- Birthday11th Aug, 73
- Birth PlaceUnited States
- Marital statusDivorced
- Being in the world of fashion you have to be very self-absorbed, and you are surrounded by people who are very self-absorbed.
- I always feel like I'm so boring, but I don't get bored with me.
- I have great respect and understanding for military commitment due to my own family's involvement with the armed forces.
- I'd like to reach out to more women and different body types.
- Giving birth was the most amazing thing I've ever done. I'd been living in a Third World country, and I said, 'I'm going to just squat behind a tree.' I basically did that but in a chair in my living room. I didn't want a sterile hospital room. I didn't want doctors. I had a midwife.
Did you know?
- She was was named VH1/Vogues "Model of the Year" in 1998.
- She was one of the "Modern Muses" on the November 1999 Millennium cover of American Vogue.
- She won the coveted title of Estee Lauder spokesmodel in 2001.
- She was 9th on the Forbes top-earning models list, estimated to have earned $3.5 million in one year in 2012.
Family & relationships
The luxury real estate market was abuzz with Carolyn Murphy, nominated as the 9th richest model in the world, listed her home for sale in mid-2012. The home carries a price tag of $2,995,000 and a history that dates back to 1927. A lot of interior decorating and upgrades have happened since and this house is definitely a slice of France in Los Angeles. She had purchased the house just a few months before, in September 2011 for a price of $2,625,000.
Location: The two-storey house is located in the upscale Brentwood area of Los Angeles.
Accommodation: The house has a total living area of 2,361 square feet. Though that is the listed area, it might vary considering the age of the house. There are 3 spacious bedrooms and accompanying them are 3.5 bathrooms.
Features: The exteriors of the house sport a small yet effective swimming pool with garden hedges all around for privacy. There is also a private fire-pit area which is a lovely place to host small parties. Entering the home, the large living room greets the visitor with its impressive oak flooring. There are many niches for books, decorative items and mementoes. There is also a homely fireplace in the comfortably furnished living room. The kitchen is updated with modern appliances and is roomy and airy - perfect recipe for cooking! The bedroom has been lined with large windows with curtains and definitely looks very inviting and calming.
Neighborhood: Brentwood has been and is a home to more than a dozen celebrities. Some of the more famous names include Cole Porter and Harrison Ford.