- Birthday8th Aug, 81
- Birth PlaceSwitzerland
- Marital statusMarried
- "Every match I go into, I'm the huge favorite. I lose a set and it's, like, crazy."
- "Many people take away things from Sampras because he never won the French, saying his career was not complete, which I totally disagree with. I think he had the best career of any player ever."
- "I'm not angry. As an athlete ... you should be open to criticism, and you're allowed to be criticized, because not everybody has the same opinion, not everybody likes the same players. The rankings are quite volatile: Today you're 'great,' tomorrow you're 'not,' but then you're 'great' again. It makes for great stories. Now, I always look at the long term and by doing that, obviously, I can stay calm through the storm."
- "The grass is one part, it being at the Holy Grail of tennis is the second one. London, if you see how successful this World Tour Finals is, how successful Wimbledon is, how much tennis is liked in this country - all these things make this a very, very special place to play tennis."
- I can't stay No. 1 for fifty years, you know. We'll see what happens.
- “I like to play against guys who have beaten me, especially early in the career, try to get them back."
- “I definitely need to use my chances when they come because definitely there won't be many.”
- “This doesn't happen every day so you better enjoy this moment. ”
- “It was more of giving him a taste of what he had given me."
Did you know?
- He was beaten by Rafael Nadal 6-1, 6-3, 6-0 at the 2008 French Open final, one of the worst defeat for a top seeded player.
- Special edition stamp by Swiss Post (2007, as the first person still alive).
- He holds both Swiss and South African citizenships.
- Federer and Nadal met each other everytime between 2006 to 2008 French Open and Wimbledon final.
- Federer has played 10 consecutive grand slam final.
- Federer has won a record five ATP World Tour Finals (tied first all-time) and 17 ATP Masters Series tournaments (tied second all-time).
- Federer is the only male player in tennis history to have reached the Finals of each Grand Slam tournament at least 5 times.
- Two days after winning his first Wimbledon, he was presented with a 1,760 lb. milking cow he named "Juliette" as a gift from tournament organizers in Gstaad, Switzerland.
- He was named as a 2010 Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum in recognition of his leadership, accomplishments and contributions to society.
- Federer has won six Wimbledon titles, which is second only to Sampras and Renshaw's seven Wimbledon titles.
- Federer is the only male player to be seeded first at 18 consecutive Grand Slam tournaments from 2004 French Open to 2008 Wimbledon.
Family & relationships
Roger's Dubai apartment
Roger also owns a lavish apartment in Dubai apart from properties in Switzerland. He has chosen this location as a base of training to get use to heat and different weather conditions from his home country Switzerland. Roger said “"I remember it was brutally hot, I think like 39 Celsius every day. But I had a good time practising, it was peace and quiet and I kind of enjoyed it here. I was like, ‘You know, I think this works well for practice and leisure’. The next thing I knew, I had an apartment."
Location: The lavish apartment is located in Dubai
Crap Curver villa
Roger Federer has bought a home in the Swiss village of Valbella, part of the large Lenzerheide-Valbella ski area in the canton of Graubunden. He bought this house in 2008.
Location: the house is located in Swiss village of Valbella in Switzerland.
Accommodation: It’s a Swiss style Modern Chalet and also includes some surrounding land with tennis court. The house is very spacious and serene and has wood work and paneling work throughout which matches the furniture and entire focus is towards keep the spaces open and aesthetically appealing. The Swiss Alps have long been a favorite retreat of the Swiss-born tennis star.
Neighborhood: Switzerland is home to many famous celebrities like Shania Twain, Bernie Ecclestone and Michael Schumacher.
Federer owns a lakeside penthouse in Wollerau, south of Zurich, on the southeast shores of Lake Zurich which is the is the largest city in Switzerland. The place is also known for the large number of tourist every year and is a leading global city and among the world's largest financial centers.
Roger with family
Luxury has no limits
Federer is an accomplished swimmer and has been spotted several times with his family on vacation enjoying the water sports. This helps him to make healthy and fit out of the tennis court as well
Federer considers Tennis as a major influence on his game and credits his hand eye coordination to the game. He now holds a huge number of Professional Men's Tennis records, which include, 16 Grand slam wins, Career Slam, most consecutive weeks as world number 1. most consecutive Grand Slam Finals and at the 2011 US Open he reached a record 30th consecutive Grand Slam quarterfinal. He is the only male player in tennis history to have reached the title match of each Grand Slam tournament at least 5 times
Mercedes Benz SLS AMG Roadster
It is ninth most expensive street-legal car when it came, Federer owns a silver color convertible instead of a coupe version popular among celebrities. This super-car is powered by a 5.4 L supercharged V8 engine capable to produce 0-100 km/h (62 mph) in 3.2 seconds and 0-200 km/h (124 mph) in 9.6 seconds and has achieved 339 km/h (211 mph) on circuits.
Premium sporty car
Beautiful wife of Roger
Roger Federer and Mirka Vavrinec
Swiss mountainsBeing a Swiss national, his love for Swiss mountains isn't surprising at all. He said “We, (my wife and our twin toddler daughters, and I) also get away into the mountains of Switzerland whenever possible.”
Federer loves Maldives and is a regular visitor there with his wife Mirka and also revealed that he prefers to swap a traditional chocolate box Christmas in the Alps for sunshine and cocktails in “paradise” (read Maldives).
The World no. 3 ranking tennis star, Roger Federar was seen vacationing in Corsica, France in July, 2010, with his family. He also took his family out for a cruise on a luxury yacht across the waters of Mediterranean. Making a perfect picture couple Federar and his wife Mirka enjoyed their time on the sandy beaches of this little oasis. Federar was also trying to be a better father to his twins as he took time off from his busy schedule and did some babysitting. Roger had chartered luxury yacht JEMS for their vacation, which itself is full of ultra opulent provisions.
Roger Federer Foundation
In 2003, Roger established his own foundation, the ‘Roger Federer Foundation’ in order to help children in South Africa who were in need of food, shelter and other basic necessities of life.
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund, UNICEF is one of world’s renowned organizations that work to make a difference for children. UNICEF is currently working with the government of Haiti and partners to improve water and sanitation in Haiti’s schools. UNICEF’s focus areas include child survival and development, basic education and gender equality and HIV/AIDS and children, and works to provide emergency assistance to different countries. Roger Federer is one of the 151 celebrities that support UNICEF.
Apart from the big names in the haute horological world, Rolex has traditionally been known as the gentlemen’s choice, owing to their sophisticated designing. Roger uses Rolex Day-Date II and Yacht-Master II.
One of the most significant and proclaimed Tennis player, Roger Federer uses Nike as his preferred brand for all the sports accessories and footwear. Roger has been a prominent factor for Nike to survive in the tennis footwear and clothing range.
Man in blue
Roger's favorite brand
All his cars are Mercedes-Benz which reflects his love for the automaker. This roadster boasts an exclusive array of design features and unusual appointments that boasts what the brand claim, "the driving performance to perfection.
Other dazzling highlights include the all new 'twin-blade' radiator grill which dominates the front section, the horizontal bar in the front skirt, the exterior mirrors and the spoiler are made from genuine carbon and finished with a silk-matte surface treatment.
Roger Federer plays with customised Wilson Six. Apart from that Roger Federer has also signed a lifetime agreement in 2005 with Wilson for racquets, string, tennis balls, and tennis accessories. The racquet uses by the Roger is One Tour BLX tennis racquet.