Generally the talk is always about the richest men on earth, but the fairer half is not lagging behind when it comes to billionaires. According to Forbes, the list of 1426 Billionaires around the world just has 138 women, but the brighter side to this is that the number has risen considerably from last years 104. Of these new billionaires are fashion designer Tory Birch and Honk Kong finance executive Pollyana Chu. But here are the top five of the world’s richest ladies.
5. Worth $17 Billion :
- Jaqueline Mars: Born to Forrest Edward Mars Sr., she is worth 17 Billion USD, and is definitely one of the richest women in the world. She is the business owner of manufacturing and selling candies, and her company is the largest candy maker in the United States and the World as well. Other lines of product also add to her wealth.
5. Worth $17 Billion :
- Gina Rinehart : with her 17 Billion USD assets she is the richest lady in Australia. Born to mining tycoon Lang Hancock, she not only inherited the business, but she also took the business to newer heights and her total worth stands at a staggering 17 Billion USD. She also features in the list of most powerful women in the world at 35th position. Though her major source of wealth is mining, she is also interested in other businesses that include media too.
4. Worth $17.5 Billion :
- Iris Fontbona: Iris Fontbona is the richest woman in Chile and also the richest person in the country. She inherited her wealth from her husband and has handled it well and maintained to remain in the top of the Billionaire list for a number of years. She is one of the main holders of Antofagasta, one of the largest copper mines on the planet. She is also one of the major stake holders of Banco de Chile; the second largest bank in the country and she also has major stake in CCU, the country’s largest brewer. She is also one of the major controllers of CSAV which is one of the largest shipping companies in Latin America. She also has some other business interests and is also one of the biggest philanthropic donors in the world.
3. Worth $26.3 Billion :
- Alice Walton: Alice Walton is the third richest woman in the world. She is also the only daughter of Sam Walton, who is the founder of retail giants WalMart. She is also the tenth richest person in the United States, and sixteenth on a global list. Recognised as one of the most influential persons in the world by Time Magazine. Though her main source of wealth is Walmart, she is also a connoisseur of art also.
2. Worth $28.5 Billion :
- Christy Walton: The Widow of John Walton, Christy Walton is worth 28.5 Billion USD, and is the second richest woman in the world. She is also the 11th richest woman in the world, thanks to the fortune she inherited from her father-in-law Sam Walton, who is the founder of Wal-Mart. She is also the 11th in the list of richest people in the world. The major source of her wealth is from her stocks in WalMart and First Solar Company. She is the richest woman in the United States.
1. Worth $30 Billion USD:
- Liliane Bettencourt: she has been the richest woman in the world for a number of years in a row. She is the richest woman in the world and resides in France. Her main source of wealth is her being the principal shareholder of L’Oreal. L’Oreal happens to be the one of the largest Cosmetics company in the world. She also has some interesting properties that also add to her wealth.