- Birthday30th Mar, 68
- Birth PlaceCanada
- Marital statusMarried
Celine Dion, the French-Canadian superstar has risen from humble beginnings to being known as one of the world's most selling artist and top earning musician. The diva, who began her singing on stage at the age of five, is also known for performing sell out shows of ninety-minute extravaganza held at the Colosseum theater at Caesar’s Palace, and that too for five consecutive years. The Colosseum Theater is a 4000 seat arena that got especially designed for her show, and Celine reportedly spent $2 million for the humidifier. Oscar winner Celine has made her fortune in the music business, but is also known for her other accomplishments and passions including her franchise restaurant chain, Nickel Restaurants and her love for golf. Celine is also known as one of the top celebrity golfers. With all her talents, the singer is equally known for her flamboyant lifestyle that includes her multi-million dollar Florida mansion, which has a water park, her own golf course and entourage which cost her $4 million a year.
Celine was 26, when she got married to Rene Angelil, 52, twice divorced, also known as the man who discovered her. Mother to Rene Charles and twins Eddy and Nelson, in 2010, Celine revealed that she underwent four different fertility treatments and the fifth round of in vitro fertilization (IVF) brought her the outcome of twins.
- I guess it all depends on your nature. Some people can't stand being alone. I love solitude and silence. But when I come out of it, I'm a regular talking machine. It's all or nothing for me.
- The most important thing I can give to my son is my true values. Whatever choice he makes, I want him to assume his responsibilities and achieve what he wants - and be happy. For me to be able to give my happiness to my son. I cannot achieve better than that.
- "I missed my family and my home, but I don't regret having lost my adolescence. I had one dream: I wanted to be a singer."
- My life is to be a mom. It is what I enjoy the most. It is my most amazing reward. I will take a chance with my music. I don't take risks with my family.
- I love performing, but I never really liked show business. My success is my family. I want to be more successful as a mother.
- There's always a new thing happening to me that's even more extraordinary, so pressure gets harder. But I like it when it's hard. Anyone can do it when it's easy. When it's hard and you can do it good, you're proud of yourself. There's going to be more pressure as the years go by, that's for sure. But I think I'm a hard worker and I'm ready for that. As long as I believe in what I'm doing, the pressure is okay with me.
- For me, singing was real life, not two plus two equals four.
- I'm not trying to be a nice girl, but it's me. I'm not afraid to be nice.
- There's one way to do showbiz, if you want to do it perfectly, you have to be disciplined and you have to be ready to work really hard.
- "When I met Rene, I loved him, but as a child, The more I got to know him over all the years we worked together, the more I fell in love with him."
- "Make sure you choose good friends and that those friends tell you the truth. It's very easy to say to people, 'You're beautiful and you're making the right choices,' but it's very important to choose good people to tell you the truth."
Did you know?
- Celine Dion is listed in the Guinness Book of World Records for selling the maximum number of French-language album of all times.
- Celine Dion has sold over 200 million albums (according to Sony), which makes her one of the best selling female artist in till date.
- She started a restaurant chain called "Nickels" in 1990 in Quebec City, and later on she opened more of its outlets in Canada.
- She not only sings with native perfection in English and French, but she also sang in Spanish, German and Japanese
- She holds the spot in the Guinness Book of World Records for best selling French-language album of all time
- She has her own magazine, called "Celine Dion Magazine".
- She is named after the song Celine, recorded by French singer Hugues Aufray.
- Celine's favorite singers are Barbra Streisand, Annie Lennox, Anita Baker, Michael Jackson, Natalie Cole, Stevie Wonder and Frank Sinatra.
Family & relationships
Jupiter Island Mansion
Celine's beach front property, the palatial Jupiter Island house in Florida is her dream house. Celine and her husband Rene built this massive $20 million house so that their family along with their big extended family can have a grandiose time with each other, without worrying about paparazzi.
The Location: This Jupiter Island house is very near to Palm Beach County, Florida.
Accommodation: This lavish estate features tropical themed architecture with balconies and wide verandas. The 9,825 square feet house boasts six luxurious bedrooms and eight bathrooms, two guest houses, and a beach-side cabana with a gym. The facilities like the beach, swimming pool, a tennis court and a lazy river in the estate allows them to have an adventure in their own backyard. The house is like an oasis for their children with a lazy river that has a slow current to carry bathers around the pool and also has an outdoor waterfall and water parks for the kids.
The Neighborhood: She is a neighbor to many of the richest celebrities, which includes golfer Tiger Woods.
Water fall exterior
Laval Estate is Celine’s French chateau style tower on her private island in Quebec. This music star also bought another house in the island for her mother, Therese Tanguay.
Accommodation: The house is two storied, and includes a beautiful garden, a sewing room, double garage and a super kitchen with an access to the solarium. The house sports Victorian style furniture in the living room and pictures on the walls with the 14 children of Celine’s mother Therese Tanguay.
The Location: Celine Dion’s Laval Estate is located in Laval, Quebec, Canada.
Notre-Dame De La Merci House
Notre-Dame De La Merci House is a country style chalet in Quebec. The ground of the house of 180 square meters extends on more than 130 meters on the banks of Lake Ouareau. Celine and her husband Rene reportedly bought this country chalet for $2 million.
The Location: The house is located in Notre Dame De La Merci, in Lanaudiere region of Quebec, Canada.
