool.
Bel Air mansion
Sandler also owns a luxurious residence in Bel Air, California. The mansion has a large tennis court and an lavish swimming pool that makes the house even grand. The home currently costs $42.5 million. He bought this house in July 1999.
SingingThe accomplished comedian and actor is also an impressive singer.
Playing GuitarAmong his many trades, playing guitar is one which he simply loves.
Cadillac Escalade hybridSandler got rid of his former black Cadillac DTS and now drives an Escalade which is a full-size luxury SUV, that too a hybrid.
NISTOR IONEL COBAY,ANIMAL,VICTIM EUROPE
Adam and Jackie
Adam Sandler wedding
Mexican resort Las VentanasSandler finds the luxurious Las Ventanas resort as a perfect getaway spot to escape the dreary winters. The resort has giant suites with private Jacuzzis on big balconies overlooking the sea and Mini Cooper convertibles to enjoy the scenic beauty.
When not shooting, the hilarious comedian adores spending his vacations in Miami, as he was recently spotted with his family enjoying his trip to the beautiful city in Florida. Adam had a good quality time exploring the city Miami and having fun in the pool with his wife and daughter.
Location: The beautiful city Miami is positioned at the southern tip of Florida, USA.
Accommodation: Miami offers a range of luxurious accommodations to match everyone’s taste. The prominent hotels and resorts in the exciting city include the Four Seasons Hotel, Mandarin Oriental Miami and Intercontinental Miami, offering world class services for optimum comfort during stay.
Main Attraction: The intoxicating marvelous city offers a magnificent spot for a really remarkable holiday. It features long stretches of pure-white clean sand beaches which offer outdoor activities like walking, beachcombing, sunbathing and snorkeling. The outdoor fun is further boosted by the area’s soothing tropical climate. Visitors can explore the eminent Art Deco buildings of South beach which appear superb in the warm sunlight, or can go for shopping, rejuvenating spas, and numerous other sporting events for more entertainment.
Incredible shopping destination
Boys' and Girls' Clubs of AmericaSandler has lent his unwavering support the club which helps all the needy young people to realize their true potential.
Animal Rescue FoundationThe actor also supports this foundation which was established in 1991 to address the needs of companion animals like dogs and cats who have.
EB Medical Research Foundation"A volunteer nonprofit organization dedicated to the support of medical research of Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB), its causes, development of successful treatments and ultimately, its cure. "
Toys for TotsThe American superstar supports this program vehemently which collects new and unwrapped toys that are gifted to the needy and the poor children as Christmas gifts
Sandler was once the proud owner of an English Bulldog named Meatball who served as the ring bearer at his wedding. Sandler's best friend died of a heart attack in 2004 when he was only five years old.