- Birthday10th Mar, 72
- Birth PlaceUnited States
- Marital statusMarried
- I've always tried different stuff in the studio. I use rakes, spoons, cans... I'm a surround-sound type of guy.
- I don't repeat myself and I don't look back because everything is hard work and the only way forward is to continue to be creative.
- Greatness can never be over because you can lay it down for a minute.
- The same people who smile in my face would be the same ones to talk behind my back.
- Good production is like a beautiful marriage. It makes a happy home.
Did you know?
- He was voted the 4th in Forbes magazines "Hip-Hop Cash Kings" list in August 2007.
- His single "Give It to Me" was Billboards second biggest leap in 2007 after jumping from 42 to #1.
- He was responsible for 16 Billboard Hot 100 top-ten singles in 2006 and 2007.
- He was a DJ, known as "DJ Tim" or "DJ Timmy Tim".
- He graduated from Salem High School of Virginia Beach, Virginia.
Family & relationships
- Monique Idlett
Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead
Timbaland loves driving around in his $500000 silver colored Rolls Royce Phantom. The car possesses an irresistible combination of great looks allied with supreme performance. A 6.75 liter V12 engine delivers a power output of 453 horsepower at 5,350 rpm and 531 lb-ft of torque at 1,000 rpm. Direct fuel injection and variable valve technologies are utilized by the engine. The maximum speed attainable is 240 km/hour and the vehicle can zoom to 100km/hour from zero in 5.7 seconds. Interiors have been fitted with top class wood like mahogany and lined with expensive leather.
Designers Against AIDS
The singer has raised a lot of money for the charity “Designers Against AIDS” which is an NGO started in 2004. It is part of the philanthropic organization “Beauty Without Irony”. It’s main aim is to educate young people in the developed world against the perils of the deadly HIV / AIDS disease. It uses various platforms like international media exposure, harnessing the power of popular culture by convincing celebrities from the fields of films, music, sports, fashion designing and arts to campaign on their behalf. “Prevention is the only cure” and “Know your Status, get tested ” are the messages it brings to limelight.
Timbaland feels deeply for the underprivileged children of Africa and has performed in live concerts to raise money for “Raising Malawi”. It’s a charity dedicated to alleviate the suffering of orphans in one of the poorest countries of the world, Malawi. They have relentlessly worked to benefit the country’s 1.5 million vulnerable poverty stricken orphans since 2006. A combination of methods like providing secure shelter, nutritious food, appropriate clothing, emotional support and medical care to the needy works wonders for a lot of children. Free education of a decent quality ensures a decent platform for the future.
Stand Up To Cancer
He has participated in campaigns for the cancer charity “Stand Up To Cancer”. Its primary aim is to pool money to get the world’s leading cancer scientists and doctors to come together and work jointly to develop a cure against the deadly disease. A culture of collaboration is promoted and the need to eliminate unnecessary competition for the greater good of mankind is extensively highlighted. Electronic media like television and internet has been extensively used for this end. Celebrity endorsements too further boost the cause.
The Gentlemen’s Fund
The rap artist has tirelessly worked on behalf of the NGO “The Gentleman's Fund”. The organization highlights the need to end the curse of human trafficking in the world. They put a lot of emphasis on the plight of millions of poor children who fall prey to human smuggling rackets who exploit them in the flesh trade and enslave them. Electronic media like television and celebrity endorsements are extensively used to bring an often ignored issue into the spotlight thereby increasing the level of public consciousness against this horrible crime.