Baselworld 2011: SpidoSpeed Chronograph, a 3D skeletonized experience
At Basel, Linde Werdelin presented the SpidoSpeed, its most anticipated creation to date. With a strong reference to the brand’s SpidoLite range and inspired by the racing car industry, the SpidoSpeed is Linde Werdelin’s first chronograph model. It features a new and more complex skeletonized steel case construction with weight reduction technology. Its multiple-layered dial construction makes for an all-round 3-Dimensional experience. The tribute to the racing car industry is noticeable from the detail of the material used on the dial to the small holes on the sub-dials, which look like the brake discs. The round cut-out details on the strap bear a reference to the driving gloves. Morten Linde says…
I wanted the SpidoSpeed to be a complete 3-Dimensional experience no matter the angle you look at it from. Whether this is the ten-layered dial, the skeletonized case, the see-through case-back or the strap. I wanted this model to be one holistic 3-Dimensional experience for the owner.
For the case, a total of 32 components have been painstakingly put together in a three part construction. The dial has been designed into two parts, following the same design philosophy as the case and adding depth to the watch when reading time. Morten Linde further says…
Adding as many as ten layers on the dial alone accentuates the 3-Dimensional experience. The ability
of the eye to focus on millimetres makes the SpidoSpeed experience most interesting.
All three versions of the SpidoSpeed will be a numbered series of 100 pieces. SpidoSpeed steel, steel Black DLC and Titanium DLC with rose gold will sell for €11,760, €12,360 & €16,560 respectively.
Technical Specifications: SpidoSpeed Chronograph skeleton watch
• Movement: Chronograph / Power reserve: 48hours / Number of components: 237 / Balance frequency: 28800 Alt/H / LW designed oscillator.
• Case: Three part construction steel microbille / Number of parts: 32 / anti-reflective sapphire crystal / Back case: see-through sapphire crystal, spider web & chronograph subdial engravings / Screw in crown with LW logo / Chronograph pushers at 2 & 4 o’clock.
• Dimensions: 44mm (w) by 46mm (l) by 15mm (h)
• Dial: Two- part black galvanic dial: perlage surface base part, opalin top dial part / chronograph sub-dials for hours, minutes & seconds / Hands: Six diamond cut hands / Grey SLN on main dial and sub-dial indexes.
• Water Resistance: 100m
• Strap: SpidoSpeed textured calfskin strap with steel ardillon buckle.
Linde Werdelin was founded in 2002 by Morten Linde and Jorn Werdelin, and has redefined the world of luxury sports watches by bringing together the best of Swiss watch craftsmanship with innovative Danish design and avant-garde technology.