- Birthday21st Sep, 80
- Birth PlaceIndia
- Marital statusSingle
- Life is full of happiness and tears; be strong and have faith.
- I am not a home breaker and I can never be. I haven't been brought up to create havoc in other people's homes.
- I do my own thing. And I believe what I do is the right thing.
- I believe in the institution of marriage and it's like a tag to cement the relationship for your friends, family and public.
- Actors are greedy. They can never be satisfied. I want praise as well as box office returns.
Did you know?
- She received the Filmfare Award for Best Actress for her performance in the 2007 romantic comedy Jab We Met.
- Her performance in the war drama Refugee earned her the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut.
- She received her second Filmfare nomination for the role—her first for Best Supporting Actress—as well as nominations at the International Indian Academy (IIFA) and Screen Awards for her role in in the melodrama Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham in 2001.
- She was listed as number 6 of "Top Bollywood Actresses" of 2006.
- She was described as "Indias Most Beautiful Woman" by People Eastern Eye and Maxim named her as "Asias Sexiest Woman" and "India's Hottest Woman" in 2011 and 2012 respectively.
Family & relationships
Lexus LX 470
Costing over 36 lakhs in Indian rupees, the LX470 from Lexus is a kind of pioneer in India when it comes to luxury SUVs. And many among the rich have fallen in love with it. Bollywood diva Kareena Kapoor is one among those owning thisoff-road vehicle. The short, stylish grille between the powerful dual headlamps and the body-on-frame construction give it a panache while the twin front bucket seats and two 3-seater benches offer a luxurious travel for eight. The 4-wheel drive packs a punch under its hood with a 4.7-liter V-8 engine capable of 275 hp and 332 pounds-feet of torque mated to a 5-speed transmission.
In what could be considered as one of Bollywood's most awaited betrothals, actor Saif Ali Khan wedded the charismatic Kareena Kapoor on the 16th of October 2012. It was a simple registry marriage which was followed by an evening of 'Nikah' or the Muslim traditional marriage. Unlike Hollywood, Bollywood offers its heroes an almost-God status and thus, it was no surprise that the Nikah ceremony had scores of guests attending and hundreds of fans waiting. While the registry was done at the Bandra residence of the actor, the Nikah was held at the traditional Pataudi home in Haryana.
Raghuvendra Rathore designed the achkan for Saif Ali Khan while designer Ritu Kumar designed the traditional sharara for Kareena. The night previous to the marriage, the actor hosted a party at the Taj Hotel in Mumbai for close friends and family. He appeared in a suit and bow tie. A host of stars from Bollywood were present. This included sister-of-the-bride Karishma Kapoor, Amrita Arora, Neetu Singh, Sonam Kapoor, Gauri Khan, Alvira Agnihotri, Preity Zinta and Shweta Nanda.
Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan
Kareena's father and sister
Saree Auction for charity
Heroine was a Bollywood movie that hit theaters in September 2012. Even before the release, Kareena Kapoor's item number for the song Halkat Jawani had the crowds going gaga. The actress auctioned the 'hot' saree that she wore for the song, with all the proceeds going for charity. The special costume saree was designed by ace fashion designer Manish Malhotra who created waves for the same at the Mumbai Fashion Week. The 'half' saree is bright pink with a black sexy-looking blouse. The actress accessorized with electric blue bangles for the song.
Wildfox Couture Red Sparkle Heart Baggy Beach Jumper
The Bollywood heartthrob, Kareena Kapoor, was sighted at the Mumbai airport with hubby, Saif Ali Khan, sporting the red-sparkle heart baggy from Wildfox Coutre. This classic fleece sweatshirt arrives with seam details on the sleeves, cuffs, waistband, ribbed neckline and, of course, a big heart across the chest!
DKNY Short Sleeve Striped Stretch Silk Dress
Kareena Kapoor struck a pose for the cameras donning the striped stretch silk dress from DKNY. Donna Karan's famous label from New York seems to have made it big even in India with these trend-perfect stripes in a fiery hue. The dress comes with an unlined keyhole, a covered back-button closure, side-on seam pockets and a bateau neckline.
Yves Saint Laurent Satin X Front Shoes
When Sony Vaio chose Kareena Kapoor as its face for the new E-series laptop, she chose the Satin X front shoes from Yves Saint Laurent. The black shoes with a seductive peep-toe and a small button fastening on the ankle has a high heel. It is from the luxury fashion house founded by Saint Laurent and partner, Pierre Bergé.