- Birthday30th Aug, 30
- Birth PlaceUnited States
- Marital statusMarried
Buffett was born to Leila and Howard Buffett and was the second of three children. Starting from the career of a salesman in 1951 he became world's richest person in 2008. Warren Buffet is also known as "Sage of Omaha" for his austere lifestyle and "Oracle of Omaha" for his oracle of delphi like accuracy in stock picking.
He is also the global ambassador of charity in modern world, after taking pledge to donate 99% of his wealth to charity. He is also encouraging other billionaires to donate their money.
Every aspect of his lifestyle reflects practicability and application. Buffet has earned much notoriety for moving markets with his predictions, most recently musing over his disapproval of Kraft's acquisition of Cadbury. America's second-richest man also stars in an online cartoon series, The Secret Millionaires Club, which teaches kids about money.
- The perfect amount of money to leave children is enough money so that they would feel they could do anything, but not so much that they could do nothing.
- Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.
- I buy expensive suits. They just look cheap on me.
- Take me as an example. I happen to have a talent for allocating capital. But my ability to use that talent is completely dependent on the society I was born into. If I'd been born into a tribe of hunters, this talent of mine would be pretty worthless. I can't run very fast. I'm not particularly strong. I'd probably end up as some wild animal's dinner.
- A girl in a convertible is worth five in the phonebook.
- "You know, if I'm playing bridge and a naked woman walks by, I don't ever see her."
- Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken.
- I don't look to jump over 7-foot bars: I look around for 1-foot bars that I can step over.
- It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently.
- In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield.
- It's far better to buy a wonderful company at a fair price than a fair company at a wonderful price.
- Wall Street is the only place that people ride to in a Rolls Royce to get advice from those who take the subway.
Did you know?
- There is a bridge championship in name of warren buffett played annually between and US and pan European Team.
- Sharon Osberg, A professional bridge player and buffett's Bridge partner was the first to persuade Buffett to use a computer — a task even his good friend Bill Gates couldn't pull off.
- In 2007 he auctioned his only car, a 2001 Lincoln Town Car on eBay to raise money for Girls, Inc. It fetched US $ 73,200.
- Warren Buffett has pledged to donate more than 99% of his wealth to various charities and has thus become face of philanthropy in modern world.
- Mark Zuckerberg is the latest and youngest to join the Buffett's "The Giving Pledge".
- Buffett charged interest on the money he spent to buy first property for his son, he also famously refused to give a small 40,000 US $ loan to his daughter for her kitchen rework.
- Warren Buffett Disowned his 32 years old Granddaughter Nicole Buffett, who is a neo hippie by lifestyle and abstract painter by profession.
- Warren Buffett was rejected at first by his mentor Ben Graham, because he wasn't a Jew.
- Warren Buffett was rejected admission by Harvard Business School.
- "The SEC (U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission) investigated Buffett in 1974-1976 for manipulating penny stocks".
- Warren Buffett still lives in the same house he purchased for his family in 1957.
Family & relationships
Laguna Beach home
The house in Laguna Beach's fancy Emerald Bay community was bought by Buffett in 1996 for $1,100,000 and used it for his vacations. He sold this property in 2005 for $5,450,000. This house is again on sale by the current owner on a low cost of $4.99 Million.
Location: This magnificent property is located in ocean side of PCH with the panoramic view of endless ocean, hillsides and Catalina Island. The property is completely isolated from the metro life and is a perfect place to rejuvenate as it is located on a private cul-de-sac.
Accommodation: The house is built on a 3,103 Sq Ft and has four grand bedrooms and four bathrooms. It has glass walls so that the breathtaking view of the ocean is never missed from any angle of the house. The private neighborhood of Emerald Bay offers a superfluity of amenities like six companion tennis courts, luxurious spas, three beach volleyball courts etc.
Neighborhood: Although there are no prominent names in the list of neighborhood but many celebs often visit this place for vacation.
