- Birthday10th Apr, 79
- Birth PlaceUnited Kingdom
- Marital statusMarried
- I'm really interested in fashion but at the same time I find it quite competitive. Second-hand stuff leaves you more open to whatever your own personal style is rather than feeling dictated to by shops.
- For every person that says I'm the new Audrey Hepburn, someone else says that I look like an alien.
- I think there's quite a lot of cowardice in music. I don't mind if it goes wrong, I just want to go for it.
- I'm someone who has always been quite clear about what I like. In the studio, I'm not a control freak but I know what I want.
- I learned to stand up for myself at school where I was never too popular.
Did you know?
- She was best known as the lead singer of the indie rock band Theaudience.
- Her solo debut album, Read My Lips in September 2001 reached #2 on the UK Albums Chart and was certified double platinum by the British Phonographic Industry.
- Her Read My Lips won the Edison Award for "Best Dance Album" in 2003.
- Her fifth studio album, Wanderlust became her highest charting album since "Read My Lips", reaching #4 in the UK.
- She has a tattoo on her right arm of a red heart and the word "Family"
Family & relationships
Sophie Ellis-Bextor has been one of the most gorgeous and dynamic women in England. She has been a really talented as well as successful musician. She has redefined the whole concept of pop music with her unconventional style. But this lady Rockstar also has a great flair for dressing. She was spotted when pregnant in a black frock with white polka dots. She did look quite scintilittating in this dress. Everyone really appreciated it. Bextor does manage to look cool in other similar dresses and outfits as well.