- Birthday1st Jan, 70
- Birth PlaceUnited States
- Marital statusMarried
- Clearly as you move to being a public company, probably even more than growth, there is a huge value based on predictability.
- I got involved early on in social media - I created one of the first social networks - and for me, social gaming was a natural evolution of that.
- I think you're defined as a company by what you choose to do and what you choose not to do.
- From the beginning... I wanted to build a company that could sustain not for two years or four years or even ten years but be something that really matters over time the way Amazon and Google and others have.
- There are people who want the comfort and structure of a job where they're given tasks and told what to do. I think it's actually a minority of people. The majority of people don't want that, but I'd say that the companies I've built are full of people with something to prove.
Did you know?
- He was named 2009 "CEO of the Year" at The Crunchies technology awards.
- He is considered to be the pioneer of the social gaming industry,which is expected to reach $5.5 billion by 2015.
- He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and an MBA from Harvard Business School.
- He is co-founder of his fourth company, Zynga Inc., in July 2007 and served as CEO until July 2013.
- He was a founding investor in Napster, Facebook, Friendster, and Twitter.
Family & relationships
Cole Valley Home
The gaming mogul owned a plush home in Cole Valley, San Francisco, which recently got sold for $1.79 million. Initially listed for $2.189 million, the home’s price was slashed to $1.97 million, when it couldn’t attract the buyers. The 2875 square feet mansion is the smaller of the two chic properties Pincus owned in San Francisco.
Location: The pricey home is located in Cole Valley, San Francisco, USA.
Accommodation: Spread over 2875 square feet, the decent home includes total three floors housing 3 bedrooms and 3 baths, a formal dining area, an open kitchen, dining space and a main entertaining room. The main level comprises of a contemporary, open kitchen, the dining area and main entertaining room. The upper level master offers panoramic views of the city and the Golden Gate Bridge.
Features: The lavish home is a contemporary re-creation of a conventional 1940′s home, which is designed for small to large-scale engagements. The entire home features artistic wall coverings, bold-patterned carpeting and scintillating paint color schemes to make the interior atmosphere a magical one.
The open kitchen
Presidio Heights mansion
Zynga creator and CEO, Mark Pincus has been a proud owner of a lavish mansion in San Francisco, California, which the gaming mogul bought for a reported hefty amount. The luxurious home was listed in the market for $8.9 million but got sold for $8.455 million in February 2012. The splendid Presidio Heights mansion boasted some remarkable features including a penthouse level with an open terrace, media room, office and an au pair unit.
Location: The fabulous property is located in the esteemed Presidio Heights neighborhood in San Francisco, California.
Accommodation: The mansion is spread over four levels and is a true beauty of a property in the real sense as everything right from its construction, color, design, to the ultra modern amenities appears absolutely terrific. The well-decorated modern home features 6-bedrooms and 6.5-bathrooms, a full size kitchen, dining and living areas and a media room. The kitchen features a distinctive but purposeful family room area for gatherings.
Features: The grand, livable mansion features bright colors, stylish accents combined with charming surprises which make it one of the most desirable properties in San Francisco. The striking entryway is provided a fresh and modern look with the green lacquered walls. The mansion makes a bold street presence, but has been deliberately pulled back from the busy street. A full floor penthouse level incorporates a spa-like bathroom, office and terrace. The property also includes a beautiful courtyard and a tranquil grass garden.
Penthouse level windows
Tranquil grass garden
San Francisco Estate
Internet entrepreneur best known as the co-founder of Zynga, Mark Pincus has recently bought a 11,500 sq ft. home inn San Francisco for whopping $16 million. Before buying the estate boasting panoramic views of the Golden Gate Bridge, Pincus sold two of its San Francisco homes one for $1.9 million and another for $8.2 million. Built in the year 1907, this 100-years old home was sold as Mr. Ford, the owner wanted to sell it because he and his wife had decided to move to Texas.
Location: The beautiful estate is located in San Francisco's "Gold Coast," a three-block area in San Francisco's exclusive Pacific Heights neighborhood known for its sweeping views.
Accomodation: This 7-bedroom home with an elevator boasts a diamond divided light weight windows which ensures the entrance of enough natural light and fresh air.
The estate has historical elements attached to it, and its design is of typical homes of 1900’s with large formal rooms on the main floor and family bedrooms on the upper level.
The living room is very huge thus giving a beautiful view of the city with the luxury at its best, while the kitchen area and the staff quarter is in the basement level.
The home seems to be very spacious and the infrastructure of the rooms has been done up in a very impressive and logical way.
Features: It's situated in a three block area in Pacific Heights neighborhood exclusively famous for its sweeping view of the Golden Gate Bridge.
Apart from the panoramic views of the Golden Gate Bridge, this $16 million home also offers the views of the Bay, and that of the Marin Headlands.
On the basement apart from the kitchen section and staff quarter the mansion also has a laundry room, wine storage room, an exercise room for the fitness purpose and flower arranging room.