- Birthday3rd Nov, 56
- Birth PlaceBrazil
- Marital statusDivorced
Update: Eike Batista plans to spend close to $300 million to buy back all shares in LLX Logistica.
Eike Batista is Brazil's richest man. He spent most of his childhood in Europe. He loves mining and making money. His entrepreneurial instinct and talent led him to implement the first mechanized alluvial gold mining plant in the Amazon, marking the beginning of the EBX Group. His great achievements also include creation of US$ 20 billion in value with the operation of eight gold mines in Brazil and Canada and a silver mine in Chile. He is known for his generous donations and superstition. All his companies have the letter X in their names since Batista believes that this letter draws money. He wants to be the richest men in the world by 2013. He believes in looking ahead and planning for the future. He has two main goals in his life, to become the wealthiest person on the planet and to transform Rio de Janeiro into one of the world's most dynamic cities.
- “There are three magic words I make my son repeat: discipline, discipline and discipline. I don’t want my eldest to think things are very easy [...] It’s good that they appreciate the small things or else it’s too easy. I don’t want them to think that [wealth and privileges] come from nothing.”
- "Looking for good-quality assets and attracting partners to help you add value to them is really exciting,'' Batista told the audience in Sao Paulo.
- "I think big, and I'm not afraid to take risks -- even if I'm alone,". He said this in an interview in his Rio office.
- "I'm a massive creator of wealth,'' Batista said in 2008. "I don't want to be just a paper baron. Wealth is made when you bring the investment around 360 degrees and then invest the cash again.''
- Colombia is very, very rich - it’s been rediscovered.
- You employ a lot of people - it’s taxes, it’s job creation and job preservation.
- GDP-wise, we are bigger than all the other countries together. And you know, in the last 16 years, Brazil has put its act together. This is it. Hello, time for Americans to wake up.
- I like creating ‘idiot-proof assets’ because sometimes you have idiots running them.
- I'm an efficiency warrior.
Did you know?
- He has six siblings.
- He is a half German Europe-educated Brazilian.
- He is one-time champion offshore powerboat racer.
- He has a fondness for the number 63, the Sun, and the letter X.
- His home was raided in 2008, because of the allegations of gold smuggling. He however comes clear out of it.
- He and his elder son (thor batista) loves speed and have a special liking for speed boats.
- He is known as a wild business man, sometimes classified as " adventurous".
- He likes dark suits and pink ties. He speaks his his Portuguese with the odd English phrase (“win-win situation” is a favourite).
- He is one of the few billionaires who has grown richer during the worldwide recession.
- He hooks up intravenous drips containing a cocktail of anti-ageing vitamins when conducting his meetings.
- He is fluent in German and speaks English with ease.
- He bought his first gold mine at the age of 24.
Family & relationships
Spirit of Brazil yacht
Manufactured by Italy's Ferretti Spirit, it is one of the largest yacht in the brazil. The vessel is 35 m long area equivalent to an apartment of 900 square meters. With the engine of 5100 HP, which even has a jet engine, the boat reaches 96.3 km / h.
Spirit of Brazil
Pink Fleet yacht
Eike Batista has a 180-foot cruise ship that he got built after three years of planning and $35 million of investment. The 400-passsenger yacht has been built in Germany, by the very famous Lurssen shipyard and until 2010 was used for sightseeing purpose. However since 2010, the yacht is no longer available for tourists.
Equipped with updated technology, the yacht follows ecologically approved principles, such as water-saving devices and is also wheelchair-accessible. It has four decks, namely Lagoa, Copacabana, Ipanema and Leblon. The Lagoa Deck has the Corcovado Hall, the Pão de Açúcar Hall and a restaurant. The Copacabana deck features an external bar and a dance floor. The external Ipanema deck has strategically placed tables that offer great sightseeing and the Leblon deck offers great views of the Rio de Janeiro coast and Guanabara Bay attractions. Launched with a big party at Marina da Gloria on Dec.18, 2007, Pink Fleet is also available for events.
The dining area
The upper deck
Yacht that exceed all expectation
The external bar
Embraer Legacy 600
Brazil’s richest man, Eike Batista owns the elegant aircraft “Embraer Legacy 600” which is an icon for ultimate convenience due to its exclusive interior geometry and a private and peaceful environment. It is one of the largest business jets designed for enhanced reduction of lift and drag, making travelling smooth and easier.
Interiors: Elike's super aircraft features three separate cabin zones which can accommodate up to 19 passengers. The aircraft’s interiors glitter with the comfy reclinable seat, cockpit floodlight, 17” widescreen LCD monitor, 2 DVD players and Stereo sound system with 2 subwoofers. A separate baggage compartment makes luggage handling easier while state-of-the-art connectivity system offers worldwide coverage.
Technical Specifications: The stunning aircraft is powered by two Rolls-Royce AE 3007 A1E engines developing 8,100lb and generating minimal external noise. It features a cruise speed of 850kmh and a range up to 6,020km.
Embraer Legacy 600
Citation 7Eike Batista owns this private jet as it is the fastest, comfortable,versatile,reliable and most advanced midsize business jet in the world. Its best feature is its speed of 548 mph.
Gulfstream G550It is on the top list of Eike Batista reason being, it is an amazing business jet aircraft. It carries a fantastic range of 6,750 nautical miles (12,500 km)
Speed boatingHe loves speed and is a one-time champion offshore powerboat racer.
Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren
Brazil’s richest man Eike Batista’s love for autos is not just restricted to the roads; rather, he has literally decorated the lounge of his Jardim Botanico mansion in Rio de Janeiro with his luxurious Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren, worth of $1.2 million. Parked as a show piece, this shiny silver super car is the perfect combination of style and features. Speaking of the Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren, it’s not a kind of car that is meant to keep idle as a showpiece. Rather, it’s a high performance car equipped with grand touring amenities, outrageous style, and ability to secure a primo valet spot. With the use of carbon fiber for its entire body construction, this super car turns out to be low in weight, with a total curb weight of 1,750 kg, despite of its CFRP materials.
Marina da GloriaMarina da Gloria is located in the Guanabara Bay is the main entrance of sea vessels arriving at Rio de Janeiro. It is one of the favorite holiday destination of Eike Batista.
Yacht in Marina da Gloria
Brazalian Kid's CharityIn 2009, he contributed $7mn for a children charity when madona tell her that she needs funds to start a children charity.
Rio de Janeiro's Olympic committeeHe provided finance of $12.8 million to this committee, to help the city win its bid for 2016 Olympic Games.
Eike Batista is not only Brazil's richest man but also a very noble human being. He is associated with many charity causes to help the needy and downtrodden. He is known for his generous donations and superstition as he has donated $114 million to renovate Hotel Gloria, a 1922 architectural landmark in Rio.
National parksHe has pledged to donate $5 million toward nature conservation in three national parks which would be spread over a period of ten years.
Police Pacification Unit programIt is a law enforcement program whose main aim is to reclaim territories that are controlled by gangs of drug dealers or private militias.
His rose gold Rolex watch is massive in size. The watch looks very elegant and upper-class.