- Birthday28th Mar, 36
- Birth PlaceSpain
- Marital statusMarried
- "I'll keep working until the end".
- Es difícil escribir un libro cuando no se tienen todos los datos de la empresa ( It is hard to write a book, which all the facts are not available on subject).
- In the street, I only want to be recognised by my family, my friends and people I work with.
- In the beginning, there were some things that resembled others, for example Chanel designs...today (Inditex) has 600 designers.
- I consider that a society is enriched by the work and the contribution of all of its members. The desire to make a contribution from my experience has led me to start the Amancio Ortega Foundation.
- The success of your business is based in principle on the idea of offering the latest fashions at low prices, in turn creating a formula for cutting costs: an integrated business in which it is manufactured, distributed and sold.
- My true and simple desire is that, through the strategies and activities of the Foundation, the results of my life experience, both personal and professional, may reach all those members of the society who might be in special need of backing and encouragement.
- The life experiences which have made me grown as a human being, an entrepreneur and a citizen are based upon a number of principles which I deem deeply valuable: Solidarity, Understanding, Commitment, Hard-work Reliability and Faithfulness.
Did you know?
- Mr. Ortega doesn't like to surrounded by bodyguards, he likes to be a free man and walk without security.
- Ortega's first public appearance was in 2001, before that no body had seen a pic of him.
- Ortega is so publicity shy that he has given only one interview in his lifetime.
- Amancio Ortega Gaona is Son of a railway worker and a house maid.
- Ortega loves to dress casually in a blue jeans instead of executive suits.
- Ortega's only Son is physically disable from birth.
- Ortega hates to wear a tie and Zara executives also doesn't wear it, It is said the last time he wore a tie was at his wedding.
- Even his company and one of world's largest retail textile brand is publicity shy like its owner. Zara has never conducted a publicity campaign. Word of mouth has been recommendation enough for their immense growth so far.
- Ortega goes to work everyday when and rarely takes vacation, he hates to delegate work.
- Even at age of 72, Ortega loves to spend two hours at gym in morning.
- Through Pontegadea society, he has purchased real estate in all major cities of Spain and apart from that he also owns properties in five other major European capitals (Paris, Berlin, Rome, Lisbon and London).
Family & relationships
Zalaeta, Orzan BeachOrtega lives here with his second wife Flora and his youngest daughter Marta.
Anonymous ApartmentOrtega lives in a regular apartment with his first life just like an average middle class man, irrespective of his wealth.
Amancio Ortega bought this yacht for an estimated six million Euros. He has been spotted on this yacht along with his family quite a few times. The name of this yacht was kept in the honor of the town of Valladolid where his mother was born. This 23 year old yacht measures 31.50 meters in length and 6.38 meters in width.
Global Express BD700
Designed to fly long distances at high speed, the Global Express' can fly between any two points on the globe and need only one refuelling stop, while it can fly nonstop between intercontinental destinations. It can fly a flight crew of two plus one or two flight attendants. Any customized Global Express can seat from eight to 18 passengers and can be fitted with a galley, crew rest station, work stations, a conference/lounge/dining area, a stateroom with a fold out bed, toilet, shower and wardrobe. This twin engined business jet has a maximum speed of 950 km/h
He loves horse riding, a trait which his youngest daughter also shares, He owns a equestrian center in Finisterre, Galicia, Spain.
His unofficial biography states that he is fond of cars.
Anualy Amacio Ortega spends huge amounts of his wealth to protect his privacy hense he is known to be an incognito around the world and through Spain. It is knwon that the media pictures cannot amount 200 because well kept secret of his movements. Most of the pictures are presented through his official news corporation of Zara.
The A8 features Audi's innovative Quattro 4-wheel drive, along with a user friendly multi-media interface. This automobile is full in luxury, performance, dynamics and efficiency with 8-speed transmission. Exceptional features like adjustable suspension and other goodies make the Audi a prized possession amongst other cars.
Glowing red of the dashboard
Flora Perez Marcote
Seconf wife of Amancio Ortega
GreeceOrtega loves his work so much that he rarely takes vacation. According to his biographer Covadonga O'Shea, whenever he takes summer break, he goes to Greece.
Paideia FoundationFundacion PAIDEIA was founded in 1986 by Ortega Couple and Ex Wife of Mr. Ortega is currently the president of Foundation. This foundation provides interdisciplinary training and education to people with physical and mental disabilities. Since its inception Foundation has received unanimous praise and many awards.
Fundacion Amancio Ortega
Set up in 2001 with an initial contribution of around €60 million, The AMANCIO ORTEGA FOUNDATION is a private non-profit institution which aims to promote culture, education, research, social action, welfare and science. Mr. Amancio Ortega Gaona currently serves as its president and his youngest daughter Mrs. Flora Pérez Marcote serves as vice president.