When thinking of the most expensive cars, brands like Rolls Royce, BMW, Audi and Ferrari typically come to mind. However when it comes to our list, none of these luxury vehicles make the cut. Take a look at our list of the most expensive cars in the world as of 2013.
10. Aston Martin One-77 - $1.8 Million
The name signifies much about Aston Martin. The car has all power and beauty and has been limited to 77 units to make the Aston truly desirable. Priced at $1.8 million the 750 hp of Aston powers it from 0 to 60 miles per hour (mph) in 3.4 seconds. The maximum speed of Aston reaches up to 354 km/hour or 220 miles per hour.
9. Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster – $1.85 MillionThe Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster is a sports car with a two-door roadster body style and rear mid-engine, rear-wheel drive layout. It has a 7.3-liter V12 M120 engine made by Mercedes-AMG and a six-speed sequential transmission. Only five units were ever made, though five units of the coupe version were also manufactured. It can go from zero to 60 miles per hour in under 3.4 seconds. 8. Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport – $2 Million
The Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport is a mid-engine grand touring car with a two-door targa top body style and longitudinal mid-engine, permanent four-wheel drive layout. It boasts of an 8-liter W16 quad-turbocharged engine capable of generating up to 1200 horsepower. The car was named after Pierre Veyron, the company’s former test driver who won the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1939. The numbers represent the car’s 16 cylinders and four turbochargers. It can go from zero to 60 miles per hour in less than 2.46 seconds and has a top speed of 253.81 miles per hour.
7. Lamborghini Sesto Elemento – $2.2 MillionThe Lamborghini Sesto Elemento is a sports car with a two-door coupe body style and mid-engine, four-wheel drive layout. It boasts of a 5.2-liter V10 engine and a six-speed, paddle shift, semi-automatic transmission. The engine is capable of generating up to 570 horsepower. It can go from zero to 60 miles per hour in under 2.5 seconds. Only 20 units of this model were released, all of which were for track use only. The name refers to the atomic number of carbon, as the car extensively uses carbon fiber.
6. Bugatti Veyron Super Sport - $2.4 MillionThe Bugatti Veyron Super Sport is a mid-engine grand touring car with a two-door coupe body style and longitudinal mid-engine, permanent four-wheel drive layout. It boasts of an 8-liter W16 quad-turbocharged engine capable of generating up to 1,184 horsepower. It has a top speed of 267.856 miles per hour. It holds the world record for accelerating from zero to 200 miles per hour, doing it in just 13.7 seconds, or four seconds faster than the Koenigsegg Agera R.
5. Lykan HyperSport – $3.4 MillionThe Lebanese company called W Motors manufactures the Lykan HyperSport. It has a twin turbo, flat-six Ruf-tuned Porsche engine capable of producing up to 740 horsepower. It can go from zero to 60 miles per hour in less than 2,8 seconds. It can reach a top speed of 267 miles per hour. The car’s LED lights are encrusted with diamonds and the leather interior features 24-karat gold stitching. The dashboard has a modern interactive 3D holographic display. Only seven units of this super car will be built initially and it will be sold for $3.4 million.
4. Lamborghini Egoista – $3.9 Million
The Lamborghini Egoista was created in celebration of Lamborghini's 50th anniversary was unveiled in 2013. Based on the existing mid-engined Gallardo, drawing 600 horsepower out of a 5.2-liter V-10, another unique feature is the center-mounted cockpit that is removable. Only one model was ever made and is not for sale. The Italian word Egoista translates to 'selfish', the car's purpose is for the company to keep and enjoy.
3. Lamborghini Veneno – $4 Million
At $4 million, the new Lamborghini Veneno was introduced at the Geneva Motor Show. This model is so expensive that only three will be made and those three were sold before hitting the showroom floor. Of the three Veneno owners, two are American.
2. Koenigsegg CCXR Trevita – $4.8 Million
The Koenigsegg CCRX Trevita is a sports car with a two-door roadster body, style and rear mid-engine, rear-wheel drive layout. It has a modified 4.7-liter, twin supercharged V8 engine capable of using both ethanol and 98-octane petrol. It also has a six-speed transmission system. Only three units were made, as Trevita means “three white” in Swedish. The engine is capable of 1,018 horsepower. The body is made out of carbon fiber, similar to the colour of a diamond. It also has a carbon composite fabric. One famous owner of this car is late night talk show host Jay Leno. Christian von Koenigsegg, the founder of the supercar brand visited Leno's South California home to personally deliver the Koenigsegg Trevita CCXR.