- Birthday25th May, 70
- Birth PlaceUnited States
- Marital statusSingle
- The way to bring about change is to be proactive and active.
- I'm not an optimist. I'm a realist. And my reality is that we live in a multifaceted, multicultural world. And maybe once we stop labeling ourselves, then maybe everyone else will.
- As you make your way along life's tumultuous highways, it's important to note that you should always carry a map, have plenty of fuel in the tank, and take frequent rest stops.
- I hope that in some way that I can be some sort of beacon of hope, especially because I am not the typical Hollywood beauty.
- I prefer doing interviews where people don't have to interpret what you say. I'm going to be real honest.
Did you know?
- She is one of 6 African-American actresses to win the Oscar in a competitive category.
- She won the 2012 Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress – Motion Picture for her work in The Help.
- She she won a BAFTA for Best Supporting Actress for her Performance in The Help, won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for the same performance; making it her first Oscar nomination and first win.
- She was listed by Entertainment Weekly in its list of 25 Funniest Actresses in Hollywood in 2009.
- She received a bachelors degree in Liberal Arts from Auburn University.
Family & relationships
Tadashi Shoji Off-White Beaded Evening Dress
Actress Octavia Spencer had worn this dress while she attended the 84th Annual Academy Awards. The date was February 26, 2012 and the venue was Hollywood & Highland Center in Hollywood, California. In this outfit, she looked spectacular, especially due to the drop-down white earrings which matched the dress to a tee. She accentuated this look by right accessories.
David Meister Draped Black Dress
Octavia Spencer is known to wear ensembles that look complete according to theory and this draped black dress which she wore at the 84th Academy Awards Nominations Luncheon proved the fact. The venue was The Beverly Hilton hotel in Beverly Hills, California and the date was February 6, 2012. She looked simply elegant in this black dress which brings out the dusky and dark color of her skin. It is a very well known fact that dark women are more photogenic and Octavia's appearance bears testimony to it.
Tadashi Shoji Silver Beaded Evening Dress
This beautiful dress looked even better when Octavia Spencer had worn it to the 18th Annual Screen Actors Guild Award on January 29, 2012. The venue was The Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles, California. The accessories like the earrings and the silver clutch perfectly matched the dress and the way she had tied her hair in a bun prove that this pretty lady pays a lot of attention to her looks.