The Neighborhood: Known politicians like Monique Jerome-Forget and Andre Boisclair also own country house in this area.
Villa Montmorency Estate
Celine’s Villa Montmorency is a sought after private and 24hours guarded residential house in prestigious Montmorency area, one of most exclusive and high profile addresses in Paris. Celine and her husband purchased this luxurious estate in 2008 for an incredible 47 million Euros.
The Location: The house is located in Villa Montmorency, a gated residential area in the South West of Paris.
The Neighborhood: Other notable residents near Celine’s Villa Montmorency estates include Carla Bruni, Nicolas Sarkozy and Alain Afflelou.
Celine dion's estate
Golf Le Mirage
Celine Dion has been ranked as the third best celebrity female golfer by NBC Sports. Her passion for golf is further justified by the fact that she owns a world-class golf course, Le Mirage in Quebec, which sits right across her home.
Features: The 36-hole facility of the Le Mirage has been designed by world renowned golf architect Graham Cooke. Spread over 350 acres of land, the course is featured among the most beautiful courses of the country. The Golf Course with a handicap of 17 is rich in challenges and its six different sizes lakes decorate and add difficulties in the game. The prestigious Golf Digest magazine awarded Le Mirage a 4 Star rating considering its club facilities that includes a luxurious club house covering 35,000 square feet, a dining room with full restaurant and a spacious Pro Shop. The talk of the town is that Celine and her husband Rene, the co-owner of the property have invested $15 million dollars in the Golf Le Mirage to make it an international standard facility.
The Location: This prestigious Golf Course is located in 3737, Chemin Martin
Terrebonne in Montreal, Quebec.
Golf Le Mirage
One of the illustrious entertainers in the world, Celine Dion owns a magnificent stone mansion in Montreal, Quebec, which is located on a private island measuring around 830,000 sq ft. Custom-built in 2001, the mammoth estate with neatly all its contents is currently on sale in market for a modest $29 million.
Location: The grand estate is located in Montreal, Quebec, USA.
Accommodation: The spectacular mansion features six bedrooms, six full and three half-bathrooms, a formal dining room with capacity for 18 people, a well equipped kitchen, a wood-paneled separate games room and library, a gym and a pool area. Spread across 24,000-square-foot, the French Normandy-style estate is accessible only by means of a helicopter or gated bridge. The four-floor mansion incorporates marble floors, soaring ceilings, stone terraces and balconies overlooking the water. Other prominent features of the extravagant estate include a stone-vaulted wine cellar with a separate tasting room, and a tailored elevator to enable you to explore the enormous abode.
The master bedroom
Indoor games hall
Elegant swimming pool
Ultra rich living hall
The screen hall
French Normandy-style estate
The living hall
The dining hall
Bombardier Global Express Jet
Celine’s choice of her private jet is positively modest; Bombardier Global Express Jet matches her luxury expectations and needs of long distance travelling. Featured with luxurious cabins and air ambulance requirements, this jet is for celebs who like to fly in style, and riches like Bill Gates and Steven Spielberg owns it too. The plane can seat 10 passengers and can fly 6170 nautical miles at the speed of 564 mph; sufficient enough to cover from one part of the globe to another without refuel.
Celine Dion, one of the top celebrity golfers loves to play Golf and even got her own golf course.
She is a Shopaholic and likes to collect shoes especially, she is said to has a personal collection of more than 1000 pairs.
1995 Rolls Royce Corniche
Bill Allen designed Royal Royce Corniche, is always been the proud asset of Celine Dion. This convertible car sports ample engine power, luxury and comfort required by the celebs.
Celine Dion Foundation
Celine Dion Foundation is a non-profit organization that supports various charities and individuals, with a focus on helping children and families in need. Staff workers are voluntary; therefore 100% of the money received goes into to the funds of charity.
Cystic Fibrosis Canada
Celine Dion is associated with many charitable causes and one such cause is Cystic Fibrosis. Cystic Fibrosis Canada supports people who suffer from this fatal disease. CF is the most common fatal genetic disease affecting Canadian children and young adults. Celine Dion who herself experienced a personal tragedy in 1993, when her niece, Karine Menard, died in her arms after a lifelong battle with cystic fibrosis. Celine Dion actively participates in the campaigns for this cause and donates generously.
The celebrated singer is a self-confessed shoe-addict. Ms. Dion owns anywhere between 2000 to 3000 pairs of shoes. She has confessed that covering her soles has become an obsession to her just as drugs are to an addict. She also admits that she is very lucky to have what she possesses, having come from a very poor background where her mother struggled to 'put a bed' for her and her siblings.
There definitely is a separate room at her home to house her massive collection. And her recent $100 million contract with Caesar’s Palace based in Las Vegas will ensure that she can carry on with her love and craze. She has often expressed her gratitude to her fans for her current status, wealth and standing.
She likes to wear Louis Vuitton scarfs
Celine has sported several beautiful accessories from Bvlgari, a top Italian Jewellery brand.
Celine Dion chooses to wear "Elie Saab" when she performed at the 2011 Oscars on February 27, 2011
Celine Dion loves to wear Ray-Ban Original Wayfarer 2140 Sunglasses
Nickel Restaurants is a Canada based restaurant chain founded by Celine Dion and it also happens to be her favorite.