- Birthday18th Aug, 69
- Birth PlaceUnited States
- Marital statusMarried
- I've always thought of acting as more of an exercise in empathy, which is not to be confused with sympathy. You're trying to get inside a certain emotional reality or motivational reality and try to figure out what that's about so you can represent it.
- Life, like poker has an element of risk. It shouldn't be avoided. It should be faced.
- The more you can create that magic bubble, that suspension of disbelief, for a while, the better.
- The best films of any kind, narrative or documentary, provoke questions.
- I like it when the deeper you go with the character, the more you see the layers start to peel away.
Did you know?
- He He garnered a nomination for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his supporting role in the courtroom drama Primal Fear
- He earned a nomination for the Academy Award for Best Actor for his lead role as a reformed white power skinhead in American History X.
- He has English, as well as German, Irish, and Scots-Irish ancestry.
- He received a B.A. in history from Yale in 1991, but took many theater and Japanese courses as an undergraduate.
Family & relationships
BMW Hydrogen 7
Edward Norton’s passionate belief in the pressing need to save the environment from the effects of climate change led him to acquire a silver gray colored BMW Hydrogen 7 car on February 2008. The BMW Hydrogen 7 is a hybrid vehicle that is powered by a 6.0 liter V12 engine that can be powered by either petrol or hydrogen fuel. It is considered to be the world’s first production hydrogen powered car. Quite a few eminent Hollywood personalities of the likes of Brad Pitt, Cameron Diaz, Jay Leno and Will Ferrell drive the BMW Hydrogen 7 car.
Sardinia seems to be the favorite destination of Edward Norton. The American superstar is seen frequenting this Italian island. The star prefers to head to Sardinia for taking a break from his busy schedule. However, since late the popular Hollywood star has been frequenting Sardinia with his girlfriend Shauna Robertson.
Both were spotted enjoying some private moments on this extremely popular island in the western coast of Italian mainland.
Sardinia offers a perfect retreat for a budget and luxury traveler. Hotel Panorama, Mariposas, Villa Pimpina are some of the exclusive hotels in Sardinia that offer best of facilities for an avid traveler Most of these hotels not only offer exclusive sight seeing facilities but can also arrange for specialized guides who can take one on a tour of the ancient sites that are home to numerous Roman relics.
Expect standard facilities as swimming pools, gymnasium and health center in most of these hotels. Hotels in Sardinia offer the choicest cuisine of the region and one can expect Italian dishes and continental delicacies in these hotels and other eateries that line this extremely popular city on the tourist circuit in Sardinia which is known to be second largest island in Mediterranean region.
A reason apt for the American superstar to head to Sardinia to spend some private moments with his girlfriend.
Apart from taking a tour of the ancient Roman relic sites in Porto Torres and Cagliari, one can take a tour of the National Archaeological Museum that is ranked as one of the most popular in the region. Megalithic temples and prehistoric tombs are some of the other specialties in Sardinia that need to be visited, whenever one is in the region.
No wonder you might come across Edward Norton on one of your sojourn in the region.
Relaxing on the yacht
Enjoying the vacations
Norton donated a signed movie poster of “Hulk” to the foundation. The NGO is dedicated to carry on the legacy of Sean Lewis’s determination of battling sarcoma. The NGO supported by 4 well known personalities’ aims to fund research to provide cures for children and teens suffering from cancer and tries to improve their quality of life.
Friends of the High Line
The actor serves as a board member of the group. Established in 1999 the non-profit organization supported by Hillary Clinton is dedicated to the preservation of the “High Line”, a historic rail structure which was under the threat of demolition at Manhattan.
Oliver Peoples Bernardo Sunglasses
Norton was photographed wearing the trendy sunglasses. The handcrafted square shaped retro inspired glares features a polished plastic frame, keyhole nose bridge, sterling silver pin accents at the temples, mineral glass lenses and quite a few lens options. The accessory is available in many colors and offers 100% UV protection. The “Oliver Peoples” signature logo is laminated at the temple end.
Puma Clyde Jet Set
The actor donned the Puma shoes at a prestigious event. The first basketball non canvas sneakers is made with three different materials marking the shoe’s upper panel which includes the soft leather on the toe box, pebbled leather on the sides and a chain inspired design on its heels. The sports shoes are available in two bold colors.