- Birthday2nd Jan, 68
- Birth PlaceRussia
- Marital statusMarried
- “Like so many Russian entrepreneurs, I went into business at a unique time - the country in which I was born and grew up no longer existed, but the new was yet to be born. The former gave me the opportunity to receive a fine academic education, and the latter, in which I live today, offered me a rare opportunity to prove myself and achieve success”.
- In Europe lots of opportunities are arising via the (economic) crisis because lots of smaller construction companies are running into difficulties.
- Overall things are going very well, of course with big fluctuations in individual markets. Poland is top, Hungary is a flop.
- This way people will know that drinkers and smokers are helping the government. Every pack of cigarettes that you consume contributes money we spend on social programs.
- There will be no windows showcasing cigarettes and other tobacco products. Customers will be able to choose products from a price list.
- Renovation of hotels alone will not draw visitors to Moscow.
- There are enough rooms, and it has no bearing on the city's attractiveness.
- Moscow must create the conditions that foreign tourists are accustomed to in popular urban tourist centers.
- It is important to create a more positive image of the city, highlighting its attractive features.
- In Britain, a ban on smoking in pubs has put many of them out of business.
- We always wanted to act as a socially responsible employer.
Did you know?
- Deripaska was barred from travel to the United States and from entrance to the Davos economic summit in Switzerland.
- Deripaska has been accused of many bribery and muscle power use cases, but never been convicted of so far.
- Deripaska's life was under threat from Russian Mafia for many years since he first acquired the aluminium smelter in Siberia.
- Oleg's London house is considered to be one of the most heavily guarded private residence competing only with his fellow countrymen oligarchs.
- Deripaska has been named manager of the year many times by the Prominent Russian newspapers, business journals and magazines.
- Oleg holds a number of cultural and educational honorary positions. He is currently serving as member of the Board of Trustees of the Bolshoi Theatre, the Russian Science Foundation, the Moscow School of Economics at the Lomonosov Moscow State University, as well as of the business school at the St.Petersburg State University.
- Deripaska slept next to poisonous furnaces to protect the plant from a business rival who phoned to issue death threats.
- Deripaska fleet of private jet is also called nicknamed "air force" due to its size and security.
- During his army service Oleg had a meteoric rise within just two years of service and he rose to position of "Staff sergeant".
Family & relationships
6 Belgrave Square
Deripaska owns this one of finest British property in the heart of London at Belgrave Square. This house was formerly owned by aristocrats and royals like Dukes of Bedford. It is a 6 story Stucco Row mansion. It is reportedly worth UK £ 100 - 120 million today.
Oleg Deripaskaowns a Chalet some 20 kms from Moscow, near a small ski hill. A Chalet has its origin form origin and is a typically low house, with wide projecting eaves. This is not a vast mansion but is a little cozy house which Oleg Deripaska owns uses for vacations. Recently, he threw a Christmas party in this house.
Queen K yacht
Oleg Deripaska owns a 72.60m (238.19ft) motor yacht that was custom built in 2004 by Lurssen Yachts. The yacht was renovated in 2007 in which Queen’s hull and parts of her superstructure were refitted and painted in grey. The yacht's interior has been designed by Donald Starkey and is one of the most luxurious yachts in the world.
Accommodation: The beautiful luxury yacht can accommodate up to 18 guests in nine suites comprising an owner’s cabin. There are two double cabins and four twin cabins for guests. She is also competent of carrying up to 21 crew members onboard to make certain a relaxed yacht experience.
Specs: Queen K engines are twin screw propellers and engine of the ship produces 3110 horse power. The yacht has a range of 5000 nautical miles from her 250000-litre fuel tanks and can reach a maximum speed of 18 knots and cruises comfortably at 16 knots.
Powered by enhanced Rolls-Royce BR710 turbofan engines, Gulfstream V-SP is a premium luxury private jet that Oleg owns.Modern technologies have been used to build this jet and care has been taken to ensure that the plane offers optimum luxury to the owner. The speed of the Gulfstream V-SP can reach up to Mach .88 and it is able to fly 6750 nautical miles in a single fuel-refill making it the first heavy business aircraft to do so.
Luxury has no limits
Hawker 800 XP
Apart from some classy planes Oleg also owns a mid size corporate jet which is Hawker 800 XP. This is one of the most successful private jets that British Aerospace has ever made. This is the third generation plane of 800 series hence even the minutest details has been taken care of. The cabin of the Hawker 800XP is usually done with eight seats: a four-person club section, a three-person divan, and one forward-facing seat. The cabin itself measures 21.3 feet long, 5.8 feet high, and 6 feet wide. With a Range of 2,642 nm (4,893 km) it can fly upto Service ceiling of 41,000 ft (12,497 m). Although the plane is complete luxury but can be customized according to the customers need.
Corporate and leisure charter aircraft
Oleg Deripaska owns a successor of Gulfstream G V-SP the very famous G550 that every flyer wishes to ride on. The plane with the longest range in its class and has been created with the best aeronautical technology. The plane costs $60-million and is a pure delight to be in with classy looks both inside and outside. The plane is powered by improved Rolls-Royce BR710 turbofan engines and has a range of 12,501 km. This classy and technologically advanced plane can be customized as per the customers need hence, Oleg has turned his plane into his own personal luxury toy.
Compact kitchen concept
S76B Sikorsky helicopterSikorsky S-76B was launched first in 1987 as a mid size commercial utility vehicle. Due to its versatality It became very popular among military forces. Its top speed of 155 kn (287 km/h) at sea level makes it a fast and easy mode of transport which can carry 13 people. It has a Range of 761 km and Service ceiling of 13,800 ft (4,200 m).
Volnoe Delo FoundationVolnoe Delo Foundation was founded by Oleg Deripaska in 1998, immediately after he made some fortune. The Foundation supported a wide range of initiatives with a particular focus on education and children right from its inception. Oleg said once "I am proud to support causes and programmes that provide real solutions to key social problems and which preserve the unique and vast wealth of Russia’s cultural heritage. Volnoe Delo also provides significant support and funding for the promotion of science and education, two areas to which I am particularly devoted. While the scientific tradition is strong in Russia, there is a real need for increased and improved innovation, which our programmes will support. Our goal is to make a difference that lasts".
Oleg Deripaska's charitable foundation
White color Labrador and the name of his pet is Leo