- Birthday18th Oct, 60
- Birth PlaceBelgium
- Marital statusMarried
- You know, I looked at my face in the mirror this morning, and I like being old. My face has more content and when I train in the gym now, I am not training to be strong or handsome - just better than I was yesterday. These days the race is just against myself.
- I'm one of the most sensitive human beings on Earth - and I know it.
- God gave me a great body and it's my duty to take care of my physical temple.
- Believe me - I've done very good stuff and very crazy stuff, and I don't regret the crazy stuff.
- I now truly believe it is impossible for me to make a bad movie.
Did you know?
- He learned to speak English by watching the cartoon "The Flintstones".
- He studied classical ballet for five years.
- His worked in Hollywood included delivering pizza, driving a taxi, and acting as a bouncer at Woodys World, a club owned by Chuck Norris in Newport Beach prior to becoming an actor.
- He has an impressive kickboxing record of 18-1-0, with 18 wins by knockout.
Family & relationships
Jean-Claude Van Damme purchased a fully furnished seaside home valued at $6 million in July 2012. The actor paid $150,000 more than the initial listed price of $5.85 million to acquire the property for reasons not known yet. Offers marvelous views of the Pacific Ocean, the home will now serve as the permanent residence of the actor and his family members, including his wife, actress Gladys Portugues and the couple’s two children.
Location: Van Damme’s new property is situated in the upmarket Silver Strand neighborhood in the Marina Del Rey area of Los Angeles Count, California.
Accommodation: The mega mansion is spread over four stories and covers a total living space of 7,575 square feet. The living quarters consist of six bedrooms, living room, eight bathrooms, dining area, a big office, study, and a modern kitchen fitted with state-of-the-art electronic appliances.
Features: The house boasts of several luxury add-ons. The entire home has been furnished using expensive modern furniture. Some superb decorative items adorning the villa include a water feature situated in the living room and eight stone fireplaces. The bar has been equipped with a selection of some of the most expensive wines in the world. The fitness obsesses actor has ensured that the in-house gymnasium has been fitted with some of the most expensive fitness equipment in the world.
Further, a commercial elevator services all the floors of the home and the 3D theater comes equipped with a HiFi wireless home music Sono system. There is also a billiards room and a common recreational area. The rooftop houses an organic garden along with a swim jet hydro spa, waterfalls and fire pits. A security team provides round the clock protection.