Artya’s Tesla Squelette Quadri-Rotor watch is lightning struck
Swiss watchmaker Artya, headed by Yvan Arpa, has earlier raised eyebrows with the Dinosaur Dung watch and now, they have yet another inimitable timepiece dubbed Tesla Squelette Quadri-Rotor. Setting trends for others to follow, Artya has always delivered something that is purely unique. The new Artya Tesla Squelette Quadri-Rotor watch features a self-winding movement with power reserve of 42 hours and is part of the series of ArtyA watches that feature skeleton movements. The thing that really makes this watch one of a kind is the fact that the case of the watch has been literally struck by lightning. The cases undergo thermal combustion, modeling, engraving and other operations done by the Artya ateliers. A Tesla coil, copper wire coil and wires of different kinds holds intact the skeleton movement in the center of the model. The design of the watch celebrates the amazing machine sculptures of artist Jean Tinguely.
The Artya team of master watchmakers has used three meticulously done oscillating weights stabilized by pieces of copper wire. The oscillating weight comprises a quadri-rotor to deliver a stunning visual effect. The miniature dials are manually coated with filaments of gold leaf along with pigments. The space between the movement and the case explores three different themes…
• Quadri rotor électrique: Electricity with its diodes, elements and other coils.
• Quadri rotor à filaments: Copper wires in the world of electricity.
• Quadri rotor bijoux: Valued stones that seem to be floating in the middle of the skeleton-work like a constellation.
An excerpt from Artya…
The wonderful world of unique timepieces in the “Luxury Watchmaking” sector commands insanely unaffordable prices in the real world. Such watches remain the privilege of the exceptional few, not to mention the exceptionally wealthy few.
Artya Tesla Squelette Quadri-Rotor Details:
• Case 316 steel: Silver-colored “Coup de foudre” Collection: cases engraved, mutilated, tortured,“lightning-struck” 100,000 volts, 200,000 volts, 500,000 volts or 1,000,000 volts.
• Bracelet: “Alzavel waterproof” treated leather and hand-sewn high-tech rubber or “crazy frog” tanned cane toad.
• Buckle: Treated steel pin buckle.
The Tesla Squelette Quadri-Rotor has a sapphire crystal back and is water resistant up to 50 meters. The one-off watch sells for CHF 5,900 (US $5,570).