- Birthday11th Nov, 74
- Birth PlaceUnited States
- Marital statusSingle
- “To believe in love, to be ready to give up anything for it, to be willing to risk your life for it, is the ultimate tragedy.”
- “Love at first sight? I absolutely believe in it! You've got to keep the faith. Who doesn't like the idea that you could see someone tomorrow and she could be the love of your life? It's very romantic.”
- “Most of the time I do feel like I need someone else when I'm alone. But I can still get by with just my own company and that makes me a stronger person.”
- “I get a friend to travel with me... I need somebody to bring me back to who I am. It's hard to be alone.”
- I don't see why I can't have friends of both sexes without wild rumors being circulated. It's crazy.
- I got attention by being funny at school, pretending to be retarded, and jumping around with a deformed hand.
- I prefer ordinary girls - you know, college students, waitresses, that sort of thing. Most of the girls I go out with are just good friends. Just because I go out to the cinema with a girl, it doesn't mean we are dating.
- “The best thing about acting is that I get to lose myself in another character and actually get paid for it... It's a great outlet. I'm not really sure who I am-it seems I change every day.”
- “Anyone I'm with has to give me freedom. I like to be with someone who has character and style and someone who is very understanding.”
- I'm not the kind of person who tries to be cool or trendy, I'm definitely an individual.
- I'm just starting to scratch the surface of what really makes me happy and it's taken me a while to admit that acting like a little child and being a jerk and a punk is fun.
- I want to be a jerk like the rest of my friends, and have fun, and not care about the consequences, but I just can't now.
- I like to be able to play a character and act out a lot of things which I can't or don't do in my normal everyday life.
- “Everywhere I go, somebody is staring at me, I don't know if people are staring because they recognize me or because they think I'm a weirdo.”
- “Portraying emotionally ill characters gives me the chance to really act.”
- “It's a tough thing-you get in a situation where you feel you have to be perfect all the time and it sucks.”
- “The main thing for me is to just live life with my family and friends. They treat me like Leo, not like 'Leonardo, Master Thespian.' That's all I need to keep my sanity.”
- “The first kiss I had was the most disgusting thing in my life. The girl injected about a pound of saliva, into my mouth, and when I walked away I had to spit it all out.”
- “With Romeo and Juliet, you're talking about two people who meet one night, and get married the same night. I believe in love at first sight-but it hasn't happened to me yet.”
- “Being dubbed as a hunk sort of annoys me. It gives me a yucky feeling.”
- “If I want to go to a party with a few male friends, it doesn't mean I'm gay...”
- “I like doing things that scare me. I went bungee jumping, but sky diving is just the sickest thing.”
Did you know?
- Some favorite movies of Leonardo includes: “The Bicycle Thief” (1948), “Taxi Driver” (1976), “Lawrence of Arabia” (1962), “8½” (1963), “The Third Man” (1949), “Yojimbo” (1961), “Sunset Blvd.” (1950), “The Shining” (1980), “Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory” (1971) and “East of Eden” (1955) as he described in a interview In 2006 in "The Independent"
- Academy Award Winner actress Kate Winslet considers "Leonardo" the best actor of his generation.
- He has worked with numerous Academy Award winning and acclaimed directors like : Martin Scorsese, Woody Allen, Steven Spielberg, Clint Eastwood, Ridley Scott, James Cameron, Christopher Nolan, Sam Mendes, Danny Boyle and Sam Raimi.
- Bought Kate Winslet an inscribed gold ring, after they finished filming Revolutionary Road (2008) together. The inscription, however, Winslet keeps a secret.
- His favorite actress of all time is Meryl Streep.
- Has a Dutch song about him called "Ik ben verliefd op Leonardo DiCaprio/I'm in love with Leonardo DiCaprio" by Flemish girl band K3 (Kathleen Aerts, Karen Damen and Kristel Verbeke).
- Robert De Niro and Jack Nicholson are his favorite actors.
- Has said his two favorite performances are Robert De Niro's Travis Bickle in Taxi Driver (1976) and James Dean's Cal Trask in East of Eden (1955).
- Martin Scorsese is his favorite director.
Family & relationships
Carbon beach house, Malibu
Update: Recently Leonardo DiCaprio lists his malibu property at $23 million.
