Kim Dotcom’s $24 million Rental Mansion is the most expensive private home in New Zealand
Teenage internet tycoon of the 1990s, Kim Dotcom, born as Kim Schmitz, who was also recently indicted by the U.S. government over making more than $175 million by infringing copyrighted content without authorization on his online file-sharing website Megaupload.com, which was at one time the 13th biggest website on the internet, is all set to launch the new version of Megaupload. The site made money by charging customers for premium accounts. Even though Kim was briefly thrown in jail, the Megaupload founder has no intention of quitting the online marketplace. The German National (6’.6” tall and weighing 130 kg) leads a flamboyant lifestyle, with a net worth of $200 million. His flair for the grandiose knows no boundaries, as this megalomaniacal, paranoid, model-obsessed, most wanted man on the net enjoys driving fast cars worth $4.8 million with exceptional license number plates bearing GUILTY, MAFIA and STONED, to name a few, and living in a sprawling, manicured fortress, the Dotcom mansion which is the most expensive private home in New Zealand.
Notably, the imposing stone walls and labyrinthine grounds were no restraint to the NZ Special Forces which raided the Dotcom’s mansion, after arriving in assault helicopters, automatic weapons, sledgehammers, and even a circular chainsaw, all with the sole intention to arrest the multi-millionaire who enjoyed his wealth spending his money on top models, fast cars and expensive boats. The Megaupload case has opened many peoples eyes to the injustice dealt out to him by US authorities. The self-dubbed Freedom Fighter says he can’t be held responsible for users who acted illegally by uploading copyrighted content on Megaupload. The site complied with copyrights by removing links to pirated material when notified.
Notably, his over-the-top $24 million mansion which is also available for rent at price of $24,000 a month, becoming one of the most expensive rental home, comes equipped with all the amenities this ‘Germany’s most notorious hacker’ who legally changed his last name to pay homage to the WWW technology that made him a millionaire.
Here are some of the details of the New Zealand’s most expensive home, the Dotcom mansion, which truly reflects the eccentricity of the net-pirate.
The 2,300 square meter estate is located in Coatesville, 15 miles northwest of New Zealand’s largest city, Auckland.
1. Kim Dotcom’s lavish mansion boasts a number of lavish bedrooms featured with the world’s most exclusive bed by Hästens, the Swedish luxury beds manufacturer renowned for its hand-crafted beds which takes around 140-160 hours to produce, and are used by superstars like Tom Cruise, and featured in the Hazelton Hotel in Toronto on the request of a discerning guest.
Notably, Kim has three such beds, one of which faces a series of monitors, hard-drives and piles of wire and is flanked in either side by lamps that look like chromed AK-47s.
2. The mansion boasts chrome industrial-park letters spelling out ‘dotcom mansion’ across the gatehouse in blue back-lighting, along with giant wild roaming giraffe statues.
3. The mansion which looks like a world-class golf-course with clipped lawns and staff moving in golf carts, has been extensively guarded by a security outhouse and surveillance cameras.
4. Since taking up residence in New Zealand, Dotom ordered $3.2 million renovation to the estate, which includes a heated lap pool with underwater speakers, imported spring water, and custom ladder.
Dotcom’s Flamboyant Lifestyle Highlights
1. Renowned for his life spent around lavish home, fast cars, hot girls, super yachts and amazing parties, Dotcom also claims to be the world’s top player of video game ‘Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3”.
2. Dotcom spent NZ$500,000 for a 2010 New Year’s Eve fireworks display over Auckland.
3. At the same time this multi-millionaire is also generous to many charities and good causes.
4. After the arrest of Dotcom who personally made around $115,000 a day during 2010 from his empire, the NZ Special Forces seized nearly 20 super luxury cars, one of them a pink Cadillac, along with expensive art work and NZ$10 million invested in local finance companies.
5. Reportedly, there’s an online video which shows Dotcom surrounded by topless women and men spraying champagne on board a superyacht during a “crazy weekend” in Monaco that cost a reported $10 million.
Notably, Dotcom now will come up with his new online service dubbed as ‘Mega’ which will be a raid-proof version of its predecessor.