- Birthday18th Jun, 42
- Birth PlaceUnited Kingdom
- Marital statusMarried
- Why would I retire? Sit at home and watch TV? No thanks. I'd rather be out playing.
- We didn't all get into music for a job! We got into music to avoid a job, in truth
- If slaughterhouses had glass walls, everyone would be a vegetarian.
- I just don't like to see terrible photos of myself...it's straightforward vanity. You tell me someone who wants to see terrible photos of themselves.
- I was placed in the most awkward position I've ever been placed in. I had to fight three mates to save their legacy, their money, as well as mine, and I did so knowing it would put me in a very dodgy position. Anyone who didn't thoroughly review the whole thing would be forgiven for thinking 'What a tosser'. So yes, that matters to me, it is still a haunting episode... It was pretty scary having to say to Johnny, Georgie, Ringo, I'm suing you!
- Before John Lennon died I got back a good relationship with him. That was very special. The arguments we had didn't matter. We were able to just take the piss about all those songs; they weren't that harsh. In fact, I have been thanked by Yoko Ono and everyone else for saving The Beatles from Allen Klein. Everything comes round in the end.
- I've learnt to compartmentalise. There's me and there's famous Him. I don't want to sound schizophrenic, but probably I'm two people. I'm the guy who does shows ... but I'm also the guy who goes home to the kids. There I am just Dad.
- Many years ago I was fishing, and as I was reeling in the poor fish, I realised, 'I am killing him - all for the passing pleasure it brings me'. Something inside me clicked. I realised as I watched him fight for breath that his life was as important to him as mine is to me.
- The combination of those four guys was pretty interesting. We weren't together that long but think of the work we put in. Every album was different. Album after album, single after single beat the last one. The nice thing now is I don't have to be modest about The Beatles any more. I can call them great because it's over. There was something very special about The Beatles.
- I used to think anyone doing anything weird was weird. Now I know that it is the people that call others weird that are weird.
- Paul always had difficulties regarding reading of musical notation and he writes and plays by ear.
Did you know?
- Holds a place in the Guinness Book of Records for his song "Yesterday" listed as The Most Covered Song in History with over 3000 existing versions.
- He appears in the Guinness Book of Records as The Most Successful Popular-Music Composer and Recording Artist ever with sales of 100 million singles and 60 gold discs.
- he is also known by nickname Macca.
- Paul was rumored to be dead after he was injured in a car crash in November 1966.
- His two favorite singers were Little Richard and Elvis Presley.
- He holds a record with 29 No.1 singles on the American charts with The Beatles, Paul McCartney & Wings, and as a solo artist (including one duet with Stevie Wonder).
- "Sir Paul McCartney became the Most Successful Songwriter who has written/co written 188 charted records, of which 91 reached the Top 10 and 33 made it to No.1 totalling 1,662 weeks on the chart."
- Paul is a skilled instrumentalist and played all the instruments and did all the vocal tracks on his 1970 recording of "Maybe I'm Amazed".
- Record Collector magazine has ranked the rare copy of White Album with serial number 0000005 as No. 1 in its list of the 200 Rarest Records of All Time.
- According to the International Federation of the Phonographic Industries in 2006, The Beatles are the biggest popular music act of all time, with over 400 million albums sold officially, while the total number of all Beatles' records sold was over 1 billion copies.
- BBC News Online readers named McCartney the "greatest composer of the millennium"
Family & relationships
Location: the mansion is located in Sussex, United Kingdom
McCartney’s Peasmarsh home near Rye in East Sussex, England is a 1,500 acre estate, where he spent much of his married life with wife Linda.
St. John’s Wood
Location: Paul Mccartney's St. John’s Wood house is located in London, England.
Accommodation: Sir Paul spends much of his time at this property as this is McCartney's first house after he became rich and famous. It’s a town house in central London and now has become a mecca for rock and roll lovers, who flock to it (through not allowed entry) much like The Beatles Abby Road Studio.