Leonardo DiCaprio is renting out this beachfront luxury property for a fancy sum of $150,000 per month. However for those who want to rent the house for more than 6 months, the rental would be halved to a more generous $75,000 per month. The Titanic star bought this house in 2002 for $6 million. The estate is amongst the three ocean front properties owned by the Leonardo in the same area.
Location: The property is located on Carbon Beach in Malibu.
Features : The Cape Cod-inspired house is spread across 2,633 square-foot and features seven bedrooms, six bathrooms and a gym. The recently renovated property is conveniently divided into four-bedroom main house on the ocean side and a two-bedroom guest house, a beach-front deck, a fire pit, gardens and lawn on the less-than-half-acre lot.
Neighborhood: Malibu is one of the favorite holiday destinations for the rich and famous hence many celebrities owns houses in Malibu. Stars like Brad Pitt,Tony Danza and Charlize Theron also has holiday homes in Malibu.
Beach party house
Space for party and get together
The beachfront garden
The kitchen hall
The spacious living room
The beautiful master bedroom
Amazing view from balcony
The screen hall
Hollywood Hills home
Location: Leonardo DiCaprio owns two adjacent houses on Oriole Way in the Bird Street section of the Hollywood Hills.
Leo purchased this home in 1999 for $4 million. The house is spread in the area of 4,551-square-foot and was once rented to his actor friend Tobey Maguire. DiCaprio is a supporter of eco-friendly homes and therefore uses sun as his primary source of energy. He has installed large solar panels and uses organic sheets for his bed. The gated property also has city views and was originally built in 1930s, later it was remodeled.
Neighborhood: Hollywood Hills is host to many famous names and one such name is Justin Timberlake who also owns a home in the same location.
Location: The house is located on Oriole Way in the Bird Street section of the Hollywood Hills. He owns two houses in the same locality.
The house is just adjacent to his another home on the same street. The house sits in the area of 3,980-square-foot and Leo purchased it in 2003 for $3,780,000.
Leo bought this apartment in early 2010 primarily because he has turned into a complete eco friendly person. The building is located on the last patch of land in Rockefeller Park and is a true example of luxury eco-living.
Location: Leonardo Di Caprio owns an apartment in Riverhouse, New York.
The avant-garde of green architecture is a 32-story, 264-apartment luxury condominium built along the Hudson River. The interiors of the apartment is build by the renowned interior decorator David Rockwell who has used extremely low-emission paints and certified wood, and range in size from 80 to 370 square meters. Apart from the eco friendly apartments the building also has Public Library, an organic cafeteria and a literary center. The energy used to power the building is generated by renewable sources, photovoltaic panels and a special technique which converts natural gases.
Neighborhood: Just like Leo ,Tyra Banks also believes in eco-living hence owns an apartment in the building.
The Hollywood superstar, Leonardo Dicaprio, has unveiled his plans for his private island Blackadore Caye, 2.2 miles long and ranges between 210 feet to 630 wide. Leonardo discovered this island on his vacation in 2004, while he was enjoying his stay at the Cayo, an ultra-luxury resort. Later, he purchased this island for $1.75 million with his friend Jeff Gram, owner of Cayo Espanto.
Location: The Blackadore caye Island is located off the coast of Belize, west of Ambergris Caye.
Features: This 104-acre tropical private island will be transformed into a conscientious exclusive five-star eco-luxury resort, and for this work environmental activist Leonardo has teamed up with the Four Season. The island resort will be environment friendly and will be carefully integrated to the unspoiled natural surroundings. As per the planning concept, a 2500 foot grass runway surrounded by photovoltaic fields will provide additional power to the island, and will also bisect the island. DiCaprio personally intends to serve eco-luxury Island as a benchmark for testing innovative ‘green’ technology, and natural resources like water, wind and sun.
Accommodation: The southern part of the Island will be featured with 80 residential lots, with each unit delivering access to private residence club and private beach. On the other hand, northern part of the island will include over-water bungalows, beach bungalows, the hotel village and a spa. These exclusive and lavish villas will serve the high-profile clientele, and possibly the star friends of Leonardo DiCaprio.
The Neighborhood: Ambergris Caye, a favorite vacation hotspot is close to this marvelous island.
His hobby includes watching birds of the feathered kind. Mostly he spends time on bird watching specially peregrine falcons at London's Tate Modern.
