- Birthday24th Apr, 73
- Birth PlaceIndia
- Marital statusMarried
Update: Just another milestone added to SR Tendulkar's long list of achievments. On March 16, 2012 he became the only batsman to score 100 tons in international cricket. The 100th ton, which came after a long wait of about one year was scored against Bangladesh in a one day international of the on-going Asia Cup series. The incredible feat reaffirmed his status as the non-disputable God of Cricket.
Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar, popularly known as Sachin Tendulkar is a renowned Indian cricketer. He began his career under his coach Mr. Ramakant Achrekar. The turning point that actually introduced him to his real talent was an Australian fast bowler named Dennis Lillee, who deeply observed Tendulkar and suggested him to focus on batting rather than bowling. Gradually his extraordinary batting skills were noticed by everyone and since then he is making India proud by his tremendous performance. He made his first class debut in the year 1988 when he was under 16 and scored 100 not out in for Bombay against Gujarat. After that he secured a century in his first appearance in the Deodar and Duleep trophy. Since then his achievements are remarkable.
Apart from a successful professional career, he also made great contributions to the society; currently he is the man who sponsors around 200 underprivileged children every year through a Mumbai Based NGO. He is a true believer of simple living, but has a great passion for cars and also owns a nice and pretty big car collection. His list of achievments is never ending and the stats just put into perspective why he is called possibly the greatest batsman of the world ever.
- At least with me, the match starts much, much earlier than the actual match.
- But eventually it is a game of cricket.
- I always had a dream to play for India but I never let it put pressure on me.
- I am not thinking too far ahead, just want to take it one thing at a time.
- I believe every era has its significance and the same holds true for players and coaches.
- I didn’t want to prove a point, cause bowlers always want to make a statement and my job is to go out and score runs for India.
- I feel when somebody has been playing cricket for a long time, he creates a separate identity for himself.
- I have never thought where I will go, or forced any targets on myself.
- I have never tried to compare myself to anyone else.
- I have played for 15 years and it has been a dream.
- I just keep it simple. Watch the ball and play it on merit.
- I just want to continue the way I am going.
- It is my job to make runs for the country and win. That is the job I have to do.
- “Anyone would want to play like him, he was completely at a different level as far as mental toughness is concerned.”
- "Winning the World Cup is the proudest moment of my life. ... I couldn't control my tears of joy."
- I hate losing and cricket being my first love, once I enter the ground it’s a different zone altogether and that hunger for winning is always there.
Did you know?
- Tendulkar was given his first bat when he was 11
- Tendulkar holds the record of highest number of centuries in both Test and ODI cricket.
- Became the ICC Player of the Year 2010 and Wisden Cricketer of the Year 1997 and also Wisden Leading Cricketer in 2011.
- Tendulkar dreams to become a fast bowler but Dennis Lillee suggested him to focus on his batting.
- Tendulkar score 664-run stand with Vinod Kambli in an inter-school game, and the opposite team refused to continue the game.
- Tendulkar achieved Man of the Match 60 times in ODI matches and Man of the Series 14 times; Man of the Match 13 times in Test matches and Man of the Series 4 times.
- He became the 1st batsman to score a double century in ODI cricket and the first to score 90 International centuries.
- First batsman in Tests to record 12,000 runs and later the first to reach 13,000 as well.
- Tendulkar partly own two restaurants in Mumbai.
- Tendulkar holds the record to make a debut in international cricket as the youngest Indian.
- Tendulkar was the highest run scorer of the 2003 Cricket World Cup and 1996 Cricket World Cup.
- Awarded the honorary rank of Group Captain by the Indian Air Force.
Family & relationships
Location: Sachin Tendulkar’s new house is located in West parry cross road, Bandra, Mumbai.
Accommodation: The house is lavish five story building which has an insurance cover of $ 1 billion. The price of the house is approximately $ 7.9 million. This mansion has been specially designed keeping in mind his passion for cars as it can easily hold approximately 45-50 cars at a time. The mansion proudly boasts its first basement with a kitchen, master surveillance room and servant quarters, the ground floor comprises of large drawing room with a separate dining space for the entire family and a temple of Lord Ganesha on the ground floor premises.The unique feature of this mansion would be a floor which would be treated as a special display area where his innumerable medals and trophies will be kept.
Neighborhood: Indian billionaire Mukesh Ambani’s residence Antilla which is world’s most expensive house is also located in Mumbai near Sachin’s residence.
The dream house
Sachin Tendulkar is truly passionate about driving. He loves collecting cars and enjoy driving them.
Listening to music
Listening music has always been a priority for Sachin Tendulkar. He loves listening music whenever he feels the need to relax and take a break from his busy schedule.
Sachin Tendulkar is known for his love for collecting watches. He is obsessed with watches.
Sachin Tendulkar bought his Nissan GT-R, air-freighted from Japan. The car has a tremendous speed of 300 km/hour. It delivers an engine output of 6,400rpm with maximum torque of 612N m from 3,200 to 6,000 rpm.
Mercedes Benz C36
Sachin Tendulkar owns a Mercedes Benz C36 which boasts its 4 valves/cylinder, inline six engine, 276 horsepower at 5750 rpm and 284 lb-ft of torque. This car is a perfect blend of features which makes it worth including in the Sachin Tendulkar's car collection.
Mercedes Benz C36
Sachin Tendulkar owns a Porsche Boxster. This car features a 6-cylinder horizontally opposed aluminum alloy engine, with displacement: 2.9 liters. It has a maximum power of 188 kW. It possess a maximum torque of NM. Another reason for Porsche Boxster to be a part of Tendulkar's vintage car collection is its safety and awesome interiors.
Black leather interiors
Sachin Tendulkar likes thrills in his life, he opts Skidiving during his vacations in New Zealand
Sachin and his friends
MussorieSachin Tendulkar along with his family love to spend leisure time at Mussoorie. He makes regular visit to this hill station. He said that he "thoroughly enjoys his stay in Mussoorie".
“Support My School”Sachin has been the campaign’s brand ambassador for Support My School campaign which aims at the betterment of water, sanitation and infrastructural provisions for schools across India.
Education of 200 childrenSachin Tendulkar is known for looking after welfare of 200 children from the same NGO called Apnalaya. His inspiration behind his bend towards the social contribution has always been his father.
Sachin Tendulkar is the brand ambassador for Pepsi and he likes this soft drink a lot.
Audemars Piguet wrist watchSachin likes one of most luxurious wrist watches and Audemars Piguet wrist watch is one of those. He has been the brand ambassador of this brand as well.
Sachin Tendulkar usually prefers wearing Adidas brand. He has been spotted several times wearing it. Moreover, he has also worked as a brand ambassador for the same.