The Stratheden ‘Lego’ House in North London is Up for sale at $52 million
Most of us have grown up playing with Lego building blocks, putting together our own castles and houses, and everything we saw around us, during our formative years. Some designer brands have also created some bespoken artistic collectibles like the Swarovski studded Lego sculptures, Cinnamon Art holiday train, and the Derek Seiple Lego chess set, all of which were perfect show pieces. This time around, we came across a full-fledged mansion, the Stratheden House in North London which resembles something straight out a Lego block set. The property has recently been listed on the market for sale, with a price tag of $52 million (£34 million). More than just the unusual external appearance, this property boasts of a ballroom which equates the size of an average family home, apart from amenities like steam and sauna rooms, personal cinema theater, and significant outdoor exposure as well. With the exteriors grabbing eye balls for it’s appearance, the interiors are truly palatial in every sense in this Ambassador style property.
Settings and location
The Stratheden mansion is located on Bishop’s Avenue, also named the ‘Billionaires Row’ because of the large number of billionaires staying in the locality. The neighborhood is known to have some of the richest people around with Russian oligarchs and Middle Eastern Sheikhs, who have taken up their homes in this elite area of North London. What also makes this property a collectible boutique estate, is the large space of 1-acre, over which the entirety of the estate is spread. Added to that, are the modern and stylish amenities perfectly well fit for a classically luxurious lifestyle.
Description of Amenities
– 9 bedrooms, 8 bathrooms, 5 reception rooms, a ballroom, champagne bar, private 12-meter long swimming pool, spa & salon area, gymnasium, kitchen & pantry, 2-bedroom staff cottage, Italian sunken garden with grass lawn, and 14-guest formal dining area.
– The ballroom, one of the main highlights of this property, is known to be spread over 2,700 sq ft, which is the size of a 4-bedroom average family home in the UK. This space could also be utilized as a makeshift personal art gallery, if the new owner so chooses.
– The flooring in many parts, is constructed from polished marble, coupled with contemporary samples of artwork and collectibles. If maintained appropriately, add to the overall grace and regal ambiance of the mansion.
– The private home theater located at the subterranean level, boasts of ruby shaded velvet carpeting and wall coverings.
– The Champagne bar has polished wooden floor and staircase, along with mirror laden pillars, silver leather seating space with matching cushions. The general appearance make it perfect for hosting a wide variety of gatherings and meetings.
– The dining space houses 14 guests at a time in the dark purple chair set with polished wooden dining table top, along with matching cutlery and crockery, wooden parquet flooring, handcrafted panels, and a high-tech lighting system.
– The private bathrooms have plenty of stone-work along the walls and the vanity counters, which have been polished to a high gloss sheen. Apart from the large mirrors, one could enjoy in the glass cubicles by taking a relaxing and luxurious shower.
– The gardens and the lawn area have been manicured to symmetrical perfection, which can be lit up after sun down for a rather dramatic ambiance in that part of the estate.
Facts and Figures
– The architectural style of the Stratheden House is a 1930′s period Cape Dutch house, with origins belonging to the Arts & Crafts period.
– The ballroom of the 4-storeyed property is spread over 2,700 sq ft, which equates the size of an average 4-bedroom family apartment in the UK.
– The listing price of £34 million ($52 million approx), makes it 209 times more expensive than the average home sold last month within the UK.
– Other than the listing price, the new owner has to bear costs like the $3.68 million (£2.4 million) of stamp duty, or $7.82 million (£5.10 million) if the property is bought for commercial purposes. The Annual Residential Property Tax amounts to $214,380 (£140,000) for the local authorities.
– The Stratheden House is now listed as an architectural heritage property, because Cape Dutch style mansions, are rare around London. It stands as one of the most unique architectural marvels in the capital city.