Neighborhood: Celebrities like Sienna Miller, Kate Moss, Madonna, J.K Rowling, Gwyneth Paltrow, Helen Mirren, Jude Law have their lavish homes in London.
Location: Paul owns a lavish apartment in West 54th Street, Manhattan, New York
Accommodation: Manhattan apartments are one of the most luxurious residential places in New York. The mansard roof is unusual in a city of flat-topped buildings, and passers-by notice the petaled glass marquee that shields the front door.
Neighborhood: Manhattan is home for many celebrities like Ralph Lauren and Hillary Swank.
Beverly hills home
Location: The mansion is located in the posh area of Beverly hills, California
Accommodation: The home was built in late 1930s in French-style. Paul bought this home for $3.995 million. The house has four huge size bedrooms and main selling point for celebrities is the privacy it offers: The one-and-a-half-acre property is gated and surrounded by stone walls and tall trees. It also has a private pool.
Neighborhood: Beverly hills is one of the most well known areas amongst Hollywood stars. Celebrities like David Beckham, Paris Hilton, Robbie Williams and many other have their mansions in Beverly hills.
Sunfish Dinghy yacht
Being one of the most successful musicians of all times, Paul McCartney could well afford any super-yacht. Instead he decided to go sailing in his personal Sunfish. The Sunfish is a beach launched sailing boat that carries a lateen sail mounted to an un-stayed mast. It's a very modest boat fit for someone who loves environment and makes sure to minimize carbon footprint.
Paul McCartney on his sail
He displayed painting talent during his early years only, when he won prize for his church drawing at age 11. In 2002 70 of his paintings were displayed at Walker Art Gallery, Liverpool, cataloging his work since 1980's.
Writing and poetry
The quality of writing and poetry that McCartney gave is truly reflected in his music, written songs and compositions.
"This is a special edition only one of its kind car designed for Sir Paul. It is powered by 3.6L VVT engine with five-speed auto-stick transmission, Stabilitrack, limited slip differential,apart from that it has it has Bose 8 speaker audio system with 6 disc in-dash changer, power sunroof, extensive wood trim, premium paint, Xenon high intensity discharge automatic headlamps, universal home remote, theft alarm system, etc. Sir Paul also requested that no animal products to be used in manufacturing the vehicle, another unique feature which makes it unique is, a plaque on the dashboard documents that the car was a ""Single Edition"" especially built for Sir Paul McCartney."
1965 Radford Mini Cooper 'S'
One of first cars owned by Sir Paul McCartney, also the one in which he had near fatal accident in 1967. It featured a powerful 1275 cc engine and was considered British icon and engineering marvel. It is also rated as 2nd most influential car in 20th century after Ford model T
Paul's Radford Mini
The RX400H is a Lexus flagship hybrid vehicle, with a Super Ultra Low Emission Vehicle (SULEV) rating and an powerful 295 horsepower engine. The hybrid car features a powerful 3.5 liter V6 petrol engine despite its low carbon emissions. Sir Paul’s passion for animal rights has ensured that all the leather was replaced with cloth.
Signature of Paul McCartney
Volkswagen beetle is a car with cute looks and a cult following. It is a complete solid build, with plenty of safety equipment's and an excellent power hood that adds value to it.
Land Rover IIA
2.25 petrol. Ex ambulance, nice older restoration, 20K original miles, runs clean and quiet, excellent driver, Michelin tyres, oil cooler, heavy duty heater, flip down forward facing rear seats.
Aston Martin DB6
The DB6 is powered by the 3,995 cc twin-overhead camshaft (DOHC), in-line six-cylinder Aston Martin engine designed by the legendary Tadek Marek. The engine, continued with its triple SU carb setup producing 282 bhp (210 kW; 286 PS) at 5,500 rpm; the Vantage engine option is quoted at 325 bhp (242 kW; 330 PS) against the 314 bhp (234 kW; 318 PS) of the DB5. Although the weight of the DB6 was approximately 17 lb (7.7 kg) heavier than its predecessor, the stability at high speed, added luggage capacity and comforts for passengers in this grand tourer more than offset any imperceptible loss in performance caused by additional weight.
