- Birthday11th May, 32
- Birth PlaceItaly
- Marital statusSingle
- An evening dress that reveals a woman's ankles while walking is the most disgusting thing I have ever seen.
- I am especially grateful that I have been able to keep my own style over the decades, in spite of the many changes that have taken place in the world of fashion and in its business.
- There are only three things I can do - make a dress, decorate a house, and entertain people.
- I know what women want. They want to be beautiful.
- My first year, people were interested in me because I was new. Then the press started to come.
Did you know?
- He was awarded the Chevalier de la Légion dhonneur by the President France, Chirac on July 6, 2006.
- He is one of the worlds top fashion designers.
- He was presented with the Medal of the City of Paris for his services to fashion in the city where he was educated on January 24, 2008.
- He was presented with the sixth annual Couture Council Award for Artistry of Fashion from the Museum at the Fashion Institute of Technology on September 7, 2011.
Family & relationships
T.M. Blue One Yacht
Iconic Italian fashion designer Valentino Garavani proudly counts a T.M. Blue One yacht as one of his most valuable possessions. Garavani has owned and operated the yacht since the year 1988 and has named it as a mark of respect to his departed parents, Teresa and Mauro, from whom the boat derives its initials “T.M.”. Garavani uses the boat to set sail to exotic beach destinations in order to de-stress himself from his hectic work schedule. And on several occasions, the designer has hosted lavish beach parties for his friends and guests on the deck of his yacht which was designed and built in 1988 by Italian luxury boat maker, The Perini Navi Group, popularly known as Picchiotti.
The vessel is approximately 152 feet long and possesses a 30 feet long beam along with 8.4 feet draught. And the superstructure of the silver gray and white colored yacht has been constructed using aluminum.
Valentino’s toy is powered by two propeller based Caterpillar 3412TA engines that deliver a combined output of 1550HP. The T.M. Blue One is capable of a mean cruising speed of 12 knots and its full 102000 liter tank of fuel can propel it for about 7000 nautical miles at a stretch without refueling.
The boat has enough space on board to accommodate nine crew members along with ten guests simultaneously. Garavani’s yacht has been very luxuriously styled and its interiors have been designed by famous decorator Peter Marino. The flooring of the deck has been made from expensive teak wood. There is a Jacuzzi along with a spa on board and also a well-stocked mini bar. The spacious guest rooms have been tastefully decorated with paintings of iconic artists of the class of Pablo Picasso and Andy Warhol.