- Birthday15th Sep, 77
- Birth PlaceUnited Kingdom
- Marital statusMarried
- I'm from a nice, suburban, middle-class family, but my tattoos remind me where I've been.
- I'm very sensitive. Because my mum was my primary emotional caregiver growing up, I found myself being pinned into dresses, darting her dresses, choosing her high heels for the evening or what to wear. I'm very much a mommy's boy.
- Being an only child, I didn't have any other family but my mom and dad really, since the rest of my family lived quite far away from London.
- I have a very busy head. I have inside voices that I have learned to contain.
- If you look round Hollywood there's no end of white smiles and six packs. Long lines of beautiful people lining up to be incredible on film.
Did you know?
- He won the BAFTA Rising Star Award for his role in the critically acclaimed film, Inception.
- He won The Big Breakfasts Find Me a Supermodel competition at age 21.
- He was awarded the 2003 London Evening Standard Theatre Award for Outstanding Newcomer for his performances in Blood and In Arabia Wed All Be Kings.
- He was nominated for a 2004 Laurence Olivier Award for Most Promising Newcomer of 2003 in a Society of London Theatre Affiliate for his performance as Skank in the aforementioned production of In Arabia Wed All Be Kings.
- His role in the four-part TV drama The Take on Sky One gained him a Best Actor nomination at the 2009 Crime Thriller Awards.
Family & relationships
Audi R8 Spyder
Tom Hardy was photographed leaving the upmarket Dorchester Hotel in London on the third week of July 2012 in his metallic gray Audi R8 Spyder after attending an event to promote his movie “The Dark Knight Rises”. The actor was accompanied by his fiancée, Charlotte Riley to the function and admitted to the fact that he was driving the R8 as part of a sponsorship deal with the German auto giant but was full of praise for the superb driving experience provided by the car. Hardy’s $160,000 Spyder comes with a foldable roof top and sports a swanky matte finish on its exterior.
Excited 22-year old Tom Hardy wedded Sarah Ward back in 1999, the time when he was battling an addiction to cocaine and to alcohol too. It was during his marriage with her that he entered rehab to get over the addictions. And he eventually succeeded also. However, the relationship did not seem to work out well, and after patient and hard efforts to make the marriage work, the couple divorced in 2003. Both moved along their ways, and Tom Hardy soon began to date Rachael Speed.
Tom Hardy jetted off to the exotic beach resort of Maldives on March 2012 in order to take some time off from his hectic work schedule. The actor was not accompanied by anyone for the entire duration of his four day long holiday and relished his rare moments of solitude. Hardy spent a lot of time soaking in the hot tropical sun and greatly enjoyed his dips in the azure blue ocean waters. Tom encountered a few of his passionate fans on the island and was gracious enough to pose for a few snaps with them, some of which later found their way on the internet.
Location: Maldives is an island situated in the middle of the Indian Ocean and is the smallest country in Asia.
Accommodation: Maldives is home to close to thirty high end hotels. Luxury accommodations of the class of "Constance Moofushi Resort", "Jumeirah Vittaveli", "Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa" and "One and Only Maldives at Reethi Rah" usually charge in the region of $1,200 to $1,800 to let out a room for a day during the busy tourist season.
Main Attractions: Maldives offer visitors the perfect holiday destination due to its idyllic nature, while the beaches on the island are just perfect for indulging in lazy pastimes like sunbathing and going for leisurely strolls along it. The stunning natural scenery of Maldives is without parallel in Asia. Its turquoise lagoons serve as the perfect natural swimming pools. The island’s coral reefs are a snorkeler’s paradise and offer the chance to view some of the most exotic colored tropical fish in the world. A few of the restaurants in town dish up some of the most exotic seafood imaginable.
The Dark Night Rises actor Tom Hardy has agreed to fight English professional heavyweight boxing champ David “The Hayemaker” Haye in a charitable bout. The actor agreed to the fight on the condition that people watching it agree to donate enough money to various charitable organizations. Reportedly, when the boxing star was asked by the tabloids as to which celebrity would be a good match for him he took the name of Hardy. The actor in his response has readily accepted the lighthearted challenge imposed on him as long as the funds generated from the bout goes to help philanthropic organizations such as “The Prince's Trust”, “Help for Heroes”, “Breakthrough Breast Cancer” and the NGO “Flack” which provides aid to homeless people. Although, the English actor has no professional fighting experience, but he took training with professionals while preparing for action sequences of his movies. Hardy however has realized that he is at a major disadvantage against the heavyweight boxer. The star has accepted that the most likely outcome of his duel with Haye is going to be his crushing defeat, but still he wants to go ahead with it for the financial benefits it’s going to bring to a noble cause.
Under Armour EU Armourfleece PO Hoody
Hardy wore the sporty hooded sweater to the premiere of his movie “Jack Reacher”. The 100% polyester black Hoody features a front hand warmer pocket with its chic label embroidery, ribbed cuffs and waistband. The sweatshirt feels like cotton but offers considerable warmth in addition to deriving moisture leading to great comfort.
Y-3 Adidas ‘Why Thre3′ T-Shirt
The actor was looking trendy sporting the cotton white Y3 Adidas T-Shirt from the Adidas and Yohji Yamamoto collection. It features crew neck with half sleeves and red and black contrast bold printing of the letters 'Why Thre3'.
Nike Air Max 95
Tom donned the athletic shoes while enjoying the company of his friends. The Nike trainers features an updated version since 1995 with its graduated contoured overlays, mesh trim and chunky laces. The $155 accessory is available in different colors creating a sporty look.
Diesel Zathan 73H Bootcut Jeans
Hardy was photographed wearing the Diesel boot-cut jeans. The faded blue cotton Italian low rise jeans feature multiple pockets, whiskers at thighs and at the back of the knees. The $105 distressed denim has dual tone stitching with contrast embroidery and signature logo at the back waist.