- Birthday31st Dec, 43
- Birth PlaceUnited States
- Marital statusMarried
- One of the greatest things drama can do, at it's best, is to redefine the words we use every day such as love, home, family, loyalty and envy. Tragedy need not be a downer.
- I just loved playing a man who was unafraid of making an idiot of himself in the process of falling in love. I found that admirable.
- I try and reduce myself to an almost blank slate and hope to God that I am creative.
- When you drop your guard in films, the acting process compensates. You get lazy and you start acting.
- I always try to find something I admire about every character I play.
Did you know?
- He was awarded a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2010.
- His best-known role to date is in the Academy Award-winning film Gandhi in 1982.
- He won the Academy Award for Best Actor for his performance as Mohandas Gandhi in film Gandhi.
- He won a Crystal Globe award for outstanding artistic contribution to world cinema at the Karlovy Vary International Film Festival in 2001.
- He won a Grammy Award for Best Spoken Word or Nonmusical Recording for The Words of Gandhi in 1984.
- He was awarded the Indian civilian honour Padma Shri in 1984.
- He was honoured with the Fellowship Award at The Asian Awards in London in 20`3.
Family & relationships
- Daniela Lavender Wife
- Ferdinand Kingsley Son
- Daniela Lavender
Ben Kingsley bought the luxurious Spelsbury House in 1998. It was extensively renovated by renowned architect Michael Reardon and elements of Gothic architecture were incorporated to suit his tastes. The house was constructed in the middle of the ninetieth century and its estimated value today is 15 million USD.
Location: The estate is located in the scenic countryside of Oxfordshire in England.
Accommodation: Spread over 3 acres, the estate offers a very beautiful view of the lush green English countryside. It has a massive living room, three bedrooms and a dining room. A big entrance hall adorned with a wooden staircase welcomes the visitors inside. The kitchen has been fitted with all the latest modern amenities like microwave and dishwasher. A thatched roof house located next to the main house serves as a guest room. The courtyard gives way to a very beautiful garden. The garage can accommodate up to 6 cars.
Features: A mix of expensive and modern antique furniture has been used to decorate the house. The modern furniture has been sourced from the nearby workshops of Oxfordshire and their design reflects the history of the area. The living room is adorned with a Rococostyle console table where the Oscar award won by the actor occupies the pride of place. A 19th-century painted Italian mirror and the walnut William Morris armchair complete the grand look. The master bedroom is decorated with antique furniture like a rosewood four-poster bed, a Swiss blanket chest, a Louis XV–style settee. The kitchen features a Victorian pine table. Expensive paintings like Patrick Morrison’s “The Accordionist” and “Lovasok” by Hungarian master Kádát line the walls of the mansion. The rugs have been sourced from Morocco and the Murano glass chandelier from Italy. The house is warmed by imported Californian gas heaters.
Neighborhood: Famous people like comedian Rowan Atkinson and tennis star Tim Henman reside in Kingsley’s neighborhood.