- Birthday28th Jan, 40
- Birth PlaceMexico
- Marital statusMarried
- When you live for others' opinions, you are dead. I don't want to live thinking about how I'll be remembered.
- In this new wave of technology, you can't do it all yourself, you have to form alliances.
- I still have my laptop but I haven't used it. I'm a paper man, not electronic.
- It's not a question of arriving and putting in a whole new administration, but instead, arriving and "compacting" things as much as possible, reducing management layers. We want as few management layers as possible, so that executives are very close to the operations. We also don't believe in having big corporate infrastructures.
- The key is the Internet. The United States is by far the most advanced country in this new digital culture, so we have to be there. The Internet is the heart of this new civilization, and telecommunications are the nervous system, or circulatory system.
Did you know?
- He is the first World Richest man from a developing nation
- In Mexico, Slim is "Mr. Monopoly"
- He bailed out The New York Times
- He loves baseball
- In the U.S., he would be a trillionaire
- He is famously frugal
Family & relationships
- Carlos Slim Domit Son
- Johanna Slim Daughter
- Marco Antonio Slim Son
- Patricio Slim Son
- Soumaya Slim Daughter
- Vanessa Slim Daughter
- Soumaya Domit