- Birthday26th Dec, 39
- Birth PlaceUnited States
- Marital statusMarried
- "I felt obligated to change music to art, the same way that Galileo proved the Earth was round to the world and that the Sun did not stand still."
- "I'm dealing in rock'n'roll. I'm, like, I'm not a bona fide human being."
- "Love is an obsessive delusion that is cured by marriage."
- "People tell me they idolise me, want to be like me, but I tell them, 'trust me, you don't want my life.' I've been a very tortured soul."
- "The gun went off accidentally."
- "When I went into the studio I created a sound that I wanted to hear."
Did you know?
- Phil Spector was voted the 63rd Greatest Rock
- Phil Spector currently serving time for murder at the California Substance Abuse Treatment Facility and State Prison in Corcoran.
- Phil Spector claimed that he trained himself to sleep only 2-3 hours a night as a young man.
- Phil Spector was elected to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1989 (under the category Non-Performer).
- Phil Spector was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 1997.
Family & relationships
- Rachelle Short Wife
- Nicole Audrey Spector Daughter
- Rachelle Short
- Ronnie Spector
- Annette Merar
Creepy “Pyrenees Castle” in AlhambraHe bought the faux chateau in 1998 for $1.1 million. The entry hall of Spector’s castle had been rumored to be haunted. One woman who grew up in the area says that she and her friends would dare each other to run up to the house and touch it, and she only had the nerve to do it once.
Annette and Phil attended the same high school and had some of the same friends. They worked briefly together when Annette became the lead vocalist of the Spectors Three group. After meeting again in May 1961, they had a long distance courtship. Phil proposed in January 1963 and gave Annette a 2 1/2-carat diamond ring. Phil and Annette were married in New York City on February 18, 1963 in a rabbi's Central Park West study. They only had 3 guests and a small reception at a friend's apartment. There was no honeymoon.
Spector's second marriage was to Veronica Bennett, later known as Ronnie Spector. Ronnie was the lead singer of the girl group, the Ronettes. Their marriage lasted from 1968 to 1974.
On September 1, 2006, Spector married his third wife, Rachelle Short. Although there is a 41-year age difference, Short is quoted as saying "I like the way he looks." "He's boyish and cute, witty, smart and we are so much alike even though we are generations apart.