- Birthday18th Dec, 43
- Birth PlaceUnited Kingdom
- Marital statusSingle
Keith Richards is the man behind the very famous, “The Rolling stones” rock band. He was one of the lead guitarists of the band and also acted as the songwriter. Richards developed a passion for singing as a child. He devoted much of his time to learning to play his guitar and teaching songs to himself. He was greatly inspired by the work of American rock 'n' roll great Chuck Berry. His rekindled friendship with Mick Jagger and a mutual love of American blues led to the formation, in 1962, of a band called the Rolling Stones. Richard had developed a serious drug habit. Despite his struggles, Richards was able to get back to making music. Richards’s edgy guitar style set the band apart and gradually he even stepped into singing songs. Keith was at the forefront of a gathering cloud of controversy, which began with a 1967 arrest on trumped-up drug charges. . He worked out a plea bargain that included a benefit show for the Canadian National Institute for the Blind, and he was then allowed to enter the United States for drug treatment. Richard is living a carefree life and he says that, "To me, the main thing about living on this planet is to know who the hell you are and be real about it. That's the reason I'm still alive."
- “I've never had a problem with drugs. I've had problems with the police.”
- “If you're going to kick authority in the teeth, you might as well use two feet.”
- “Some people think I'm a mythical genius, others think I'm a junkie madman.”
- “Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.”
- “Why would you want to be anything else if you're Mick Jagger?”
- “The rock's easy, but the roll is another thing...”
- “Its called a playground, but its nearer to a battlefield. It can be brutal”
- “The king is the man who can.”
- I have no idea what the audience makes of me.
- “It's really good to be here and as I always say, it's really good to be anywhere!”
- “Whatever side I take, I know well that I will be blamed.”
- I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous.
- “You can't always get what you want, but if you really need something, you usually find it.”
- You've got the sun, you've got the moon, and you've got the Rolling Stones.
- “You've got the sun, you've got the moon, and you've got the Rolling Stones”
- I only get ill when I give up drugs.
- “I never thought I was wasted, but I probably was”
Did you know?
- He is also known for his nick names Keef and The Human Riff .
- He was voted the 10th greatest guitarist of all time by Rolling Stone Magazine.
- Since 1970 Keith Richards has worn a skull ring on the third finger of his right hand.
- He has a granddaughter named Ella Rose Richards.
- Keith Richards wants to open a guitar museum.
- Keith Richards slept only two nights a week for many years.
- Keith Richards started listening to music at age 3.
- In his struggling life he has shared a flat with Jagger and Brian Jones.
- He has insured his hands for $1.6 Million
Family & relationships
Redlands MansionRichard bought the Redlands mansion in 1966 after he won tremendous fame with the Rolling Stones. The main reason behind choosing this house was that he always wanted the path to move beside his home in West Sussex so that the walkers could see straight in to his garden.
Keith Richards favorite hobby is dog walking. He enjoys nothing more than taking the family pet out for some exercise.
Playing guitar has always been an obsession of Keith Richards. His mother bought his first guitar. Chuck Berry has always been an inspiration for Richards.