- Birthday29th Mar, 68
- Birth PlaceNew Zealand
- Marital statusMarried
- Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot.
- I am waiting for a sign that will indicate to me what meaning I must give to my life, but right now my existence is satisfactory.
- We live at the edge of the world, so we live on the edge. Kiwis will always sacrifice money and security for adventure and challenge.
- I get to do all these really nice, little culty things. It seems to be the world that keeps inviting me back.
- I was black and blue for about two years, but it's paid off tremendously. You know, if you get enough whacks, your reflexes pick up, and I've become quite good - if somebody throws keys or something, I can catch them.
Did you know?
- She was chosen by "People" magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World in 1997.
- She speaks German, French, some Italian.
- She was awarded the New Zealand Order Of Merit (NZOM) for her services to NZ entertainment and the community.
- She won the 2011 Saturn Award as Best Supporting Actress for her role as Lucretia in Spartacus: Blood and Sand.
- She is best known for playing the title character of the internationally successful television series Xena: Warrior Princess.
Family & relationships
The New Zealand-based actress and musician Lucy Lawless has great zeal and energy when it comes to fighting for causes for the environment, animals and conservation. As a Greenpeace activist, she joined the mass protest sit-in against the behemoth, Shell, from sending its ship to the Arctic for oil-drilling. She was even arrested in February 2012 because of these efforts through Greenpeace which focuses on issues threatening the bio-diversity of our dear planet earth.
Jimmy Choo ‘Clue’ Glitter Slingback Pump
Walking with a single-shoulder dress, Lucy Lawless picked the glitter slingback pumps from the famous designer, Jimmy Choo, to cover her soles. Made from smooth leather the glamorous pump has a flirty peep toe and a thin slingback strap. The pumps arrive hand-made from the London-based fashion designer, Jimmy Choo.
Black Halo Jackie O Dress
For the 2011 Summer TCA Tour's Starz portion which was held in the Beverly Hilton Hotel in July 2011, Lucy Lawless wore a classic white-colored Jackie O Dress from Black Halo. With a square back neckline cap and invisible back zipper, the dress arrives with an adjustable leather belt at the waist and an asymmetrical cowl neckline. There are about a dozen colors to choose from.