- Birthday18th May, 70
- Birth PlaceUnited States
- Marital statusMarried
- When humor works, it works because it's clarifying what people already feel. It has to come from someplace real.
- I do like to start on time; I like to set the bar high for people.
- I was the editor of the school newspaper and in drama club and choir, so I was not a popular girl in the traditional sense, but I think I was known for being relatively scathing.
- Every kid has something they're good at, that you hope they find and gravitate toward.
- Sometimes people expect that I'm going to be tough. It's not a bad situation. People treat you better. People are on time.
Did you know?
- She was the recipient of the Mark Twain Prize for American Humor, the youngest-ever winner of the award in 2010.
- She won the Golden Globe, Screen Actors Guild, and Emmy awards all in the category for Best Actress in a Comedy Series in 2008.
- She and the writing staff won a Writers Guild of America Award for SNLs 25th anniversary special in 2001.
- She has received eight Emmy Awards, two Golden Globe Awards, five Screen Actors Guild Awards, and four Writers Guild of America Awards
- At the 2002 Emmy Awards ceremony, she and the writing team won the Emmy for Outstanding Writing for a Variety, Music or Comedy Program.
Family & relationships
West End Avenue apartment
The awesome apartment which Tina Fey owns might be modest by Hollywood and her own standards. However, it is definitely special. Though it was originally listed for about $4.1 million, it was bought by the comedienne actress for $3.4 million. Listing information also stated that the house was in 'estate condition' which means that Ms.Fey has put in a lot of interior-decorating work into it.
Location: The apartment occupies half the floor of a building in West-End Avenue, Upper West Side, New York.
Accommodation: This gracious and large family home boasts of 4 bedrooms out of which one is the master suite. There are 4.5 bathrooms to go along. The home also has a maid's bedroom along with a powder room too.
Features: Ms.Tina Fey's large nest has an elevator with a private landing leading up to the home. A central landing hall leads to the large and dignified, 28-feet living room with a working fireplace. A king would be comfortable in the beautiful and luxurious master suite bedroom. The home has been arranged so as to keep the public spaces close to the main door while the bedrooms and private areas are deeper.The large dining hall can easily host up to 20 people while the kitchen comes attached with a butler's room. The large windows afford magnificent views of the Hudson river. There is also a 17-feet library loaded with books. Large corridors and multiple small closets embellish the home.
Neighborhood: West End Avenue is a favorite haunt of sorts for celebrities. The singing great, Harry Belafonte had lived here and the Hollywood star, Matt Damon too is rumored to have plans for acquiring a space here.
West End Avenue apartment
The living hall
The dining hall
Roger Vivier Boite de Nuit Clutch
The actress flaunted her designer clutch to the red carpet of the 2012 Emmy Awards. The shape is designed like an elegant rectangular box with a crystal studded clasp in colors ranging from gold to black providing a stylish look.
BP. Platinum ‘Empire’ Sandal
Fey was snapped wearing these luxurious sandals while attending the wedding ceremony of Alec Thomas and Hilaria Thomas on June 2012 in New York. It features smooth satin straps and T-strap sandals creating a stylish look. It has a thin elastic sling-back strap with heels measuring 4 inches and is available in select colors like black and gold.
Lorraine Schwartz Oval Blackened Platinum and Diamond Ring
The comedian was photographed wearing this expensive designer diamond ring on January this year to the 17th SAG Awards. The big cocktail ring boasts of diamonds in floral designs combined with blackened platinum, 22K Gold and other precious stones.
No. 6 5″ Black Leather Buckle Boots
The artist was snapped donning these leather boots to a prestigious event. This new style boot is great for extreme weather conditions as it is water resistant with slightly higher heels. The shoes costing ‘$370’ are available in many colors ranging from black, olive, navy, berry and mocha.