- Birthday24th Jun, 79
- Birth PlaceCzech Republic
- Marital statusSingle
- We cannot stop natural disasters but we can arm ourselves with knowledge: so many lives wouldn't have to be lost if there was enough disaster preparedness.
- I can dance for, like, four or five hours nonstop without even drinking water. It's a beautiful, beautiful thing.
- I grew up under Communism so we could only learn Russian, and then when Communism fell in 1989 we could learn a few more things and have the freedom to travel and the freedom of speech - and the freedom of dreaming, really.
- If we focus on the minuses, we go down the spiral. But if we are able to focus on the pluses, we can become stronger and put more meaning into our life.
- Learn from the past, look to the future, but live in the present.
Did you know?
- She was the 1995 Czech Elite Model Look winner.
- She was one of the telecast judges during the 53rd annual Miss Universe competition in Quito, Ecuador on June 3, 2004.
- She is a multilingual who speaks Czech, Slovak, Polish, English, French and Italian.
- Glamour magazine awarded her a "Survivor Award" in 2005 for her charity work following her tsunami ordeal.
- She was appointed as Honorary Consul from the Czech Republic to Haiti by the government of Haiti in 2011.
Family & relationships
Petra Nemcova jetted off the exotic beach resort of Ibiza in order to spend her 2006 summer holidays. The gorgeous supermodel was in town for a week and was accompanied by her then boyfriend, British musician James Blunt for the entire duration of her holiday. Nemcova spent most of her time at the beach side along with her boyfriend. The model looked ravishing when she donned a skimpy two piece bikini during her sunbathing sessions. Petra also took quite a few dips in the sea waters and was photographed sipping a cocktail drink by the side of her hotel pool.
Location: The Spanish island of Ibiza is situated in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea.
Accommodation: Ibiza is home to more than a dozen top notch luxury hotels and resorts. Rates for a room on a per night basis at a five star accommodation of the types of “Ushuaia Beach Hotel”, “Aguas de Ibiza Lifestyle and Spa”, “Mirador de Dalt Vila” and “Hotel Es Marès” can usually go up to $1,200 during the busy tourist season.
Main Attraction: The golden beaches kissed by crystal clear sea waters and receiving plenty of sunshine throughout the year constitute Ibiza’s biggest tourist attraction and draw more than a million visitors every year. Ibiza possesses great infrastructure for popular recreational activities like snorkeling, scuba diving and rafting.
Fresh seafood, easily available at the scores of restaurants dotting the town is not to be missed for its superb taste and mind boggling variety.
A trip to the UNESCO declared World Heritage Site of “The Eivissa Dalt Vila” offers the chance to observe quite a few very ancient buildings that were constructed centuries ago. The Las Salinas national Park showcases a great variety of marine life in their natural habitat.
On the beach
Shares a kiss
Getting ready for bath
Elton John AIDS Foundation
The model has raised a lot of money to support the NGO founded by Sir Elton John. It is one of the largest non-profit global HIV/AIDS organizations. It is supported by David Furnish and is dedicated to implementing HIV prevention programs in an effort to eliminate the discrimination associated with HIV.
Happy Hearts Fund
Nemcova created the charitable organization after her near death experience from the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami. The non-profit organization is focused to rebuild schools and restoring opportunities in the lives of children who suffer hardships as a result of natural and health related disasters.
Yéle Haiti Foundation
The artist has shown a lot of involvement in supporting the foundation dedicated to changing hundreds of lives in the impoverished nation. The NGO supported by eleven personalities uses different kinds of programs like music, sports and media in order make a difference in community development.
Red evening gown
The strapless red gown with the train draping the floor and a gorgeous ruffled front made the starlet look absolutely breathtaking at the 2012 amfAR's Cinema Against AIDS party that was organized at the at Hotel Du Cap in France.
Light pink dress
Petra looks really cute in the girly light pink number teamed with black belt, long envelop clutch and flat pumps with a bow on top for the US Weekly Hot Hollywood Party in California. She wears a pink lipstick in the same shade as the dress.
Draped evening gown in royal blue
Petra looks every bit like her stylish self wearing this chic gown for the 2011 Happy Hearts Fund: Land of Dreams held at the Metropolitan Pavilion. She pairs it cleverly with a black clutch, pointy toe stilettos and minimal jewelry.
Salvatore Ferragamo Mirrored Minaudiere
The model carried her mirrored Minaudiere to a prestigious event. The classic white rectangular clutch features a silver frame with expensive mirror application, an adjustable chain, nappa lining and spacious inside pocket from the Resort 2012 collection.
Notte by Marchesa Draped Contrast-Waist Gown
Nemcova attended a charity event on 2011 in New York wearing the glamorous Marchesa Gown. The breathtaking blue organza dress features a deep V-neckline with black waist band providing the effect of a corset. The floor sweeping A-line skirt has a formfitting bodice with wide shoulder straps in draped shoulder detailing and a hidden back zip.
Champagne Moët & Chandon
The artist was photographed with the luxurious champagne. The color of the vintage champagne is an elegant golden yellow with amber highlights and its aromas revealing of fresh fruit and floral flavors. The $50 champagne can be enjoyed on all celebratory occasions with its palate revealing subtle pear and elegant brioche notes.