- Birthday21st Feb, 87
- Birth PlaceCanada
- Marital statusSingle
- I love nicknames. It makes me feel loved. It makes me feel less alone in this world.
- I always take the time to eat well and eat locally because it's common sense.
- I grew up playing sports, but now I feel like I can't, because if I get injured, I'll impair whatever film I'm working on.
- I don't want to become unhealthily attached to what I do. I'm grateful for what I do, but I also want to be able to be OK when I'm not doing it.
- When I feel strongly about something, I'm not so quiet.
Did you know?
- She was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Actress for playing as the title character in the film, Juno.
- Her role in Juno won her more than 20 awards, including a Canadian Comedy Award, Independent Spirit Award, and Satellite Award.
- She was ranked No. 86 on FHMs 2008 Sexiest Women in the World list, and No. 93 for 2009.
- She was ranked #10 on Moviefones "The 25 Hottest Actors Under 25" in 2008.
- She has won more than 25 awards, and was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Actress, a Golden Globe Award, and a BAFTA for Juno.
Family & relationships
Food Bank For New York City
Beautiful actress Ellen Page is known not only for her beautiful smile but also for the charitable works she is associated to. She was recently spotted shooting for an ad film for the Food Bank for New York City (FBNYC) promotional campaign. She even donated an astonishing $ 35,000 to the charity last year.
FBNYC is non-profitable organization that co-ordinates with different food retailers, manufacturers, wholesalers, and government agencies for even distribution of food to the one's in need and hungry citizens of America. Stanley Tucci is one of the directors of this 29 year old running NGO.
The Lunchbox Fund
Ellen Page was spotted in the Bookfair Auction ceremony organized by The Lunchbox Fund last year. Other beautiful faces like Piper Perabo, Eva Mendes, etc. were also spotted.
The Lunchbox Fund was founded in the year 2005. The main objective of this NGO is to provide daily meal to disadvantaged and at-risk students who study in South African township high schools.
US Campaign for Burma
Ellen Page worked in a documentary film for the US Campaign for Burma (USCB) NGO. The organization was established in 2003 with one sole purpose: to help the residents of Burma achieve piece, freedom, democracy, and human rights. The working campaign of USCB has been featured in CNN, Washington Post, Foreign Policy, New York Times, and BBC
Bed Stu ‘Tabor’ Lace-Up Boot
When The East premiered at the Eccles Center Theatre in January 2013, Ellen Page turned up being dressed super chic in black with lace-up boots from Bed Stu. Handcrafted completely from natural materials, the vintage leather boots arrive with a rustic cap-toe, slanted side zippers and an 8-inch boot shaft.
Ray-Ban RB4140 Sunglasses
The observation that almost every celebrity owns a Ray-Ban sunglasses is further strengthened by the fact that Ellen Page too wears the iconic Wayfarer sunglasses from the brand. The RB4140 is a latest model, with trendy lines, spring hinges and a smaller rounded eye shape.
Keep Company ‘the Ramos’ Sneakers
Walking with a friend against the backdrop of a parking lot, Ellen Page wore the 'Ramos' sneakers from Keep Company. These sneakers come in a clean, classic and crisp design and are meant for women mainly though some varieties from the brand are unisex too. Issac Ramos, the chief designer for the brand believes in simplicity and flair.
Miu Miu Taffeta Strapless Dress
At the premiere for Whip It, Ellen Page wore a black strapless taffeta dress from Miu Miu. This classic dress arrives with a flirty swing skirt and has been fitted for those a bit small in the bust area. The dress is from the affordable, daily-oriented line, from Prada.