- Birthday30th Jan, 74
- Birth PlaceUnited Kingdom
- Marital statusMarried
- My hope is that people will be repulsed by the character's complete lack of ethics and obsession with consumerism - that's what I was saying about the difference between the character's message and the film's message.
- I do like taking stuff seriously that a lot of people look at as nonsense. I enjoy the insanity of that. And I like the commitment that is needed for that.
- I have this theory that, depending on your attitude, your life doesn't have to become this ridiculous charade that it seems so many people end up living.
- I find what I do for a living really funny. I mean, acting is kind of a hilarious thing for a grown man to call a job.
- I tend to think you're fearless when you recognize why you should be scared of things, but do them anyway.
Did you know?
- He won the Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actor, the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor and thirty other awards in 2011 for the film The Fighter in 2011.
- He is the second Batman to win an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor.
- He received his second Academy Award nomination, his first in the Best Actor category, and Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy for his role in the comedy-drama American Hustle.
- His starring role of Steven Spielberg
- He is an excellent horseman and an avid reader.
Family & relationships
1999 Mercedes C43 AMG
The name Mercedes-Benz immediately conjures up a swanky luxury dream car, but the C43 is different in that as it is valued more for its performance. This silver colored beauty borne on 17" alloy wheels has the same classy looks as other Benz's except for the twin exhausts that are edged with chrome and bears the AMG insignia. The powerful 4.3L V8 engine produces 302 hp and a torque of 302 lb/ft. The black and silver cabin boasts of exclusive, warmed, sports seats that can accommodate four persons easily. Five speed automatic transmission with anti-lock brakes and ESP stability makes it more a drivers' car.
Christian Bale drove up for BAFTA in his newly acquired Benz C43, much to the relief of his fans who were used to seeing him in his old 1995 BMW 325i. Flamboyancy has never been one of his virtues and he doesn't care to spin around in the typical 'celeb cars' though he can afford a couple of them!
Greenpeace is an independent organization tackling various issues all over the globe to make a greener and cleaner earth. It has been campaigning for cleaner oceans, air, more greenery and conservation of forests and energy since its inception in 1971. Unlike many other organizations, Greenpeace is funded by individuals and other grants, not aided by governments. In fact, Greenpeace challenges government policies that ruin the environment and its citizens. Christian bale is a staunch supporter of this organization. He has even taken personal interest in visiting the victims of the recent horrific killing in the movie theater in Colorado.
The eminent American actor, Christian Bale seems to be a great fan of Giorgio Armani brand, as he has been spotted recently in the movie "The Dark Knight Rises" dressed up in the brand’s designer clothing.
Known for its superior design and relevant themes, Giorgio Armani has become one of the strongest and most respected fashion and luxury brands in the planet. Featuring a true sense of aesthetics, beauty and luxury, the brand’s clothing is a hot favorite among the celebrities.