- Birthday24th Apr, 82
- Birth PlaceUnited States
- Marital statusMarried
- What is exciting is not for one person to be stronger than the other... but for two people to have met their match and yet they are equally as stubborn, as obstinate, as passionate, as crazy as the other.
- I arrived in Hollywood without having my nose fixed, my teeth capped, or my name changed. That is very gratifying to me.
- You have got to discover you, what you do, and trust it.
- Success to me is having ten honeydew melons and eating only the top half of each slice.
- Sometimes you resent the people you love and need the most. Love is so fascinating in all its forms, and I think everyone who has ever been a mother will relate to this.
Did you know?
- She is one of the best selling female artists of all time, with more than 71.5 million albums in the United States and 245 million records sold worldwide.
- She won the Academy Award and Golden Globe Award for Best Actress for her role in the film, Funny Girl.
- She became the first woman to direct, produce, script and star in her own picture during 1980s.
- She has won two Academy Awards, eight Grammy Awards, five Emmy Awards including one Daytime Emmy, a Special Tony Award, an American Film Institute award, a Kennedy Center Honors award, a Peabody Award.
- She has released 51 Gold albums, 30 Platinum albums, and 13 Multi-Platinum albums in the United States.
Family & relationships
The Malibu estate of Barbra Streisand is famous for reasons more than one. Of course, it is a magnificent marvel of planning and design but it has also led to the coinage of the "Streisand Effect"! The estate was bought way back in 1974 and is estimated to be of around $12 million in value.
Location: The gated estate is located in Malibu, an affluent and extensive beachfront city in California. Her home is in the remote Ramirez colony. Since it is situated in the hills above the Point Dume, one has to drive a few miles to the west of the Malibu Pier and Malibu Colony.
Accommodation: The 'barn' features three bedrooms made and covered with 'singed' and aged wood. The peach colored 'peach house' consists of a large guest house in the ground floor. That apart, there is also a caretaker's residence which is another separate building.
Features: The home as such consists of 4 separate buildings - the mill house, Grandma's house, the barn and the main house on a sprawling 22.5 acres. Surrounding the house on three sides are man-made streams, gurgling merrily. Adding a natural touch is a pond with fish in the front and a rose garden which is almost spiritually elevating. At the bottom is a large basement which houses the many antiques (that the celebrity owns) as a village of shops. Included there is an elaborate doll shop too! The family room is large and cozy at the same time with a monochrome theme and a traditional fireplace. The 'peach house' has a screening theater on the first floor.
Neighborhood: Malibu is home to a galaxy of Hollywood stars and other affluent celebrities. The list of some of the notable people who stay here includes Jennifer Aniston, Pamela Anderson, Emily Blunt, Jeff Bridges, Jim Carrey, Cindy Crawford, Bob Dylan, Mel Gibson and Tom Hanks.
Beautiful pink interiors
Beautiful front view
Streisand has been photographed going for dinner with her son in a black Ford Explorer. The diva has got the vehicle interiors customized as per her tastes and intricate rose wood paneling lines the dashboard and door. The bucket seats are covered in expensive suede leather. The rear auxiliary climate control system allied with the standard car air-conditioner makes for a very powerful combination and completely insulates passengers from adverse weather conditions. The car has been equipped with power steering along with electronically operated door and window locks. A single disc CD player with 6 speakers along with a media hub makes for a very enriching entertainment experience.
The artist campaigns for the NGO Oceana. Their main aim is to restore the world’s oceans with its habitats. It’s highly qualified team of marine biologists and lawyers utilize their influence to legislate major policy changes and strive to reduce sea pollution thus helping to arrest the decline of marine life.
David Foster Foundation
Streisand has actively campaigned and donated a lot of money to this charity . The non-profit organization helps in providing financial and emotional support to the Canadian children in urgent need of organ transplants. It also strives to raise organ donor awareness in USA and Canada.
The Streisand Foundation was established by the actress in 1986. She has donated more than $15 million to support her charity. The NGO’s activities range from providing financial help to national organizations working to preserve the environment, raising awareness to protect civil rights and liberties, voter education, programs related to women’s health and elimination of nuclear weapons.