- Birthday22nd Jan, 65
- Birth PlaceUnited States
- Marital statusMarried
- I think that anybody that smiles automatically looks better.
- It's always refreshing to step into another time.
- I think fun is an important part of the entertainment industry, and it should be. Anybody who's not incorporating some of that into their work needs to take a break, go away, and have an attitude adjustment.
- For me, going away to work is the hardest part of my life and career.
- I don't really know how to relate to a long-term day-in day-out kind of comfortable relationship.
Did you know?
- Collects antique furniture and has a strange fetish and that she has "a thing for really high thigh-boots. I have a cool collection! I love high heels."
- She won the National Society of Film Critics and the New York Film Critics Circle awards.
- She was named ShoWests 2003 Female Star of the Year.
- She was nominated for a Golden Globe and an Academy Award for Best Actress for her performance in the 2002 film, Unfaithful.
- She was a co-recipient of the Women in Film Crystal Award honoring outstanding women in entertainment.
Family & relationships
Artists for Peace and Justice
Diane is actively involved in supporting this charity which was launched in 2009 by Paul Haggis. It supports social justice, peace and addresses poverty concerns. The charity aims to serve the backward areas of Haiti by providing basic education (they are building schools for that), healthy and nutritious food, purified drinking water and daily medical check-ups for poor children.
The actress faithfully supports this charity which helps out distressed families. Their goal is to promote strong communities, protect the environment, providing training to end hunger, poverty and encouraging self-reliance. For more than 60 years the organization has been helping families by providing permanent sources of food rather than just short term relief.
Diane has actively campaigned for Oceana. The urge to protect the world’s oceans and its natural wildlife habitats drive the NGO’s activities. Their famous marine biologists, economists and lawyers use their extensive influence to bring major policy changes by trying to reduce sea pollution which helps to arrest the decline of marine life.
Judith Leiber Channel Minaudiere
Diane flaunted this designer handbag in the 69th Annual Globe Awards. It features a rock shaped crystal pearl cabochon push -button closure. The shape resembles that of a beautiful box. The Judith Leiber nameplate has been featured inside which is completely lined with kidskin leather.
Chanel Dentelle De Camelia Diamond Cuff
Lane has a fascination for this high-end designer cuff and has donned them to the 2009 SAG Awards. The cuff consists of flower shaped diamonds combined with platinum, 22 carat gold and other precious metals.
Jimmy Choo Jag Metallic Leather Sandals
The actress was spotted wearing these designer leather sandals to the premiere of “Nights in Rodanthe” in New York City on September 2011. It features a round open toe, heels measuring 85mm along with a front cross cover strap, a sling back strap and an adjustable buckle at the ankles.
Zac Posen Resort 2008 Green Dress
Diane was photographed donning this designer green dress to the world premiere of the movie “Untraceable” on January 2008. It is a part of famous fashion designer Zac Posen’s 2008 summer collection and is a mid-length, short sleeved boat neck dress available in forest green color.