- Birthday20th Apr, 70
- Birth PlaceUnited States
- Marital statusSingle
- Let a woman have her place, because as you provide foundation for her, she provides a foundation for you. And through that vulnerability comes strength.
- After eight years on 'Young and the Restless' and eight years on 'Criminal Minds,' I'm ready for that next phase of my career.
- But because I could throw so hard when I got to college they made me a pitcher.
- I don't see myself as a 'black actor,' I'm just Shemar Moore the actor.
- I like to make money; I like to have nice things. But I love to act; I love to tell stories.
- I say I'm not shy, but... Acting is a very vulnerable experience, and you've got to be really confident to put yourself out there to be judged.
- I'm not a machine. I get really motivated, then I fall off the wagon and want to eat Chinese food and sit on my couch and gain five or 10 pounds!
- Television is in a different time because of reality television, so it's not as exciting.
Did you know?
- Nephew of a high school teacher, Stephen Wilson of Watertown High School in Watertown Massachussetts.
- Was a "Weakest Link" (2001) contestant and was voted off.
- His mother is Caucasian and his father is African American.
- His mother, a math teacher, moved the family to Denmark when Shemar was 6 months old for about 3 years. After that they lived in Bahrain until Shemar was about 6 years old where he attended a British private school.
Family & relationships
- Ashley Scott
- Bobbie Phillips
- Claudia Jordan
- Halle Berry
- Kimberly Elise
- Lauriane Gilliéron
- Toni Braxton