- Birthday21st Oct, 22
- Birth PlaceFrance
- Marital statusSingle
- "I am especially the daughter of a father."
- "Man is fond of formulas that Assen its employees as "Work is invincible" or "Intelligence is the ability to see the sets and the views of others, all it takes not too much"
- When the public finances’ deficit and the prospects of a worsening state debt threaten the future of France and Europe and when the government is asking everybody for solidarity, it seems necessary for us to contribute.
- “We are conscious of having benefited from a French system and a European environment that we are attached to and which we hope to help maintain.”
Did you know?
- Bettencourt was reported to be one of the most high-profile victims of Bernard Madoff's Ponzi scheme, losing € 22 million.
- A political Scandal made headlines in newspapers in 2010, which was named after her "Bettencourt affair", which involved many high profiles politicians including "Nicolas Sarkozy".
- She is alleged to have made illegal donations to Nicolas Sarkozy during his presidential campaign in 2007, an envelope containing €150,000. According to French laws Political donations are limited to €7,500 for political parties and €4,600 for individuals, whereby any Contribution that is above €150 must be paid by cheque with the name of the donor clearly identified.
- In 21st century she been in news mostly for court cases and legal issues, one more issue “L’affaire Bettencourt” was highlights of french newspapers in 2007.
- There is a award in her name called "Liliane Bettencourt Prize for Life Sciences" given every year to a European biomedical researcher under the age of forty-five. Winners receive €250,000 to support their work in the field of life science.
- Liliane Bettencourt is Richest women in Europe.
- A photograph of her went viral on internet showing a "dildo" on her side table in her study room.
- Lilian Bettencourt has recieved the highest civilian decoration of France, "la Légion d'honneur" in 2001.
- Lilian Bettencourt has worked for promotion of pro Nazi groups and political factions in France during German occupation of France in World War II.
- She allegedly was involved in many Tax Evasion cases and paid much less taxes at the rate of 6%, which is less than even the employees of L'oreal.
- she made the largest private donation in France of 552 million euros, which will allow the construction of a medical research center.
- Liliane’s father and her husband, Andre Bettencourt, both connections with the Nazis, during the days of World War II.
- Her house was raided by French police regarding Tax Evasion charges.
- Her phones were taped by her Butler in a much publicized scandal.
- In 2005, she was judged as 39th most powerful women in world by the Forbes.
Family & relationships
A colonnaded villa, facing Bréhat was built in 1920s by Liliane's father Eugene Schueller. It is a large 3.9 acres estate with a house of 25 rooms, a tennis court and a swimming pool.
Liliane Bettencourt in her home
It is a situated in a wealthy Paris neighborhood "Neuilly-sur-Seine" on bak of river Siene. This Art Moderne style mansion was built in 1951 after marriage of Andre and Liliane Bettencourt.
Liliane Bettencourt has now sold her private D’Arros Island in the Seychelles for US $60 million. It is an oval-shaped island which is mainly composed of flat coral sand cay. It is 2.0 km long and 990 meters wide, and is nowhere higher than 3 meters. It has a unpaved airstrip and coconut vegetation. It was formerly owned by the prince Shahram Pahlavi Nia of Iran from whom the island was bought in 1998 by an undisclosed owner who was later confirmed as French billionnaire Liliane Bettencourt.
Colonies of sea birds
The Heart of the Amirantes
She is reported to have collection by painters like Chirico, Fernand Léger, Picasso, Girodet, Matisse, Munch, Juan Miro, Braque. Which is worth more than 20 million euros. Her foundation also funded and helped to create "Monet" wing in white house to raise awareness of French Art.
She is fond of swimming, because she loves to keep her self fit and healthy.
One more healthy hobby she received during her childhood from her father.
Liliane Bettencourt owns a dazzling black Mercedes which is a status symbol for rich and famous. This stunning car has black leather interiors and carbon fiber body. She is often spotted driving her car herself.
The royal car
This a perfect holiday destination for isolation lovers as island archipelago is situated about a thousand miles off the eastern coast of Africa. The island is spread over 150,000 square miles (400,000 sq km) of the Indian Ocean with lush vegetation to coral atolls that barely rise out of the sea. Some of the island is home to 150,0000 giant land tortoises—happens to be the second largest atoll in the entire world. The island also offers water sports like scuba diving and under water diving.
The ArcouestThis peaceful beach location adjacent to english channel is one of northern most in France. Liliane's father built a beautiful estate here and since then it is one of favorite resting place and vacation home. She has given many donations to various township trusts in past for maintenance of heritage buildings and churches.
AgadirOne of the Favorite vacation place of Bettencourt during their youth.
BarbudaShe use to travel regularly to Barbuda with her husband during 1970's around Christmas time as she loved warm waters of Caribbean.
Bettencourt Schueller FoundationThe Bettencourt Schueller Foundation was founded in 1987, It has an annual budget of £160 million, out of that approximately 55% of its funds goes to scientific education and research, 33% goes to humanitarian and social projects and 12% goes to culture and arts. It also sponsors prizes through which money and support funds are disbursed to various recipients.
EducationLiliane Bettencourt has donated 10 million euros to the Institut de France.
Yves Saint Laurent
Apart from other well known brands Liliane has also been spotted wearing Yves Saint Laurent shoes. As YSL is the definition of contemporary luxury, quality and elegance it matches Liliane’s persona very well. She was also friend with designer Yves Saint Laurent and his muse Betty Catroux.
When it comes to hi-end brands the French fashion Chanel cannot be ruled out. Every fashionista owns some or the other accessories made form Chanel and Liliane is not an exception. She is often spotted carrying a Chanel bag and sporting a brand’s dress.
Emanuel Ungaro is one of the very fashionable brands of Paris and is amongst Liliane’s favorite brands. Emanuel Ungaro clothing have a very feminine touch with bold style and which is why she prefers wearing it as office wear.
Liliane Bettencourt is often spotted in world of one of the first Fashion House in Paris Lanvin which seems to be her favorite brand. Right from Lanvin satin dress to perfume she adores all.