- Birthday17th Jan, 42
- Birth PlaceUnited States
- Marital statusMarried
- Friendship... is not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything.
- I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.
- I know where I'm going and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want.
- It's the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief. And once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen.
- Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.
Did you know?
- He is generally considered among the greatest heavyweights in the sport
- He was crowned "Sportsman of the Century" by Sports Illustrated and "Sports Personality of the Century" by the BBC.
- He was inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame, 1990.
- He was Light heavyweight boxing gold medalist, 1960 Olympics. World heavyweight boxing champion, 1964-1967, 1974-1978, 1978-1979.
- He was inducted into the Sport in Society Hall of Fame, 1994.
Family & relationships
- Yolanda Williams Wife
- Laila Ali Daughter
Muhammad Ali enjoys a very luxurious, not to mention a royal lifestyle due to his stature as a head of state. During his vacations he likes to enjoy the Billiards game which helps him to keep fresh, active and healthy.
Athletes for Hope
Athletes for Hope is a foundation which helps disabled athletes help fight all problems in life and lends them moral and financial support so that they can get back to mainstream life. The community has also taken upon itself, the duty of enlightening the society about the consequences of physical disability and its effect on life. Athletes For Hope has received support from 10 celebrities including Muhammad Ali.
Muhammad Ali Parkinson Center
The Muhammad Ali Parkinson Center aims to provide excellent service and treatment to patients of Parkinson disease and other movement disabilities who are unable to pay for their treatment. The center raises funds by accepting donation, as well as by organizing charity fund raisers, and the total proceeds are donated to hospitals to treat the needy patients for free. Muhammad Ali Parkinson Center has received support from a total of 32 celebrities.
Oakley Oil Rig Sunglasses
The Oakley Oil Rig sunglasses are a pair of high end sunglasses from Oakley and Muhammad Ali was spotted in a pair quite recently. The Oil Rig is similar to its predecessor the Oil Drum in various aspects like the presence of shield lens, and the exterior designing. The Oil Rig provides perfect fittings and is extremely comfortable.
Ever last Boxing Gloves
Ever last is a name synonymous with boxing and Muhammad Ali has been sporting boxing gloves from Ever last for the past few decades till retirement. The boxing gloves from Ever last have a red finishing and the gloves are specially padded and have thumb locks to increase the feasibility of the gloves.