- Birthday7th Jun, 52
- Birth PlaceIreland
- Marital statusSingle
- Every cliche about kids is true; they grow up so quickly, you blink and they're gone, and you have to spend the time with them now. But that's a joy.
- I'm a big believer in acts of kindness, no matter how small.
- For every successful actor or actress, there are countless numbers who don't make it. The name of the game is rejection. You go to an audition and you're told you're too tall or you're too Irish or your nose is not quite right. You're rejected for your education, you're rejected for this or that and it's really tough.
- I've had an unbelievable life. I've been very lucky. You do create your own luck too, you know? I never forget where I'm from. Whenever I pass a building site or see somebody digging a ditch, I always think, 'That's real work.'
- But, you know, sex is controversial, it just is and it always will be.
Did you know?
- His critically acclaimed performance as Oskar Schindler in the film about the Holocaust, "Schindlers List" earned him a nomination for a Best Actor Oscar,
- He also garnered BAFTA and Golden Globes nominations for his work as Oskar Schindler.
- He won Best Starring Role at the Venice Film Festival and another Golden Globe nomination for his starring role in the film, Michael Collins in 1996.
- Empire magazine ranked him among both the "100 Sexiest Stars in Film History" and "The Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time"
- He worked in a variety of casual jobs, from a fork-lift operator at Guinness to a truck driver before he became an actor.
Family & relationships
It was a few weeks prior to his wedding (on July 3rd, 1994) with Natasha Richardson that Liam Neeson bought this home. He had no idea then that it would in this very home that his wife would breathe her last, succumbing to head injuries sustained during a skiing accident. The home is currently valued at $3.71 million. The country home in colonial style was built in 1810.
Location: Actor Liam Neeson's estate home is located just outside Millbrook in Duchess County, New York.
Accommodation: The home is surrounded by a large estate with the actor acquiring another 16 acres next to the already existing 37 acres. The house has 5 large bedrooms with attached bathrooms as well.
Features: Apart from the ample empty and green spaces which the estate has in its 37 acres, the house is also loaded with features. The living area is listed as 6,116 square feet. There is a wonderful drive and lawns on the estate. Other star features include a swimming pool, a large courtyard and an international tennis court.
Neighborhood: Millbrook is a kind of 'celebrity mecca' if one can call it so. The beautiful neighborhood has been home to stars like Katie Couric, Paulina Porizkova, Mary Tyler Moore Rufus Wainwright and Sigourney Weaver.
St. Tropez Vacation
Liam Neeson is a regular at St. Tropez. The veteran actor has been spotted here on quite a number of occasions with different company. He was seen strolling long with Vanessa Redgrave and Joely Richardson on one occasion while on the other, he was seen with Freya St. Johnston and her son. There is something magical about St.Tropez with its lingering romance and youthful exuberance.
Location: St. Tropez is located in the commune of the Var department in the South of France. It has been conferred the epithet as the Marbella of France.
Accommodation: As far as hotels are concerned, there are multiple options at St.Tropez. One could easily obtain the lap of luxury or an economical bargain. Even last-minute package deals are available to this popular hotspot.
Main Attractions: When you say the word 'St. Tropez', what comes to mind are its beaches. The place has been blessed with an abundance of beaches with Plage de Pampellone and the Plage des Graniers being considered as the best ones. Both these beaches, like all the other ones, have an array of bars, restaurants, shops and lovely shorelines to keep you entertained and relaxed. The Musee St Tropez which is located in the Annonciade chapel is a must-visit for its modern-art collections. There is also a butterfly museum which the kids are bound to enjoy. Twice a week, the Place des Lices market is held and those looking for local produce or souvenirs should check out there. Snorkeling, swimming and scuba diving are activities that one might like to indulge in along with the host of water sports. One of the liveliest features of St. Tropez are its nightclubs which remain open till the early hours of dawn.
Nesson has campaigned a lot for this charity. It is a non- profit organization fighting crippling poverty and preventable diseases, particularly in African Nations. It raises public awareness to implement effective policies and programs thus saving lives and helping to educate children in order to improve their future.
The actor was appointed the goodwill ambassador for UNICEF in March 2011. The main mission of the organization is to provide developmental assistance and long-term benevolence to children and their families in developing countries. It also believes that every child should be provided health-care facilities, better education, equality and protection.
Strips down for charity
Liam Nesson recently took off his clothes to support a noble charitable cause. The Irishman took part in TV host Ellen DeGeneres’s chat show in October 2012. The objective of the program was to raise money in order to fund research with the aim of finding a cure for the deadly terminal disease of breast cancer. The actor was given an option to either don a boxer short or briefs. In the end Nesson opted for the bolder option and stripped down to a pink brief. He also graciously offered himself as a target by sitting on a dunk tank where members of the by and large female audience tried to hit him with balls. One cancer survivor even poured a bucket of cold water over Liam’s head! Nesson even went to the extent of offering to take off all his clothes if the money on offer was hiked but this suggestion was not accepted by the TV host. The event was hugely successful and managed to raise about $20,000. All these activities held in the “Ellen DeGeneres Show” were part of fundraising events held by the TV channel in support of the “Breast Cancer Awareness Month”.