The living room
Warren Buffet's former house
Laguna Beach home
Despite being the third richest person on the planet, Warren Buffet still prefers to stay rather humbly in his Happy Hollow neighborhood where he bought a home in 1958 for a measly sum of $31,500.
Location: Warren Buffett lives in his Omaha, Nebraska house. Omaha is the largest city in the state of Nebraska, United States and has more than a dozen historic monuments. The house is a symbol of this billionaire’s viewpoint of a rationalize lifestyle.
Accommodation: The house is spread in the area of 6234 square feet and was built in 1921. It has 5 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms and despite bieng owned by the third richest person it has no security guard and no surveillance cameras. In 2005 the property was valued at $ 690,000.
Neighborhood: This humble house has ordinary upper middleclass neighborhood. Properties in that locality are listed from $500 to $650,000.
Old style home
Warren Buffet's abode
Omaha Childhood House
The house in which Mr Buffett spent early years of his childhood was recently up for sale. The 1923 Sears house is a charming and well maintained house according to the previous owner. Buffett's parents moved into the house at 4224 Barker Ave. shortly after their wedding in 1925. Buffett was born in 1930 and lived in the house for several years.
Location: The house is located in Nebraska located on the Great Plains of the Midwestern United States.
Accommodation: The house is spread on 1,200-square-foot with the detached garage and fenced-in backyard in midtown Omaha. It is a conventional one and a half storey home with two bedrooms on the main level with hardwood floors. The living room and dining room feature the original 8-inch oak baseboards and built-in cabinetry. There are three walk-in closets.
Neighborhood: Although the house is not located in a posh area but is special since Warren use to live in this house. The house is located near Elmwood Park.
The front door
Most decadent woodwork
Most decadent woodwork
One of world's top selling luxury Business jet Gulfstream IV SP can seat 16 people on its luxurious leather seats in very aesthetically designed ambiance. It is powered by Rolls-Royce Tay 611-8 engine, which can produce 13,580 lbf of thrust. This jet has cruising speed of 528 MPH and can travel 4,860 miles non stop at maximum altitude of 45,000 feet.
Long-range executive jet
Warren Buffett's Indefensible
Playing Bridge - a Card GameThis Quote "I wouldn’t mind going to jail if I had three cellmates who played bridge" by Buffett sums up his passion for Bridge.
Playing UkuleleUkulele was developed in Hawaii as one of guitar family of instruments, it has 4 strings instead of standard 6 in guitar. Warren Buffett played his ukulele and sing "Red River Valley" with the QSB at the annual Berkshire Hathaway shareholders meeting in Omaha, Nebraska in 2008.
PhilatelyHe is an avid stamp collector, According to Buffett, Philately is known for encouraging studiousness, thoroughness and an ability to see the bigger picture.
Lincoln Town Car
The “Berkshire Hathaway” chairman owned a 4-door luxury sedan “Lincoln Town car” which he later on auctioned off for charity purpose in 2007. Buffet’s classy sedan featured a 4.6 L Modular SOHC V8 Engine providing swift acceleration and state-of-the-art suspension offering comfortable ride. The six passenger majestic car incorporated spacious and luxurious roomier rear bench seat, contemporary electronic gadgets, gorgeous dash and console and separate audio and climate control for optimizing comfort and pleasure.
Susan Thompson Buffett image
Astrid Menks image
Warren owned two beach houses here in past, and still owns one to spend his summers at Laguna Beach.Laguna Beach is the second oldest city in Orange County. Many artists and art lovers have settled in Laguna hillside.
Laguna Beach image
Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
In June 2006, he announced a plan to give away his fortune to charity, with 83% of it going to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. which eventually became the largest charitable donation in history.
The Giving Pledge is a campaign to encourage the wealthiest people in the United States to make a commitment to give most of their money to philanthropic causes.
Lunch with buffett
Every year Buffett accepts to have lunch with the winner of "Lunch with Buffett" auction and collections from auction goes to charity.
Dalian Dayang Trands
A Chinese clothing brand about which Mr Buffett’s disclosed in the China Daily that he owns nine Trands suits, and that he “loves” them, and that he has thrown out all his others.