- Birthday26th Apr, 78
- Birth PlaceCanada
- Marital statusSingle
- Maybe I'm naively romantic, but I do believe that spice and excitement doesn't stop once a couple gets together.
- People in life take on certain stories and say, 'I'm going to be defined by this story and I'm going to live up to every inch of this story.' Sometimes you realize the story isn't fulfilling you and in fact you're not living the life that you're given.
- Men should never marry their muse. It ruins the illusion.
- I just enjoy working with really wonderful actors and amazing creative people and I hope to keep doing that, no matter where.
- I love accents; I would love to find more characters with a variety of vocal intonations. It creates a character. It's like you're singing a song. Some people find their character through walking or movement - for me, voice is one of the ways I find parts of the character.
Did you know?
- She is best known for her portrayal of Detective Kate Beckett on the ABC series Castle.
- She was the recipient of the PRISM Award for Performance in a Drama Episode at the 16th Annual PRISM Awards for her portrayal of suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder in the Castle season four episode "Killshot".
- She was nominated for the 39th Peoples Choice Awards in the Favorite Dramatic TV Actress category.
- She won the Favorite Dramatic TV Actress category, while the show won Favorite TV Crime Drama at the 40th Peoples Choice Awards
- She has been on Maxim Hot 100 list for three consecutive years.
Family & relationships
Leather Jersey top!
This is the jacket that Stana wore in the second episode of the fourth season of the TV series Castle. It is a black leather piece with jersey panels that gave Stana a tomboyish kind of look and for the fans it was Oh-so-hot! A great fashion statement. This piece was exclusively designed for her by Charlotte Ronson. She meant total business. As a female detective she has a tough unyielding attitude on screen. So the leather jacket did justice to the character and to the fans it was a great fashionable start for the fourth season of the franchise.