- Birthday11th Oct, 76
- Birth PlaceUnited States
- Marital statusMarried
- I really like being pregnant. Not that there aren't things I don't love, but when I think about what my body is doing - creating a child - it just blows my mind. I'm in awe of the process and science.
- I've been vegan for 15 years, and it turns out it makes a very big impact on the environment to eat fewer animal products, which cause more greenhouse gases than all of transportation combined.
- It makes a big difference to recycle. It makes a big difference to use recycled products. It makes a big difference to reuse things, to not use the paper cup - and each time you do, that's a victory.
- I'm definitely a people person. I love socializing and being around people and having a good conversation.
- For me, it always has to be about health. That's why I'm a vegan. Well, I don't even do that for my health entirely, I do it for animals.
Did you know?
- She was named one of "six actresses to watch" by Interview Magazine in 2004.
- She received a 2006 Satellite Award nomination and a 2007 Teen Choice Award nomination her performance the role of Dr. Temperance Brennan on Foxs Bones.
- She ranked #72 in The 2012 Hot 100 on AfterEllen.
- She is a vegan and a committed supporter of animal rights causes.
Family & relationships
Emily loves to embark on long drives in her silver gray colored Toyota Prius. The hybrid vehicle can be powered by an electric motor in conjunction with a conventional petrol engine. The 1800cc 2ZR-FXE petrol engine provides 98HP of power to go with 105 lb-ft of torque and the electrical motor provides an output of 35HP resulting in a total power of 135HP. Luxury features include keyless ignition and entry, automatic climate control, a solar-powered ventilation system, heated front seats, iPod integration, USB connectivity, head-up display and adaptive cruise control.
Deschanel has participated in many awareness campaigns organized by this NGO. The foundation is dedicated to address the issues pertaining to the ever expanding area of child and family safety concerns. Their main mission is to prevent child abduction and molestation.
The actress has campaigned a lot for this NGO. Established in 1980 it believes in establishing the rights of all animals for the fact that animals should not be eaten, worn, or be misused to conduct cruel medical experiments. It promotes the humane treatment of animals and encourages better human behavior towards them.
Stand Up To Cancer
The television personality has participated in several fundraising events for this charity. Established in May 2008 the non-profit organization aims in raising appropriate funds for scientists and cancer researches to further their common goal to discover a cure for the dreaded disease of cancer.
Sea Shepherd Conservation Society
Emily has donated a lot of money to this charity. The main goal of this NGO is to eliminate unlawful habitat destruction, shark finning, poaching and the violations of the established rules and regulations that are in force in the world's oceans.
Tuleh Autum Gold Floral Dress
It was a real pleasure and delight to look at Emily in a gold floral dress, posing in front of large cabinets on a black, shiny floor at a benefit organized by Vanity and Cotton for The Humane Society. She literally floored everyone with the dress from Tuleh. Clothes from Tuleh carry a southern Gothic feel with a sophistication which is often missing from American clothing.
Stella McCartney Point Toe Platform Satin Pumps
When she had to go out for an event, actress Emily Deschanel chose the satin pumps from Stella McCartney to cover her soles. The black pumps are unique in the sense that they look hot and cool at the same time. The pumps have been designed by the English-born fashion designer, the daughter of former Beatles member, Paul McCartney. They come with a 10 cm heel and graduated pumps.
Max Azria Atelier One-Shouldered Purple Gown
Ms.Deschanel opted for a bold color and a bold look for the Primetime Emmy Awards 2010 when she wore the one-shouldered purple gown from Max Azria. Cinched at the waist, the gown features dramatic pleats which are arranged vertically in asymmetrical layers. The dress is masterpiece from the Tunisian-descent fashion designer Max Azria. He has been running this mid-scale clothing line BCBG, for women, since 1989.
Bulgari Parentesi Diamonds Bangle
The 2012 Golden Globe Awards saw Ms.Emily Deschanel dressed in flowing blues adorning her wrist with a diamond-studded bangle. The piece is made of white gold studded with diamonds and arrives from Italian luxury goods retailer and jeweler, Bulgari. The name has been converted into a brand spelt as Bvlgari in medieval Roman style. The brand today has diversified into watches, fragrances, handbags and hotels as well.
Isabella Oliver Gathered Detail Maxi Dress
It is no surprise that the actress Emily Deschanel wore a gathered detail, black maxi dress to hide her baby hump as she struck a pose in front of the HBO ad board. The dress has been specifically designed as a maternity dress with the signature jersey from Isabella Oliver. A low V neck at the back along with the gathered detail at the bust makes Emily look sleek, smart and sexy, if one has to use adjectives with the letter S! It is an all-weather dress from designer Isabella Oliver.
Oliver Peoples by Zooey Deschanel Tiger Stripe Havana Sunglasses
On a hot summer day, as she took a walk outdoors, Emily chose to cool and shade her eyes with the Tiger-stripe Havana sunglasses from Oliver Peoples. The bromide-colored tinted glasses come from Los Angeles based retailed and eye-wear maker of the same name. The specialty of the designs is that they are all retro and bring out the point that in fashion too, old is gold. Currently, the brand is owned by Luxottica.