He is fond of playing video games on playstation
Toyota Prius is a full hybrid electric mid-size hatchback car with 4.7 L/100 km average and 1.8-liter gasoline engine
Tesla RoadsterIt is a 2-door battery electric vehicle having 53 kWh Lithium-ion battery and will speed up to 0 to 60 mph (0 to 97 km/h) in 5.7 seconds.
Fisker Karma hybrid
The Titanic star owns a Fisker Karma hybrid sports car and has been seen on a couple of times driving it a modest speed. The green car features an Aluminum space-frame structure and presents a decent on road appearance. One of the most noteworthy features is the elective ‘Eco-Chic’ interior, which involves no use of animal products. It reaches 0-60 miles per hour in less than 6 seconds with a top speed of 125 mile-per-hour. The sports car overall stands large both in terms of size as well as performance.
Cabo San Lucas
Leonardo Di Caprio , who has a net worth of $77 million love spend his hard earned money on exploring natural and beautiful places in the world. One of his favorite holiday destinations is Cabo San Lucas where he has been spotted more than once.
Location: Leonardo has been spotted in Cabo San Lucas many a times which is commonly called Cabo. It is a city at the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula. With number of celebrities visiting this place it has become heavily trafficked holiday destination with numerous resorts and timeshares along the coast.
Main attractions: Cabo San Lucas has turn out to be an significant holiday and spa destination, with a immense diversity of sites of interest, and timeshares that have been built on the coast between San Lucas and San José del Cabo. Cabo San Lucas has the largest marlin tournament in the world and in winters pods of whales can be observed in the ocean. In 1990 rock musician Sammy Hagar of Van Halen opened a nightclub and restaurant.
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Resort & Spa -
Cabo San Lucas resort
The Hollywood superstar Leonardo DiCaprio was recently spotted in Miami, and was seemed in a relaxed mood as he joked around with his long time friend Naomi Campbell. Both were spotted in the private yacht of Leonardo DiCaprio, thus fostering the claims that Leonardo loves to take time off from his busy schedule and hang out with friends. Notably, Leonardo's mother Irmelin was also present. Perhaps, this explained the reason for the calmness that prevailed and all seemed cool at the spot.
Miami has been an all time favorite with Leonardo DiCaprio and the superstar heads off to the city once in a while to chill out and take a break from his hectic schedule. True to its name Miami offers a range of facilities and numerous sightseeing options for the visitors.
South Beach is the place to start from and one can indulge in shopping and try partying at this extremely popular beach. The zoo in Miami is another must visit destination in the city and Leonardo being an animal lover makes it a point to head to the zoo, every time he is around.
Seaquarium in Miami is an all time favorite with the tourists and one can have a true life experience of being amidst dolphins and sharks. People from all across the place head to Seaquarium to experience aquatic life at its best.
Miami has a range of options when it comes to staying around. A range of budget hotels and luxury villas are available in Miami and one can choose from among Starlite Hotel, Loews Maimi Beach Hotel and Royal South Beach Hotel amongst a host of others.
A vibrant city, Miami has a host of activities to indulge in, a reason perfect for Leonardo DiCaprio to head off here occasionally.
With Naomi Watts
On the yacht
The 11th Hour
He produced and narrated this documentary on the lines "An Inconvenient Truth" to educate people about environmental hazards.
French Bull Dogs are an adorable species of dogs, which many celebrities prefer to own. Leonardo also has a French Bull dog, which he has has named Django. Other celebrity owners of the same species include names like Kirsten Cavalary, Hugh Jackman and others.
Leo and Django
Leonardo DiCaprio bought a 38-pound Sulcata tortoise for a mere $400 in 2010. According to reports after attending the North American Reptile Breeders Conference and Trade Show in 2010, Leonardo got so concerned for these reptiles that he asked for the biggest tortoise they had. The actor’s 10-year-old tortoise could grow to as big as 200 pounds. The tortoise is still basically a child. The species of that kind have an expected lifespan of 80 years.
Tag Heur has launched a separate line of watches inspired by the style and exuberance of Leonardo Di Caprio.
Marc by Marc Jacobs
Leonardo is wearing a Marc by Marc Jacobs Plastic Aviator Sunglasses
When it comes to formal clothing, Leonardo prefers Armani
Leonardo with Giorgio Armani
Polo Ralph Lauren
Leonardo DiCaprio wearing Polo Ralph Lauren on the set of The Wolf of Wall Street directed by Martin Scorsese