- Birthday1st Jan, 70
- Birth PlaceUnited States
- Marital statusMarried
- Boxing is the ultimate challenge. There's nothing that can compare to testing yourself the way you do every time you step in the ring.
- I'm a competitor and a very proud man. If a guy beats me once, he'll have to do it again to make me believe him.
- They say that I'm stubborn, and my wife says that, too, but it's paid off so far.
- Boxing brings out my aggressive instinct, not necessarily a killer instinct.
- Within our dreams and aspirations we find our opportunities.
- Boxing was not something I truly enjoyed. Like a lot of things in life, when you put the gloves on, it's better to give than to receive.
- To be the best, you need to spend hours and hours and hours running, hitting the speed bag, lifting weights and focusing on training.
- I'm a free agent. I haven't allowed any promoters to have exclusive options on my fight. I don't need a promoter.
- Although it was a great accomplishment to win a gold medal, as soon as they put it on you, that's it; your career is over.
- I think an athlete should be honest. I know it's difficult, but if a guy knocked me on my can, I couldn't very well say, I slipped.
Did you know?
- Leonard was named "Boxer of the Decade" for the 1980s.
- Leonard was 1973 National Golden Gloves Lightweight Champion.
- Leonard was 1976 Olympic Light Welterweight Gold Medalist.
- Leonard won the National Golden Gloves and National AAU Light Welterweight Championships in 1974.
- Leonard was named "Fighter of the Year" for 1979 by the Boxing Writers Association of America and The Ring .
Family & relationships
- Bernadette Robi Wife
- Camille Leonard Daugther
- Ray Jr. Son
- Bernadette Robi