- Birthday9th Sep, 60
- Birth PlaceUnited Kingdom
- Marital statusDivorced
- Strangely enough I'm better on a stage. I love that I feel like I blossom in front of a whole bunch of people.
- And film acting is incredibly tedious, just by its nature. It's incredibly, mind numbingly slow.
- I don't have any particular burning desire to go back to being cuddly. Not really.
- I think maybe in a way it gets worse because you come in with a real reputation and they've paid you lots of money and all that.
- When I think about actors I know, I'd much rather hear about who they're shagging than what film they're doing next.
Did you know?
- He won Golden Globe Award for Best Actor - Motion Picture Musical or Comedy and a BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role for his role in Four Weddings and a Funeral.
- He was voted fourth in the Orange 2001 Film Survey of Greatest British film actors.
- He was chosen #43 by Empire magazine as one of the 100 Sexiest Stars in film history in 1995.
- He was referred by Vogue magazine as a man with a "professionally misanthropic mystique."
- He is cited as an anti-film star who approaches his roles like a character actor, and attempts to make his acting appear spontaneous.
Family & relationships
Hollywood actor Hugh Grant was spotted speeding through the rolling hills in France in the Ferrari California that he bought on his 50th birthday. However, Mr. Grant was lucky enough not to get caught while speeding around 124 mph in a 70 mph zone. Well, a Hollywood celebrity of Mr. Grant's status definitely enjoys some special privileges. The Ferrari California is definitely a cool and stylish customer.
However, one must drive it through long highways to feel the fun. The experience can be quite thrilling while driving through a highway and exceeding the 190 mph speed limit but the traction control and auto-brake assist allows for greater safety and never let the car go out of control. Truly the dream car to own! The roadster might have a busy-looking outlook but there's a cool and polished interior that promises the very best of luxury. Starting at a base price around £152,116, the Ferrari California with a top speed of 193 mph has the capability to reach 62mpg mark from drop zero in just 3.8 seconds.The car is fitted with a 4.3 L Convertible 2d V8 engine that features a displacement capacity of 4300cc with 100% automatic transmission.
Andy Warhol's Elizabeth Taylor painting
Actor Hugh Grant auctioned off a portrait of Hollywood icon Elizabeth Taylor in an auction conducted by Christie’s in New York City on 14th November 2007. The Liz Taylor portrait was sold off to actor Hugh Grant for $23.7 million, which was much lower than its estimated $35 million price tag. Interestingly, the artwork was originally acquired at a price of $3.6 million during an auction organized by Sotheby’s of New York City in the year 2001. The portrait was composed by noted American artist Andy Warhol in 1963 who christened it as ““Liz (Colored Liz)”. Interestingly, the actor was punch drunk at the time he first bid for the painting and had little idea about its value.