- Birthday9th Apr, 26
- Birth PlaceUnited States
- Marital statusMarried
- Life is too short to be living somebody else's dream.
- The major civilizing force in the world is not religion, it is sex.
- In my wildest dreams, I could not have imagined a sweeter life.
- The interesting thing is how one guy, through living out his own fantasies, is living out the fantasies of so many other people.
- I have no plans to retire. It's the perfect combination of work and play that keeps you young. If I quit work it would be the beginning of the end for me.
Did you know?
- He is creator and publisher of Playboy Magazine.
- He worked on the publishing staff of "Child Life" magazine.
- He has served in the U.S. Army in WWII after graduating from Steinmetz H.S. in Chicago, IL in 1944.
- He is of German and English ancestry and of Swedish descent.
- He has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for television and has made several movie appearances as himself.
Family & relationships
Renowned as the swingingest guy on the planet, the Playboy emperor and American magazine publisher Hugh Hefner added another beautiful woman to his list of wives and live-in partners. It was in 2010 that his divorce with Kimberly Conrad was finalized. Immediately after that, he got engaged to glamour model and singer, Crystal Harris in December 2010. However, she had called off the wedding, days before the ceremony in June 2011. The reconciliation came a year later with Hefner accepting Crystal's apology and the wedding finally took place as a small ceremony in Playboy mansion on New Year's eve.
Instead of the traditional lingerie shower that celebrity brides enjoy, Crystal had a bachelorette party with Disney-themed bridal shower. Though she had auctioned away the older, 3.39-carat circular-cut diamond ring worth about $90,000, the 86-year-old young-at-heart Hefner gifted her yet another for the nuptials. The bride wore a short black dress before changing into a pearly white wedding gown while Mr.Hefner donned a complete black suit with a bow. The entire Playboy mansion had been donned with flowers. Though, it is Hefner's third marriage, it is a first for Crystal.