- Birthday5th Oct, 75
- Birth PlaceUnited Kingdom
- Marital statusDivorced
- The good and bad things are what form us as people... change makes us grow.
- Plastic surgery and breast implants are fine for people who want that, if it makes them feel better about who they are. But, it makes these people, actors especially, fantasy figures for a fantasy world. Acting is about being real being honest.
- I never had a desire to be famous... I was fat. I didn't know any fat famous actresses... You know, once a fat kid, always a fat kid. Because you always think that you just look a little bit wrong or a little bit different from everyone else. And I still sort of have that.
- I love the routine. I love getting up in the morning and getting breakfast and packing lunches and doing the school run. Those things are really important to me. Because I think that those small but key moments are crucial for a kid.
- I was a wayward child, very passionate and very determined. If I made up my mind to do something, there was no stopping me.
Did you know?
- . She was the youngest person to acquire six Academy Award nominations, and won the Academy Award for Best Actress for The Reader in 2008.
- She is one of the few actresses to have won three of the four major American entertainment awards (EGOT), with her Oscar, Emmy and Grammy wins.
- She was awarded a Grammy Award for Best Spoken Word Album for Children in 2000.
- She was selected for a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2012 receiving the star at 6262 Hollywood Blvd.
- She received the Los Angeles Film Critics Association Award for Best Supporting Actress for Iris in 2001 and the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role for Sense and Sensibility and The Reader.
Family & relationships
Noted for being the youngest person to accrue six Academy Award nominations, the American actress and singer Kate Winslet got lucky for the third time to lead a happily married life. As the Titanic actress tied the knot in a secret wedding ceremony to her 34-year-old fiancé, businessman Ned Rocknroll, who's the nephew of Richard Branson. Even the couple’s parents were not aware of their secret nuptials. The 37-year-old bride was accompanied to the altar by her close friend and Titanic co-star Leonardo DiCaprio. The intimate ceremony was held in New York in December 2012, surrounded by the couple’s close family members and friends.
Kate’s wedding band has been designed by her friend and famous jeweler Charles Goode. The marriage was attended by the actress's kids from her earlier marriages, Mia and Joe. Ned's brother Jack acted as his best man. The pair started romancing each other since the fall of 2011 and secretly got engaged in the summer of 2012. Ned is the son of entrepreneur Richard Branson's sister and works for his famous billionaire uncle. This is reportedly Ned’s second marriage since he was once married to heiress Eliza Pearson. Unfortunately Rocknroll’s first marriage ended in divorce within two years. The happy couple had already purchased a 15th century mansion in Britain in September 2012 for the purpose of setting up their family home.
In between her roles as cameo on Top Chef and on HBO's Mildred Pierce, Kate Winslet took a vacation in Peurto Vallarta, Mexico after attending the Oscar ceremony. She was spotted enjoying a boat ride in the ocean in her bikini, along with her children. There was also a special moment when she stretched out her arms in a Titanic-reminiscent moment. It is rumored that the vacation was also her way of relaxing after her split with Sam Mendes.
Location: Peurto Vallarta is a Mexican seaside resort city located in the Pacific Ocean. It lies in the bay muncipality, Bahía de Banderas (the Bay of Flags), in the state of Jalisco. Those trying to locate it on the map would find it in the co-ordinates 20°40′N 105°16′W.
Accommodation: Peurto Vallarta is younger and smaller than the famous Acapulco beach but has been more commercially exploited. Mariott has its CasaMagna hotel here. The other hotels available here are Velas Vallarta Suite resort, Casa Velas and Villa Premiere. Golden Crown Paradise is an adults-only accommodation here. Those looking for economy accommodation can avail the same through many inns and hostels located here. The Vallarta Sun hostel, Oasis hotel and Bed & Pizza are neat and economical places to stay.
Main attractions: It becomes difficult to list main attractions in a place like this. One could go snorkeling, scuba diving or simply strolling on the beach. Those who love to travel can rent a car or spend a bit more and rent a cruise in the night. There are dozens of night clubs to dance the night away and wonderful Mexican restaurants. There are also jungles and woodlands to be explored. Shopping is also an attraction here.
Winslet has donated a whopping amount of money to support this charity “Beat” which is a UK based non-profitable organization campaigning for better treatment, support and encouragement for anybody diagnosed with eating disorders and diseases like anorexia. Their main motto is to change the perception of the common people and their way of thinking by talking about Anorexia.
The actress is the brand ambassador of this charity and has shown her support by auctioning off her designer gown and donating the proceeds to them. It is UK's only non-profitable organization for homeless people and their main aim is to support those who are at the risk of being homeless through their plays and theater activities.
Golden Hat Foundation
Kate founded this charity while filming her documentary “A Mother's Courage:Talking back to Autism”. The main objective is to support people suffering from Autism by sponsoring their educational needs and giving stability to their relationships.
Fred Leighton Jewelry
At the 69th Golden Globe Awards. Ms. Winslet wore a large, citrine, 18k gold bracelet from Fred Leighton. The circa 1940 bracelet arrives from a brand that prides itself on its vintage jewelry collections.
Christian Louboutin Sashita Clutch
At the world premiere of Titanic in 3D, the heroine, Kate Winslet carried a satin clutch with an asymmetrical flap to fold over. This clutch comes from the house of Christian Louboutin which has grown a lot from the French shoe brand it started off with.
Zac Posen Resort 2008 Black Mermaid Gown
For the BAFTA awards ceremony in London, Kate was in a simple yet elegant mermaid gown from Zac Posen. Produced from the Tribeca studio of New Yorker, Zac Posen, with its straps above and pleats below seems so timeless in its design.
Louis Vuitton Cabas Mezzo Bag
Walking on the pavements casually, window shopping, Kate Winslet was spotted carrying a canvas, dual-handle tote from Louis Vuitton. The luxury French leather goods and fashion brand gels well with another big brand!
Yves Saint Laurent Palais Peep-Toe Platform Pumps
During the 68th Venice Film Festival which was held at Palazzo del Cinema in Venice, Ms.Winslet was spotted wearing peep toe pumps with a high platform front from Yves Saint Laurent. The luxury fashion house must be definitely thrilled with this fan!