McCartney and his car
Aston Martin DB6
50s Ford Anglia (hot rod)The Ford Prefect is a line of British cars produced by the UK section of the Ford Motor Company, and a more upmarket version of its direct siblings the Ford Popular and Ford Anglia. The car progressed in 1953 from its original perpendicular or 'sit-up-and-beg' style to a more modern three-box structure.
1967 Lamborghini 400 GT
It has a longer wheelbase, different roofline, and minor sheetmetal changes compared to the 350GT and first 400GT. It was first presented at the 1966 Geneva Auto Show. The larger body shape enabled the +2 seating to be installed in the rear, where the 350GT only had room for luggage or +1 seating.
Following their June 12, 2002 wedding at Castle Leslie, a 17th-century estate in Ireland, former Beatle Paul McCartney, 59, and bride Heather Mills, 34, traveled to the remote Seychelles for their honeymoon. Beatle George Harrison once owned an estate here, which may have been Paul McCartney's introduction to this tropical paradise.
Paul McCartney was spotted spending a romantic vacation with wife Nancy Shevell on the Caribbean island of St Barts. The adorable couple seemed like enjoying each others' company as they walked down the streets together, holding each other’s hands. A perfect holiday spot for the prosperous and eminent, St Bart’s features a bunch of delighting attractions which draw millions of tourists from around the world.
Location: The spectacular Island is located in the Northern Antilles Arc, flanked by the Atlantic Ocean and Caribbean Sea.
Accommodation: A diverse selection of luxurious accommodations is available or the visitors to ensure a comfy stay at St Barts. The island features typical luxury hotels, resorts, cottages, bungalows and 350 villas, with magnificent rooms overlooking the ocean. On top of that, the extremely rapid, tolerant and delightful service from the hotel staff makes the overall staying experience wonderful.
Main Attraction: The magnificent island features an assortment of 17 spectacular, quiet beaches which are ideal for numerous outdoor activities like tennis, volleyball and sunbathing. The crystal clear water which looks absolutely magnificent under the sunlight encourages scuba diving, water-ski and sailing, while 22-30 degrees of pleasant temperature makes the outdoor fun more enjoyable. The island also charms the visitors with its incredible night life, untouched wildlife, several fitness centers, multiple shopping destinations and rejuvenating spa treatments.
Perfect Holiday hotspot
McCartney received a Lifetime Achievement Award from PETA which stands for "People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals". Moreover, in his acceptance speech, he said, "Even though compassion may be an old idea, it's nice to think that nowadays more and more people are looking for a kinder way of living."
American Red Cross
"The charity endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles. He made a contribution for this organization through a concert that made a collection of $14 million in ticket sales. "
McCartney had a sheepdog who was named after imaginary Martha. McCartney even wrote lyrics in memory as she died in 1981 at the age of 15 at Paul's Scottish farmhouse.
Being a Elvis fan, he owns the double bass that once upon a time was used by Elvis Presley's bassist Bill Black.
Fender Strat is one of the favorite guitar brands of Paul Mccartney, which he has used regularly since 1954.
Perhaps one of his favorite apparels brand, as he has been spotted with converse apparels many times
Epiphone acoustic guitar
Still plays his 1964 Epiphone acoustic guitar which he used to compose "Yesterday" for the album Help!
Sir Paul sports a diamond studded Luxuriator sunglasses, the ultimate optical jewelry designed by Franco Vahe.
Casio WQV3D-8BNDL Camera Wrist Watch
Paul McCartney is spotted wearing a Casio WQV3D-8BNDL Camera Wrist Watch in his PETA ad campaign.