- Birthday7th Apr, 64
- Birth PlaceNew Zealand
- Marital statusMarried
- People accuse me of being arrogant all the time. I'm not arrogant, I'm focused.
- I like villains because there's something so attractive about a committed person - they have a plan, an ideology, no matter how twisted. They're motivated.
- I'm sick to death of famous people standing up and using their celebrity to promote a cause. If I see a particular need, I do try to help. But there's a lot that can be achieved by putting a check in the right place and shutting up about it.
- I respond in the moment which is what makes me a good actor.
- The important thing to me is that I'm not driven by people's praise and I'm not slowed down by people's criticism. I'm just trying to work at the highest level I can.
Did you know?
- He won an Academy Award for Best Actor, a Broadcast Film Critics Association Award for Best Actor, an Empire Award for Best Actor and a London Film Critics Circle Award for Best Actor and 10 further nominations for best actor for his performance in the film, Gladiator.
- He received five awards as best actor and seven nominations in the same category for his role in the 1999 film The Insider.
- He a BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role, a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor in a Motion Picture Drama and a Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role for his role in the biopic A Beautiful Mind in 2001.
- He had a special love of horses.
- His film, "A Beautiful Mind" ranked #93 on the American Film Institutes 100 Most Inspiring Movies of All Time in 2006.
Family & relationships
Sydney Rose Bay
In March, 2011 Russell Crowe and his wife Danielle Spencer bought a new house after four year search. They have reportedly spent $10 million on the house called 'Te Puke' which in Maori language means hill. The house was last traded for $5.5 million in 2001. The house was built in 1909 and second floor with arts and craft-styling was added in 1927.
Location: The house is located in the posh Rose Bay area of Sydney, Australia. One can see both the Sydney Opera House and the Sydney Harbor Bridge from the Rose Bay suburb.
Accommodation: The two-story house has six bedrooms with a built-up area of about 12,900 square foot. The space available will be sufficient for raising their two children.
Features: The house has a beautiful garden and is one of the finest non-waterfronts in the eastern suburbs of Sydney. The area is full of trees and looks similar to the suburbs of England.
Neighborhood: Rose Bay is one of the most sought out neighborhoods in Sydney. Other prominent residents of the Rose Bay suburb include the famous model Jodie Meares, reporter of 60 minutes Peter Overton, and Seven Network's newsreader Jessica Rowe.
The actor is frequently seen driving around in his favorite car, a black $165000 Mercedes-Benz S600. It combines the precision of German engineering along with raw power and great looks. The car is available in two versions – hybrid and AMG trim. The 5500cc twin-turbo V12 engine is capable of delivering a power of 510 HP. It has a 5 speed automatic transmission system. The vehicle has superb pickup and is capable of zooming to 100km/hour from zero in 5.4 seconds. The interiors are lined with high end leather. Unique safety features like an “ATTENTION ASSIST” system detects driver wariness and brings it to their notice thereby minimizing chances of accidents.
Mercedes Benz E Class
The Academy Award winning actor Russell Crowe drives a metallic black Mercedes Benz E Class, and was photographed loading the boot of his E Class with provisions before embarking on a long road trip. The car sports a stylish appearance due to its external accessories like four eyed daytime running LED lights, a classic saloon grille with a 3-lourve look and horizontally structured LED tail lights. The luxuriously trimmed interiors have been upholstered in two tone leather and the head unit sports a snazzy trapezoid shaped high gloss framed display.
The North Face Apex Bionic Jacket
This is one of Russel Crowe's favorite jackets. The actor even donned it in his movie “The Next Three Days”. Appropriate for chilly winter activities the unique soft layer keeps a person warm and comfortable. The double hand zip pockets coordinated with the left chest Napoleon pocket is perfect for light exercises.
Ray-Ban 3025 Aviator Sunglasses
The actor has been spotted wearing these sunglasses also known as “Pilot Shades” few times. He was also seen sporting them in his film “The Next Three Days”. Featuring dark reflective lenses much bigger than the area of the eye socket, metallic frames on both sides, and specially designed wire temples hooking at the back of the ears, make to provide a stylish look.