- Birthday16th Aug, 70
- Birth PlaceIndia
- Marital statusMarried
- I think a lot of a man's outlook in life - at least mine - is shaped by his relationship with his father.
- I have a lot of connection to Pataudi. I have spent a lot of time there and I love the place very much, but at no point, do I consider myself a Nawab.
- A film has to be for commercial success as well as earn you respect as an artist. You don't want to do only things that are designed to run commercially, and neither do you want to do things that get acclaim but don't run.
- Royal titles ceased to be recognised by the Indian government in 1971. The title of Nawab and Maharaja are not recognised by the Indian government anymore.
- But actors should act. You should see them most often rather than just not.
Did you know?
- He was honoured by the Government of India with the Padma Shri in 2010.
- He won the Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award for his role in drama Kal Ho Naa Ho in 2003.
- He won the Filmfare Award for Best Performance in a Comic Role and was conferred the coveted National Film Award for Best Actor in 2005 for his leading role in the romantic comedy Hum Tum.
- He is regarded as a Hindi megastar.
Family & relationships
Saif Ali Khan wedded the charismatic Kareena Kapoor on the 16th of October 2012. It was a simple registry marriage which was followed by an evening of 'Nikah' or the Muslim traditional marriage. Unlike Hollywood, Bollywood offers its heroes an almost-God status and thus, it was no surprise that the Nikah ceremony had scores of guests attending and hundreds of fans waiting. While the registry was done at the Bandra residence of the actor, the Nikah was held at the traditional Pataudi home in Haryana.
Raghuvendra Rathore designed the achkan for Saif Ali Khan while designer Ritu Kumar designed the traditional sharara for Kareena. The night previous to the marriage, the actor hosted a party at the Taj Hotel in Mumbai for close friends and family. He appeared in a suit and bow tie. A host of stars from Bollywood were present. This included sister-of-the-bride Karishma Kapoor, Amrita Arora, Neetu Singh, Sonam Kapoor, Gauri Khan, Alvira Agnihotri, Preity Zinta and Shweta Nanda.
It is a well-known fact that the beaches of Mauritius are simply irresistible. And so, once their relationship status as a going-to-be couple was confirmed, Bollywood actor Saif Ali Khan and beau Kareena Kapoor cavorted at the Balaclava beach in pristine Mauritius. The two were seen striking a romantic pose on a motorboat as the skimmed across the blue waters. It can also be safely presumed that the two had some wonderful beach time!
Location: The Balaclava beach is one among the several beautiful beaches in Mauritius and it is located to its north. The Republic of Mauritius is located as an island nation in the Indian Ocean, about a 1000 kilometers to the east of Madagascar.
Accommodation: There are more than 170 hotels to pick from in the small island nation of Mauritius. Hotels and resorts at prices ranging from $90 a day to $250 a day are available at Flacq district, Grand Baie, Moka, Grand Port, Port Louis, Savanne, Rodrigues and Wilhems.
Main Attractions: Without a doubt, the primary attractions of Mauritius are its lagoons and pristine beaches, prominent ones being Balaclava, Grand Bay, Blue Bay, Belle Mare, Le Morne, Tamarin and Pereybere. All of these in general, especially Grand Bay, is perfect for water skiing, wind surfing and sailing. The flora and fauna of Mauritius are also exotic and, so, a photographer would delight in them. The SSR Botanical garden presents an abundance of indigenous flora. Tourists can also go for scuba diving and submarine rides to explore the coral reefs and check out the various species of fishes. Other places which are a must visit in Mauritius are the Blue Penny museum, the Natural History museum, the Pamplemousses Botanical Gardens, the Eureka French mansion and the magnificent Black River Gorges national park with a 33-ft Shiva statue at the entrance.