- Birthday21st Aug, 86
- Birth PlaceJamaica
- Marital statusSingle
- Manners is the key thing. Say, for instance, when you're growing up, you're walking down the street, you've got to tell everybody good morning. Everybody. You can't pass one person.
- For me, I'm focused on what I want to do. I know what I need to do to be a champion, so I'm working on it.
- I've worked hard over the years, I've been injured and I've worked hard through it, and I've made it.
- When people see your personality come out, they feel so good, like they actually know who you are.
- I work hard, and I do good, and I'm going to enjoy myself. I'm not going to let you restrict me.
Did you know?
- He is the reigning Olympic champion in these three events, the first man to win six Olympic gold medals in sprinting, and an eight-time World champion.
- His achievements in sprinting have earned him the media nickname "Lightning Bolt".
- His awards included the IAAF World Athlete of the Year, Track & Field Athlete of the Year, and Laureus Sportsman of the Year (three times)
- He is one of the most successful athletes in the 30-year history of the athletics world championships.
- He is widely regarded as the fastest sprinter ever.
Family & relationships
Ferrari F430 Spider
The ace sprinter, Usain Bolt, has been spotted driving a Ferrari F430. The car is definitely not an 'entry level' machine as it is priced at a whopping $217,000. It is powered by a 4.3 liter V8 engine which gives power of 490 hp. No need to turn the keys as there is a large 'Engine Start' button on the left side of the steering wheel. It can accelerate from 0 - 62 in just 4.1 seconds and can reach a top speed of 193mph. The car comes with a number of convenient features like keyless entry, dual-zone climate control, auto-dimming mirrors and an audio system which is capable of playing MP3 songs.
Usain was given a blue colored BMW M3 by his principal sponsor for his performance in the Olympics. The car is a hot favorite among car lovers for its sports car performance and brilliant handling. The car is powered by a 4.0 liter V8 engine that gives a power of 414hp. The car is fitted with a six speed manual transmission and a seven speed automatic transmission. It has a number of luxury amenities like xenon headlamps, leather upholstery and a 10-speaker audio system. Apart from these it also has a satellite radio and an iDrive navigation system.
2013 Nissan GT-R
For a man who can finish a 100 meter dash in just 9.63 seconds, finding a ride worthy of his lust for speed must be a tall order indeed. Luckily for Japanese car maker Nissan, Usain Bolt has been the face of their automobiles since 2009 and the fastest man in the world has now chosen the new Nissan GT-R to be his ride around town. The reigning Olympic champion’s 2013 model year GT-R comes with the same 3.8 liter V6 unit that the 2012 model year vehicle had though the new version offers 15 more ponies with the total output being pushed to a wicked 545 horsepower now.
The upgrade will allow Bolt to dart from 0-60 mph in under three seconds though we’re not sure how fast that would appear to the guy known as the fastest man on the planet. Bolt, who already owns a previous version of the vehicle, however, should be able to detect refinements added to the new model like the speed-sensitive steering, extra torque and Normal, Comfort and "R" driving modes. Since Bolt already is fronting Nissan’s 'What If' ad campaign and is the face of the GT-R range internationally, we’re sure he got a great discount on his new ride. For everyone else, the 2013 Nissan GT-R will be priced at a cool $96,820.
Leather appointed front seats
Multi link with aluminum arms steering
Usain Bolt's new car, 2013 Nissan GT-R
Usain Bolt Foundation
The Usain Bolt Foundation is established by the man himself and it strives to create an environment for happy children. The organization promotes development in the fields of education and culture and helps them to realize their dreams. His work in this field has been highly appreciated and he has also received the highest individual donor award in Kingston. The Bolt Foundation also supports cardiac surgeries and treatments for children. He has also pledged to host a walk-a-thon to raise awareness and the much needed funds. The Foundation have also facilitated the training of cardiac personnel, hosts missions in surgery and also provides equipment for surgeries.
The world's fastest man Usain “Lightning” Bolt has a Hublot watch made in his honor. The watch is designed in collaboration with the Olympic athlete featuring Hublot’s HUB4100 chronograph movement, signature of Bolt and recognizable sprint pose on the dial. The watch even features the “gold” color scheme to match Usain’s world record-holding racing shoes, besides the gold leather strap is made from exactly the same gold-colored synthetic leather as his racing shoes.
The watch is described to be an understated gadget that truly epitomizes the Hubolt watches. The 48 mm king power case is made of micro blastic ceramic with touching of the Bolt’s lucky shoes color, Gold. The flange of the dial features 2n gold powder coating. The limited series watches priced at $24,000 each.
The world’s fastest sprinter, Usain Bolt has been spotted wearing Puma high-end athletic shoes several times. In athletics history he has signed the biggest sponsorship deal with Puma by extending his contract to 2013. Once he says that Puma has supported his sportsmanship since he was 15 and he rates the German-based multinational brand at number one in his book.